Conquer Club

BOB Bugs

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB Bugs

Postby maineguy12000 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:10 pm

I've noticed there is a problem with the Solar System map. The map inspect says that 'Jupiter's High Orbit' can only attack 'Jupiter's Low Orbit', which is right. However if the cursor is on 'Jupiter's High Orbit' it shows that it borders with 'Jupiter's Low Orbit' and can only attack 'Chariklo'.
Lieutenant maineguy12000

Postby Lindax on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Just downloaded the latest update for BOB (version 4.8.1) and I see all my armies double.

Please help, I'm getting a headache! ;)

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby bedub1 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Lindax wrote:Just downloaded the latest update for BOB (version 4.8.1) and I see all my armies double.

Lx

same here. unless I map fade the map to 10%, then I only see 1 number.
Colonel bedub1

Postby ender516 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 pm

bedub1 wrote:
Lindax wrote:Just downloaded the latest update for BOB (version 4.8.1) and I see all my armies double.

Lx

Under the Map Options menu of BOB, click on the Map Align Left or Map Align Top buttons. This shifts the numbers that BOB displays. If things start getting worse, keep going: the pixel count will go to about 20 (or -20) then jump to -20 (or 20). With some trial and error, you can usually clean things up.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby snufkin on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:07 pm

On peloponnesian (beta) FOW with version 4.8.1. BOB shows "last bonus" but does not count autodeploy bonus even if itĀ“s mentioned in the log?

not sure if itĀ“s a bug or if it has been mentioned before
The comet cometh!
Sergeant 1st Class snufkin

Postby Grifter on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:36 pm

sherkaner wrote:I guess this is a problem with the 'hide menu'-option? I think I know what causes it, and how to solve it. Thanks for noticing.

I installed the latest update 4.8.1 and the problem of the disappearing menu has been fixed. Thanks.
Lieutenant Grifter

Postby fookeh on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:53 pm

ender516 wrote:
bedub1 wrote:

Lx

Under the Map Options menu of BOB, click on the Map Align Left or Map Align Top buttons. This shifts the numbers that BOB displays. If things start getting worse, keep going: the pixel count will go to about 20 (or -20) then jump to -20 (or 20). With some trial and error, you can usually clean things up.

Is there a way so I don't have to align the map on every game? That does work, but I have to do it each time I go into a new game.

Thanks!
Corporal 1st Class fookeh

Postby Lindax on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:01 pm

ender516 wrote:
bedub1 wrote:

Lx

Yeah, that works, but I have to do it for every turn I take in my active games :(

Btw: there are more people with the same problem....

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Kilazul on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:12 pm

ender516 wrote:
bedub1 wrote:

Lx

Same prob. The fix works but its per map. I'm trying to come up with a reason I would want to do this only on one map.

Maybe this could be made a global option?
Lieutenant Kilazul

Postby jricart on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:51 pm

Same issue!
Lieutenant jricart

Postby JP007 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:54 pm

just downloaded the update and now I have DOUBLE on all the numbers!! ON ALL OF MY MAPS TO!!!!!!!

WHEN WILL THE FIX BE MADE?????????????????????????????
Corporal 1st Class JP007

Postby JP007 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:03 am

clicking on the map options DOES NOT WORK OR CHANGE A THING!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT JUST GETS WORSE!!!!!!!!
Corporal 1st Class JP007

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:20 am

you have to keep clicking until you get to +2 for each map you play on. it goes -1, -2, -3 et until -22 then counts down from +22, +21 etc
for what its worth i too am having this problem.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby sherkaner on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:34 am

Hmm, I was trying to prevent that behaviour. Looks like I was off a little (though it works on the 3 computers I normally use.).
Ehm, could someone install this version (just click on the link), and tell me whether they still need to offset things:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/52700
Btw, changed the map-top and map-left to be global too in the beta, and in the range -4 to 5. Should make it a bit easier to correct.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Masli on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:50 am

well, the numbers are correct now
Colonel Masli

Postby sherkaner on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:55 am

Masli wrote:well, the numbers are correct now

Ok, I put it in the new version now, thanks.

JP007 wrote:just downloaded the update and now I have DOUBLE on all the numbers!! ON ALL OF MY MAPS TO!!!!!!!

WHEN WILL THE FIX BE MADE?????????????????????????????

Now.

snufkin wrote:On peloponnesian (beta) FOW with version 4.8.1. BOB shows "last bonus" but does not count autodeploy bonus even if itĀ“s mentioned in the log?

not sure if itĀ“s a bug or if it has been mentioned before

Autodeploy bonusses were never in the last bonus, but I'm going to add that in the next version.

maineguy12000 wrote:I've noticed there is a problem with the Solar System map. The map inspect says that 'Jupiter's High Orbit' can only attack 'Jupiter's Low Orbit', which is right. However if the cursor is on 'Jupiter's High Orbit' it shows that it borders with 'Jupiter's Low Orbit' and can only attack 'Chariklo'.

Good catch, I failed to see that (it doesn't happen on most maps). Should be fixed with 4.8.2.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Forza AZ on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:06 am

Just installed 4.8.2, but the army numers now appear over the menu on the left of my screen, and as a result of that I can't click on the menu, and so also can't correct the position of the army numbers.

Edit: When I use the large map it is OK, but when I use the small map the army numbers appear at the completely wrong position.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Masli on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:20 am

that is strange, for me it looks like the problem is fixed. Forza, in which game does it happen with you ?
Colonel Masli

Postby sherkaner on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:08 am

Forza AZ wrote:Just installed 4.8.2, but the army numers now appear over the menu on the left of my screen, and as a result of that I can't click on the menu, and so also can't correct the position of the army numbers.

Edit: When I use the large map it is OK, but when I use the small map the army numbers appear at the completely wrong position.

Indeed strange. America should get active again now, so I'll wait to see whether there are more people who have this. I'm hoping for a 1-time fluke, but expecting the worst..
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Forza AZ on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:30 am

Masli wrote:that is strange, for me it looks like the problem is fixed. Forza, in which game does it happen with you ?

It happens in all my games, and now also with the large maps.

Edit: I even reinstalled Greasemonkey and BOB, but still no effect. The army number keep showing to the left top of the maps. I am back now at BOB 4.7.3. At least that works normal for me.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby ender516 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:16 am

sherkaner wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:Just installed 4.8.2, but the army numers now appear over the menu on the left of my screen, and as a result of that I can't click on the menu, and so also can't correct the position of the army numbers.

Indeed strange. America should get active again now, so I'll wait to see whether there are more people who have this. I'm hoping for a 1-time fluke, but expecting the worst..

Well, I didn't have any problems, but I thought I would experiment to see if I could help isolate the problem. When I used the Map Options to shift the numbers, they did cycle as expected (with the new short 5 pixels each way cycle). But the Reset Map Options only changed the pixel values in the menu. It did NOT move the numbers back where they belong. (Map Opacity works as it should.) I had to continue clicking to get back the pixel values back to zero. Luckily, the script did seem to remember the value it had prior to the unsuccessful reset, so I could cycle around until it read zero and end up with my numbers clean. I have not had my numbers shifted so far that they appear on the left menu.

Perhaps there is an interaction with other scripts (Clickies, Map Rank, ...): those with problems should disable the other scripts for a start.

Just for information's sake, I am using BOB 4.8.2 on Greasemonkey 0.8.20090123.1 on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.

I hope this information helps.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby riodeishere on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:45 am

how do i go back to an old version?

already got it, thnx
Captain riodeishere

Postby dacey on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:00 pm

I just updated BOB and it doesn't seem to be calculating the "last bonus" correctly for everyone. For example, in game 5648321it's telling me that godiva1998's last bonus was 6, but that was two turns ago (last turn they received 3). I've noticed it a couple other times, too. Is anyone else having this problem?
Sergeant 1st Class dacey

Postby Dako on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:22 am

When expecting map and hovering terr that can 1-way attack another I get alerts.

BOB 4.8.2

Fix:

Code: Select all
641         for (index in this._borders) {
642            countryName = this._borders[index];
643            if (typeof(aDefend[countryName])=="undefined") {
644               countriesArray[countryName].lightUp("ATTACK");
645               alert(countryName);

Line 645 has uncommented alert. Comment or delete it please. Thanks.
Colonel Dako

Postby sherkaner on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:41 am

Dako wrote:When expecting map and hovering terr that can 1-way attack another I get alerts.

BOB 4.8.2

Fix:

Code: Select all
641         for (index in this._borders) {
642            countryName = this._borders[index];
643            if (typeof(aDefend[countryName])=="undefined") {
644               countriesArray[countryName].lightUp("ATTACK");
645               alert(countryName);

Line 645 has uncommented alert. Comment or delete it please. Thanks.

Yeah, I noticed it like 2 mins after putting 4.8.2 online, and changed it after 4 mins or so... Stupid mistake. Just reinstall by clicking 'Latest Version Installed' solves it, though most people should have gotten the right version.
Colonel sherkaner

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives