Conquer Club

CC News [Issue 20: 11-11-09] - A Man in a Bowler Hat!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC News [Issue 20: 11-11-09] - A Man in a Bowler Hat!

Postby samuelc812 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:21 pm

Issue #20:

Welcome to the 20th issue of the Conquer Club Newsletter!

This week we celebrate 20 issues of the Conquer Club Newsletter! :)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all who contributed to this endeavour and have made it what it is today, i won't start naming people in case i miss someone 8-[ This newsletter has really evolved over the past 9 and a half months and is continuing to evolve, and it is all due to the dedication of the team members. Cheers! =D>

In this issue we are still taking applications for the Tournament Reporter position, so if you have a passion for tournaments and have good writing skills, then this may be for position for you :)

We also have brand new Hot Topics, Foundry News, Clan News, we have an interview with the Foundry Foreman MrBenn as well as nagerous debuting as Interview Director, and our beloved elf has another tale to tell :)

We hope you enjoy this issue!

samuelc812 - News Director

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Title: Tournament Reporter
Job Description: A tournament regular who has been involved in either organising or playing in a tournament. Who doesn't restate what the Tournament Newsletter already covers, but rather provides a different experience. Perhaps by spotlighting a tournament and doing a profile on a particularly well run tournament. As well as reporting on any new features and/or announcements that come from the tournament forum.

The overall aim of the Tournament Reporter is to better inform the community at large in order to encourge member involvment in the tournament society.

If interested in the above position, please fill out the simple form below and send it via PM to samuelc812.

Username:

Position Interested In:

What qualifies you for the position:

1. The Classic Map is being revamped after more than a year of having no official Classic Map. This thread contains all you need to know about the current revamp of Classic, which is being made by sully800. Stop by and comment on the current version and make a suggestion.

2. The Conquer Club Official Fan page for Facebook has just been released! Become a fan today and get to know the people you play! More info in this thread ;)

3. Two new maps have been released into the Beta phase, and are now available for beta play! Visit these threads for more info --> WWII Poland and Third Crusade

show: Foundry News

show: Clan News

show: Interview with MrBenn

show: A Newts Tale

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the Conquer Club Newsletter for an interview with Juan_Bottom. Post any questions you may have for Juan_Bottom here --> Interview with Juan_Bottom

New Competition Coming Soon!

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the Conquer Club Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to samuelc812 or nagerous. If the CC News Team enjoy it than you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the Conquer Club Newsletter delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscibe Here!

Conquer Club News Team

samuelc812 - News Director
nagerous - Interview Director
gimil - Advisor
Night Strike - Ask a Mod
thenobodies80 - Foundry Reporter
the.killing.44 - Foundry Reporter
jpcloet - Clan Reporter
elfish_lad - A Newt's Tale
gimil/WidowMakers - Graphics
Captain samuelc812

Re: CC News [Issue 20: 11-11-09] - A Man in a Bowler Hat!

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:28 am

Monsters! was left off the list of maps in the Main Foundry... I'm sure it's just an oversight.

viewtopic.php?f=468&t=64884

Currently the map is in limbo waiting for the foundry staff to give it a Graphics Stamp.

=D=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:35 am

I'm not sure how the foundry reporters chose the maps, but by the looks of it they chose the 9 at the top of the main foundry ;)

We will feature more maps in future issues i'm sure :)

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:16 am

Good work. Nice interview. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby RjBeals on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Nice interview MR Benn. I was unaware of the "mibi" drama, guess I'll go poking around and see what's been gonig on.
Private RjBeals

Postby mibi on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:53 pm

RjBeals wrote:Nice interview MR Benn. I was unaware of the "mibi" drama, guess I'll go poking around and see what's been gonig on.

Curiosity killed the cat. I may have to use my protected class powers to smite you.
Captain mibi

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:07 pm

teacup.storm()

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Serbia on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:44 am

First time I've read an elfish interview, and it was good!
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Return to Newsletter Issues