Conquer Club

Double Turns and Freestyle Turn Holding

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Eliminate Freestyle Double Turns [Done]

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:47 am

alex951 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
alex951 wrote:majority rule minority rights, so because a lot of ppl bitch about double turns us how enjoy it can use it anymore, i most now just play doodle assassin speed game and the no double turn fucks the game play up for everyone

yeah, not being able to cheat really sucks... perhaps while you are waiting for those turns to come around, you can study some grammar and other basic language rules.. that way, us how enjoy the forums can use it anymore easily...-0

f*** you, eat a d*** b****. sorry i was typing fast and didn't read over what i wrote. the double turn was a big part of doodle assassin speed games, everyone expected it and everyone used it. the double turn just became part of freestyle. plus you have never played one of those game so how do you know what your taking about? its like a little kid telling his mom that he doesn't like something with out trying it.

I have played thousands of freestyle games and I think it is a great fix! Suck it up cupcake and get used to it. Just press B until you can start. It is not that hard at all. Stop bitching and learn to get better at this game.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby alex951 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:22 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
alex951 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
alex951 wrote:majority rule minority rights, so because a lot of ppl bitch about double turns us how enjoy it can use it anymore, i most now just play doodle assassin speed game and the no double turn fucks the game play up for everyone

yeah, not being able to cheat really sucks... perhaps while you are waiting for those turns to come around, you can study some grammar and other basic language rules.. that way, us how enjoy the forums can use it anymore easily...-0

f*** you, eat a d*** b****. sorry i was typing fast and didn't read over what i wrote. the double turn was a big part of doodle assassin speed games, everyone expected it and everyone used it. the double turn just became part of freestyle. plus you have never played one of those game so how do you know what your taking about? its like a little kid telling his mom that he doesn't like something with out trying it.

I have played thousands of freestyle games and I think it is a great fix! Suck it up cupcake and get used to it. Just press B until you can start. It is not that hard at all. Stop bitching and learn to get better at this game.

:D
Corporal alex951

Re: Reinstate game option “Freestyle - Allow Double Turns"

Postby alster on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:07 am

sully800 wrote:I'm not sure anyone in this thread besides alstergren actually understands the idea.

Just to clarify, this suggestion is for double turns allowed games. No loophole, so you don't have to run out of time or miss a card. You just finish one round and then you can start the next round. If you all understood that already, then pardon me, I just wanted to make it clear.

Indeed.

It puzzles me that people vote against an extra option without stating any reasons.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Missed Turns in Freestyle

Postby TotoroHat on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:48 pm

Concise description:

* Make it so that if a player misses his/her turn in a freestyle game it counts as if they have made the final turn of the round.

Specifics:

* If you miss a turn in a freestyle game then you can not be the first to start the next round.
Private TotoroHat

Postby 6_roller on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:14 pm

It's not fixed.

You can still have double turns, check out game 5675116 if you don't believe me.

Yellow finished 2 of his turns before I finished mine, and I then have to wait for 12 hours.

Either make it sequential with 2 players, or make it totally free-style...
Sergeant 6_roller

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:53 pm

6_roller wrote:It's not fixed.

You can still have double turns, check out game 5675116 if you don't believe me.

Yellow finished 2 of his turns before I finished mine, and I then have to wait for 12 hours.

Either make it sequential with 2 players, or make it totally free-style...

Err, no. Technically, when you began your turn you took it before him. There's a big difference.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Missed Turn Fix - Multiplayer Freestyle

Postby jsnr75 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:12 am

A constant frustration in multi-player freestyle games is the missed turn. As part of the game, I know it exists, and generally plan on it with noobs (?'s). I think a small change in the game would fix the disadvantage caused by these missed turns.

Ex. In a three player freestyle game, I finish my turn second, and the third player misses their turn. I get punished by being the last person to take a turn and not being able to play once their missed turn is finished.

I know anyone can miss a turn, not just ?'s, but it seems to be them more often than not. My suggestion is either:

A. Code the game to not punish the person who took the last turn prior to any missed turn. This is a simple change (ok, I don't know that it's a simple code change, but it's a small change) that doesn't punish a player who finishes their turn earlier than other players.

or

B. Limit new players from freestyle play (They are probably going to get their arses whooped anyway if they aren't up to speed on Tools and Enhancements and leave frustrated.) I know this one is unlikely to happen, but would help.
Corporal 1st Class jsnr75

Re: Missed Turn Fix - Multiplayer Freestyle

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:44 pm

jsnr75 wrote:A constant frustration in multi-player freestyle games is the missed turn. As part of the game, I know it exists, and generally plan on it with noobs (?'s). I think a small change in the game would fix the disadvantage caused by these missed turns.

Ex. In a three player freestyle game, I finish my turn second, and the third player misses their turn. I get punished by being the last person to take a turn and not being able to play once their missed turn is finished.

I know anyone can miss a turn, not just ?'s, but it seems to be them more often than not. My suggestion is either:

A. Code the game to not punish the person who took the last turn prior to any missed turn. This is a simple change (ok, I don't know that it's a simple code change, but it's a small change) that doesn't punish a player who finishes their turn earlier than other players.

or

B. Limit new players from freestyle play (They are probably going to get their arses whooped anyway if they aren't up to speed on Tools and Enhancements and leave frustrated.) I know this one is unlikely to happen, but would help.

About your first thought, the reason this happens, is to remove double turns. Think about it, if this were to be used, where if Player A was the last person to go, but player B missed a turn, then Player A could very well wait until there were about 2 minutes left in a turn, take it, wait for the next turn to come up, and basically get a double turn.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jsnr75 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:51 pm

I agree with what you are saying, I'm talking about freestyle with 3 or more players. It's not a tactic for the person who finishes second to abuse...he just gets hosed because of the player that misses a turn.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:57 pm

jsnr75 wrote:I agree with what you are saying, I'm talking about freestyle with 3 or more players. It's not a tactic for the person who finishes second to abuse...he just gets hosed because of the player that misses a turn.

Actually, it was abused badly before. That's why the system is like this today.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jsnr75 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 pm

I think you are missing the point of the post.

I understand the abuse on 2 player games. Was a victim of it. Agree with what is in place.

In this case the "fix" created another problem because of deadbeats...mostly ?'s playing freestyle games. All I'm suggesting is keeping ?'s from freestyle games or setting the game up so that if someone misses a turn...it doesn't punish someone other than that player. How is it fair to punish the guy who finished his turn second because of the missed turn by the third player???

Postby jsnr75 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 pm

OK, I have to be explaining the problem incorrectly, because this seems so ridiculously unfair. Let me take another stab at it.

Round 1 Freestyle 3 players.
Player 1 Starts turn...ends turn.
Player 2 Starts turn...ends turn.
Player 3 Misses Turn

Advance to Round 2
Player 2 Cannot take turn after the missed turn even though he finished his turn before the missed
turn because the system reads him as having "Played last"...he is therefore, punished for
player 3 deadbeating.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 pm

jsnr75 wrote:I think you are missing the point of the post.

I understand the abuse on 2 player games. Was a victim of it. Agree with what is in place.

In this case the "fix" created another problem because of deadbeats...mostly ?'s playing freestyle games. All I'm suggesting is keeping ?'s from freestyle games or setting the game up so that if someone misses a turn...it doesn't punish someone other than that player. How is it fair to punish the guy who finished his turn second because of the missed turn by the third player???

You are not grasping the point I made. This was abused at ALL level of games, 2-8. Players were constantly using this tactic to maintain a bonus or to ensure a kill or on maps such as Oasis, or any other Objective map, to gain the victory.

The removing of Freestyle from the New Recruits options is a good Suggestion. I support it 100% since i Suggested it a month or two ago.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jsnr75 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:11 pm

I have seen you and now Queen Herpes make similar suggestions with Freestyle.

But I'm not talking about taking away the punishment for the player that missed the turn, I'm talking about taking away the punishment for the player that played his turn appropriately.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:33 pm

jsnr75 wrote:I have seen you and now Queen Herpes make similar suggestions with Freestyle.

But I'm not talking about taking away the punishment for the player that missed the turn, I'm talking about taking away the punishment for the player that played his turn appropriately.

AND as i said, they can easily abuse this. They notice a New Recruit, or someone is missing turns, they wait for the last possible moment, take their turn, End, Player misses their turn, the player that JUST took his turn gets a Double turn.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jsnr75 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 am

Guess the only solution is to limit the missed turns then, and the only way I see that happening is to stop ?'s from playing freestyle.

It sucks to be at the receiving end of a punishment for an exploit that you aren't using.

Postby RedRing on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:48 pm

I see what the OP is saying, and based on what he's suggesting I think I have a decent fix.

For the unfortunate "last player" they should be allowed to go first, if 12 hours has passed since their turn.

So for instance

Player 1: Begin End Turn (1:00pm)
Player 2: Begin End Turn (2:00pm)
Player 3: Missed Turn (8:00pm)

Player 2 must wait

Player 1: Begin End Turn (1:00pm)
Player 2: Begin End Turn (2:00pm)
Player 3: Missed Turn (2:01am)

Anyone can go.
Sergeant RedRing

speed freestyle double turn *Rejected*

Postby 40kguy on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Concise description:
[list]
when you play speed games allow you to double turn

Specifics/Details:
[list]
when you run out of time in a speed game its your turn again

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
[list]
making speed games more fun.

i also realized when your playing escalating or flat rate if you dont end its your loss, not the people who end and if you do end you end with like two seconds left and you begin right away.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Re: speed freestyle double turn

Postby blakebowling on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:55 pm

I don't see the suggestion in this thread.
Private blakebowling

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 pm

He wants it to be if you run out of time in a speed game it is your turn again; It is cheap and I completely disagree
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby blakebowling on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:13 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:He wants it to be if you run out of time in a speed game it is your turn again; It is cheap and I completely disagree

Isn't it this way now?
Private blakebowling

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:40 pm

I don't believe so.. I could be wrong, since I don't often run out of time in freestyle games. :/ Anyone with more knowledge can feel free to post here lol

Postby jrh_cardinal on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:48 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:I don't believe so.. I could be wrong, since I don't often run out of time in freestyle games. :/ Anyone with more knowledge can feel free to post here lol

well i think I'd know from our last game :evil: :evil:

it's not your turn if you run out of time, you have to wait 2.5 minutes or until someone starts, just like if you end last
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:36 pm

Thanks jrh :)

I cannot tell what the OP wants though.. are they for, or against the double turn?

Postby 40kguy on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:30 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:Thanks jrh :)

I cannot tell what the OP wants though.. are they for, or against the double turn?

you dont rember the old double turn thing for freestyle?
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions