Conquer Club

BOB comments (old thread)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 4.7.9

Postby Godsav1 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:44 pm

This is working right with me... Its totally screwing up my clickies not letting me chat, not letting me attack.... how do I un-install it?

EDIT: Never-mind got it un-installed. :)
Major Godsav1

Postby Capitino on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:24 am

Been using BOB for a while now and really like it, thanx for it!
One small thing that could be improved imho, is the option 'Min HUD Width'. Now for every map on every computer you play you need to manually set this, but I want all to be the same. Can't there be some sort of default setting which you can adjust?
Lieutenant Capitino

Postby sherkaner on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:46 am

Started adjusting BOB a bit again last night, and that annoyed me too a while ago (I don't use it normally) so I'll change that soon.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Capitino on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:01 am

hurray! :)
Lieutenant Capitino

Postby sherkaner on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:19 pm

I'm probably gonna set a new version online Sunday, if you want to test my current beta version, click the following link:http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/52700.user.js. If the new version comes out, you will just have to do the normal procedure. If you want to go back to the current version, click 'Latest version installed'. Any remarks: please post them here or PM me.

Changes:
  • Bob tends to fetch the XML of the map for every time you visit a page, caching is off. I want to test it with caching again now.
  • Changed the way snapshots are removed, and created an option for removing all snapshots of finished games. (Since the last way of removing snapshots wasn't perfect, the numbers of removed snapshots can be quite high).
  • Created an option (in 'map options') to turn full log fetching off, the 30-second timeouts in stalemates can be prevented by turning that off. You won't get all information though (Last Bonus could be 0 in some cases). This setting is game-specific.
  • created a default value for the min hud width, so you don't have to adjust it for each map.(not totally happy with the behaviour though)
  • altered Auto-Bob, so BOB stays off if set to off (if you moved somewhat, it would turn on again)
  • Tried to undo the off-by-one error some people get with the numbers of the map (couldn't test though).
  • Adjusted the BOB logic for a safe territory. A territory is considered safe if no (possible) enemy can attack it, so neutrals don't count.

I'm considering an extra option since log fetching is still slower than the rest of the script.
If the standard log has enough information to fill the statistics (excepting the missed turns(total)), don't fetch the full log.

And for future versions, I know only one reason for using the map align (if the numbers are off a little, move them), and I tried to fix that now. Is there anyone who uses it for another reason?
Last edited by sherkaner on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:40 pm

Thank you for all the work that you've put into this add-on... it's a very useful one :)

I am wondering though if it would be somehow possible to include the auto-deploy bonuses in the 'last bonus' area as a second number. Perhaps something like 8 (10) would work to say last deployable bonus was 8, with 2 auto deployed as well?

Not sure if that would be the best way to display it, but something to show both deployable and total troops gotten the previous turn would be nice for fog games, especially on maps that are heavy on the autodeploy spots, like City Mogul.

Thanks again :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Herbas on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:51 am

Question/suggestion: could it be possible for BOB to take snapshots automatically right after I click "end reinforcements" (well, just after finishing my turn)?
yeah, it would create hundreds of snapshots, but then maybe some auto-delete function could help in such case?
Colonel Herbas

Re: BOB 4.8.1

Postby sherkaner on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:47 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Thank you for all the work that you've put into this add-on... it's a very useful one :)

I am wondering though if it would be somehow possible to include the auto-deploy bonuses in the 'last bonus' area as a second number. Perhaps something like 8 (10) would work to say last deployable bonus was 8, with 2 auto deployed as well?

Not sure if that would be the best way to display it, but something to show both deployable and total troops gotten the previous turn would be nice for fog games, especially on maps that are heavy on the autodeploy spots, like City Mogul.

Thanks again :)

Yeah, quite possible. I'd make it the same layout as Troops due though, so (R + Z + RB). R = bonusses directly from territory count, Z = continent bonusses, RB = auto-deploy bonusses. So if I were to name them, I guess it would be (TB + CB + AD)... But there must be some reason for the letters, so I'll leave them for now.
Next update though.

Herbas wrote:Question/suggestion: could it be possible for BOB to take snapshots automatically right after I click "end reinforcements" (well, just after finishing my turn)?
yeah, it would create hundreds of snapshots, but then maybe some auto-delete function could help in such case?

Hmm, yes it is possible. Maybe next update
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Karl_R_Kroenen on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:25 pm

First off, THANK YOU for BOB!

I currently have installed 4.7.9 at home.
I did install 4.8.1 BOB and, I believe, an upgraded Greasemonkey.
Any map has double layer or 3D of each army count, slightly offset to the upper left, on each territory.

I have tried CTRL+F5 to clear the cache, I then deactiaved Greasemonkey, cleared the cache and then activated Greasemonkey : doesn't work or change the double layer.

Anyone else with that issue?
Firefox 3.5.3
Clickable Maps 3.9.2(I think)
Window XP home
Sergeant 1st Class Karl_R_Kroenen

Postby Tupence on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Karl_R_Kroenen wrote:First off, THANK YOU for BOB!

I currently have installed 4.7.9 at home.
I did install 4.8.1 BOB and, I believe, an upgraded Greasemonkey.
Any map has double layer or 3D of each army count, slightly offset to the upper left, on each territory.

I have tried CTRL+F5 to clear the cache, I then deactiaved Greasemonkey, cleared the cache and then activated Greasemonkey : doesn't work or change the double layer.

Anyone else with that issue?
Firefox 3.5.3
Clickable Maps 3.9.2(I think)
Window XP home

I'm having the same issue. You can correct it temporarily by offsetting it 2 up and 2 across, but you have to do it for each map so it's something that needs to be fixed :)

EDIT: People are already discussing this issue in the BOB Bugs thread :oops:
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby Herbas on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:24 am

sherkaner wrote:
Herbas wrote:Question/suggestion: could it be possible for BOB to take snapshots automatically right after I click "end reinforcements" (well, just after finishing my turn)?

Hmm, yes it is possible. Maybe next update

Great to hear! I just thought that BOB could just overwrite last auto-save of the game, so there won't be many snapshots automatically created, and manually taken snapshots wouldn't be affected at all.
Colonel Herbas

Re: Any problems with new BOB

Postby bazmac on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:06 am

This fixed my problem, on aor2 I was getting a double layer of armies over the top of my menu, very confusing and I couldn't use the menu, the only problem I have now is that damn red update flashing! lol
http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/13076.user.js
http://userscripts.org/scripts/version/ ... 03.user.js
Last edited by bazmac on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal bazmac

Re: BOB 4.8.2

Postby the yorkist on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:19 pm

wonder if someone could help me. just installed bob 4.8.2 (first time used) and the stats screen is so strongly highlighted so as to obliterate the stats, have i done something wrong?
Private 1st Class the yorkist

Postby yeti_c on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:05 am

the yorkist wrote:wonder if someone could help me. just installed bob 4.8.2 (first time used) and the stats screen is so strongly highlighted so as to obliterate the stats, have i done something wrong?

This is usually because you have more than 1 script installed - specifically a very old BOB or Troys script.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Angus Khan on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Not sure if it is a bug or undocumented feature ;) but under the BOB Map Options menu, when I set "Load Full Log" to no it doesn't remember that setting for the next time I'm on the map. I have a number of 300-500 round games going on now and that would be a REAL bonus if it only was a sticky setting. Is there any place to force this to "no" and have it remember that setting?

Thanks for all the great work on BOB, both Yeti and Sherkaner!
Sergeant 1st Class Angus Khan

Postby sherkaner on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:59 am

Angus Khan wrote:Not sure if it is a bug or undocumented feature ;) but under the BOB Map Options menu, when I set "Load Full Log" to no it doesn't remember that setting for the next time I'm on the map. I have a number of 300-500 round games going on now and that would be a REAL bonus if it only was a sticky setting. Is there any place to force this to "no" and have it remember that setting?

Thanks for all the great work on BOB, both Yeti and Sherkaner!

That setting is per game, not per map. So it should actually remember that setting per game.
And btw, I still consider it experimental, I haven't tested it fully when you start taking turns.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Angus Khan on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 am

sherkaner wrote:
That setting is per game, not per map. So it should actually remember that setting per game.
And btw, I still consider it experimental, I haven't tested it fully when you start taking turns.

LOL, well it is working experimentally. ;)

I think I'm on to something. I often close the browser running CC, so it doesn't like that much when I return. Also since it "forgot" that I'd made the setting on a given map, I have to turn it back on. However, once I've done THAT the next maps seem to "remember" that they were set previously. I'd have a look-see in the code, but I've been away from programming for so long that I'm afraid I'm pretty dangerous now. :)
Sergeant 1st Class Angus Khan

Postby BrotherWolf on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:09 am

Hi, I'm getting the wrong stats for Last Bonus

Game 5601251
Pink had a bonus of 4 for 14 terrs, 4 bonus plus 10 for Cards but BOB lists it as a 12 Last Bonus?
Sergeant 1st Class BrotherWolf

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 am

BrotherWolf wrote:Hi, I'm getting the wrong stats for Last Bonus

Game 5601251
Pink had a bonus of 4 for 14 terrs, 4 bonus plus 10 for Cards but BOB lists it as a 12 Last Bonus?

Shows 8 for me.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Dako on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Code: Select all
2009-10-08 02:42:27 - jbarnhar received 4 troops for holding ?
2009-10-08 02:42:27 - jbarnhar received 4 troops for 13 regions
2009-10-08 02:43:00 - jbarnhar cashed in a group of Harry, GlobalWarming, and W.Floor worth 10 troops
2009-10-08 02:43:00 - jbarnhar got bonus of 2 troops added to ?

Last bonus is 8 and shows 8 for me.
Colonel Dako

Postby Silver- on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:42 pm

Just installed version 4.8.2 and its does not work for me. The snapshot are not saved properly.

Scenario:
- Go to a game.
- Start BOB.
- Take a snapshot (the snapshot appear in the list).
- Leave the game page.
- Go back in the game.
- Start BOB.
- THERE IS NO SNAPSHOT LISTED (but the snapshot was saved).

I re-installed version 4.8.1 beta (link in a thread) and the problem still occurred.

It is working fine with 4.7.3.

How can I get this issue resolve?
Major Silver-

Postby BrotherWolf on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:12 am

yeti_c wrote:
BrotherWolf wrote:Hi, I'm getting the wrong stats for Last Bonus

Game 5601251

Shows 8 for me.

C.

Cheers for that....It now shows 8 for me but the game has moved on a round by now. I'll keep an eye on it but your post seems to indicate you checked within the same round.
Sergeant 1st Class BrotherWolf

Postby InfidelKiller on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:58 am

seems like the last bonus count is messed up on this version
Private InfidelKiller

Postby Poo_Head on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:34 am

BOB isn't working at all for me.

But it used to, until recently.
...*snip*...
EDIT: I found the problem; for some reason conquerclub URL, without my knowledge, mutated from http:// to https://. Restarting the browser wouldn't fix the problem because firefox propagates the URL when it restarts. The added 's' was reason enough for greasemonkey to be bound from working. Although I'm still confused at where exactly that 's' came from, and yes I know what it represents, recalling recent changes in my conquerclub play I have twice visited the shop looking at the various payment methods. It stands to reason that there is a link on one of those pages that returns us to conquerclub with https instead of http.

8-) so I'm back in business now. Though I must add I've since reset my BOB settings and am again reminded of how.... superfluous.... the BOB script is in default settings. There are a few default:on toggles in general which I doubt that many people leave on.
Lieutenant Poo_Head

Postby sherkaner on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Poo_Head wrote:BOB isn't working at all for me.

But it used to, until recently.
...*snip*...
EDIT: I found the problem; for some reason conquerclub URL, without my knowledge, mutated from http:// to https://. Restarting the browser wouldn't fix the problem because firefox propagates the URL when it restarts. The added 's' was reason enough for greasemonkey to be bound from working. Although I'm still confused at where exactly that 's' came from, and yes I know what it represents, recalling recent changes in my conquerclub play I have twice visited the shop looking at the various payment methods. It stands to reason that there is a link on one of those pages that returns us to conquerclub with https instead of http.

8-) so I'm back in business now. Though I must add I've since reset my BOB settings and am again reminded of how.... superfluous.... the BOB script is in default settings. There are a few default:on toggles in general which I doubt that many people leave on.

Good, thanks for explaining the problem. I guess you're talking about the confirmations? Phase end on, autoattack off, deploy off would be my choices for starters (they can decide whether phase end on is useful). And I don't see the use of both text map and map inspect on.

And I saw the original post: I'd like to break down the bonus someone received in the extended statistics screen. But I was thinking of a breakdown when hovering over someone's last bonus. Cards wouldn't be counted in the displayed stats though, but autodeploy would (x + y if needed).
Colonel sherkaner

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives