Conquer Club

Game Statistics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game Statistics

Postby giantrascal on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:18 pm

I think it is a great update except for in 'fog of war' games simply because of the 'armies due' tab. Other than this, the update seems amazing!!!
Great work lack :)
Sergeant 1st Class giantrascal

Postby giantrascal on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:18 pm

karelpietertje wrote:great! I'll only use BOB sporadically now!

perhaps a little adjustment could be made however; could there be a horizontal lin oe something between the players? it would make it a little clearer I think. or make every line of numbers a little bit different color, just like it is here in the forums, between different posts.

again, great update! =D>

yes i agree with this
Sergeant 1st Class giantrascal

Postby Donald Fung on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 pm

I love this. This is very beneficial for 1 on 1 games but for multiplayer games, you might not want to dominate at first lol
Sergeant 1st Class Donald Fung

Postby laddida on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:20 pm

what do i do if im not allowed to download anything or update anything on a computer in which im forced to take over 90% of my cc time at? I dont wanna be forced to only play 2 or 3 games either this doesnt bold well for me and my future here. And yes even java is not allowed on my work computer i wish though. Will i still be able to log on from there without java?
General laddida

Postby Brann2006 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:21 pm

is there a possibility to change the place to list the spoils and regions? switch places?
Major Brann2006

Postby Salubri on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Well this is gonna screw you royally in Fog of War games, so much for withholding territory information from your enemy. I suggest disable seeing your enemies' territories in fog of war, just the statistics for your own side [aka teammates if any].
Sergeant 1st Class Salubri

Postby id3o on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:23 pm

nicely done, but for me it takes a lot out of the game esp. in fog of war games, but also in the others. working out who is the biggest threat is a large part of the game, and this just takes the fun out. whole strategies will now have to change, as apparent strength will become a factor. ie how to manipultate the figures so it looks like you are weaker than you really are. and that is just a fudge strategy, not a real one.

rly rly not happy about this.
but again, it was at least done well.
Private id3o

Postby dalliance on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 pm

its nice! at first i didn't really like it because counting territories often is a strategy to employ that now anyone can use, i guess it just makes things fairer. i imagine there are going to be many more instances of ganging up on the strongest player now though.
Sergeant 1st Class dalliance

Postby sherkaner on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 pm

laddida wrote:what do i do if im not allowed to download anything or update anything on a computer in which im forced to take over 90% of my cc time at? I dont wanna be forced to only play 2 or 3 games either this doesnt bold well for me and my future here. And yes even java is not allowed on my work computer i wish though. Will i still be able to log on from there without java?

Javascript (not Java) is used on most internet pages, like gmail and a lot of other sites. There are some obscure browsers that don't have it, and some very stubborn ppl in some companies could say it's a security risk (though that was years ago). Naah, I think Lack's quite safe with this update, I'd be amazed if it doesn't work for everyone.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby karelpietertje on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:26 pm

karelpietertje wrote:great! I'll only use BOB sporadically now!

perhaps a little adjustment could be made however; could there be a horizontal lin oe something between the players? it would make it a little clearer I think. or make every line of numbers a little bit different color, just like it is here in the forums, between different posts.

again, great update! =D>

or make the stats of each player in the same color as the player. this is what BOB does.
Major karelpietertje

Postby laddida on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:30 pm

sherkaner wrote:
laddida wrote:what do i do if im not allowed to download anything or update anything on a computer in which im forced to take over 90% of my cc time at? I dont wanna be forced to only play 2 or 3 games either this doesnt bold well for me and my future here. And yes even java is not allowed on my work computer i wish though. Will i still be able to log on from there without java?

Javascript (not Java) is used on most internet pages, like gmail and a lot of other sites. There are some obscure browsers that don't have it, and some very stubborn ppl in some companies could say it's a security risk (though that was years ago). Naah, I think Lack's quite safe with this update, I'd be amazed if it doesn't work for everyone.

ill find out tomorrow for sure. But your probably right ill be fine.
General laddida

Postby The Voice on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:31 pm

Messes with BOB and Foggy games. Bad update
Major The Voice

Postby siukong on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:35 pm

This is definitely going to change things. No longer will I have to always point out when another player is expanding completely unchecked and has as many troops as all other players combined. But it will also be much more difficult to try and quietly build up my own strength unnoticed.

I'm also curious about how this will work in fog of war games. Will general reinforcements be shown but not spoils (ie like before you'll know how many territories/troops due an enemy has but not necessarily their overall strength or their continents)?

Not sure if I like some of the changes this move suggests, but overall I think game quality will go up (there should be a large drop in some common "balanced play" mistakes which basically give the game to a particular player). I just hope it doesn't swing the other way where every other game is of the "100+ rounds of each player fortifying" type.
Cadet siukong

Postby AeroMate on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:35 pm

GREAT! But this sounds like another thing to help the noobs win 8( What I see is the playing field getting more equal. The NOOBZ will join higher ranks games in hopes of winning because of the imbalance/balance. A filter should be introduced but, you have plenty to do.
Captain AeroMate

Postby id3o on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Javascript ... some very stubborn ppl in some companies could say it's a security risk (though that was years ago).

omg. this is a pretty naive statement.
if you'd like, i could point you some 'harmless' javascript.
there's plenty of examples out there waiting to pwn you.
Private id3o

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:38 pm

great update, thanks lack!

Anyone who complains about noobs winning more easily are obviously farmers and should be ashamed of continuing to exist! Just learn to play better...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Mad-elph on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:39 pm

giantrascal wrote:I think it is a great update except for in 'fog of war' games simply because of the 'armies due' tab. Other than this, the update seems amazing!!!
Great work lack :)

For those complaining about fog of war games, it has always stated before hand in the game log "received 3 troops for 4 regions" or whatever. It was always there to be seen and all you had to do was read to see if someone attacked them since their last turn to figure out how many they had. This just takes the guess work out. The info was always there, you just had to scroll a little.

Furthermore it doesn't divulge how many armies are coming. It lease it as a "?"

Lazy buggers!
Lieutenant Mad-elph

Postby Zarg78 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:45 pm

[quote="lackattack"]Game Stats

Note to users of the "BOB" community plugin: This update breaks BOB's compatibility with Conquer Club, but sherkaner (who is maintaining the script) has graciously programmed a new version (4.9.7) special for this update, so please upgrade.

Greetings,

Just updated BOB to the latest version (4.9.7) but it hasn't fixed the problem.
Is the update specific to only Windows IE or should it work on all browsers like Firefox and Safari?

It's a fair idea, but would need to think about placing it somewhere else. Below attack/reinforce action section under map, maybe?

Thanks.
Live long and prosper.
Zarg78
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
Too fucked up to care any more,
(From Somewhat Damaged by Nine Inch Nails)
Cadet Zarg78

Postby Georgije on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:46 pm

It looks really nice, but i do not like the fact that now everybody can see how many territories other people have in games with fog of war. like in one game i have been doing very well until now (i have almost half of the map), but i'm worried it's game over for me once the other players see how many territories i have.

i know it was possible to find this out by looking at the log before, but i think most people were too lazy to do that. So i'd like it if the number of territories wasn't shown in fog of war games
Colonel Georgije

Postby MyTurnToWin on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:55 pm

Great!

With my not running too well computer, I was reluctant to download Firefox, grease monkey and BOB... I figured the poor ol' thing would expire with the "overload". Now I, too, can have statistics at my fingertips.

Oh, and my monitor loves it because I no longer have to count and be constantly touching the screen with my fingertip.

Thanks for the update. And a big laugh to all the point farmers who have lost some of their edge with new and/or unsuspecting players.
Sergeant MyTurnToWin

Postby KidWhisky on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:55 pm

Oh man this is fantastic. Thanks Lack!! Now I don't have to load the log and scroll tons to find out who is first on my elimination list. =D> =D>
Baby, When You Look This Good, You Don't Have To KNOW Anything.

"You? Whats To Know? Your A Punk, A Rank Amature...Still If It's A Whoopin Your A Wantin!
Captain KidWhisky

Postby Georgije on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:56 pm

and another thing, what does "Due" mean?

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out :D
Last edited by Georgije on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Georgije

Postby kgbpizza on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Generally I like the addition.... although I noticed that in Fog games it still displays the total region count for each player. I wonder if that can be changed somehow. Otherwise happy.
Lieutenant kgbpizza

Postby Mommy2Jesse on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Nice!
The only complaint I have is the way it makes the game look on my browser, but other than that.. I'm pleased. :D
Corporal Mommy2Jesse

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:03 pm

lackattack wrote:These stats do not slow the game down. I don't see any good reason to disable them.

Personally I find them in my way and very annoying. I would love to disable them. They are just a waste of space to me. I can count on my own.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives