Conquer Club

Game Statistics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game Statistics

Postby joeaggie98 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:05 pm

I like this.
Sergeant joeaggie98

Postby TeeGee on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:07 pm

kgbpizza wrote:Generally I like the addition.... although I noticed that in Fog games it still displays the total region count for each player. I wonder if that can be changed somehow. Otherwise happy.

people who use BoB (like myself) have had access to this information for a long time.. it evens it out for all.

I could have used this update 2 days ago as I have been away and didnt have access to firefox and BoB.. Nice work Lack =D>
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby DRA333 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:10 pm

I'm afraid I have to disagree, I don't like it! This information was already out there, but previously you had to be bothered to work it out to use it to your advantage, which for me was part of the game! I saw it as my advantage that I always kept track of it by using the game log whereas others clearly didn't. Now that's been taken away and it's all alot more visual! But that's just my opinion.
Corporal 1st Class DRA333

Postby NAVYSEAL888 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:11 pm

THIS MADE ME SO HAPPY

I almost never go on the forum, but thanks CC. No more days of figuring the opponents' bonuses.
Corporal 1st Class NAVYSEAL888

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:13 pm

So no disable button. Thats a shame. I prefer to use bob. I dont like change :P
Its really in the way and annoying me
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby GenuineEarlGrey on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:15 pm

lackattack wrote:These stats do not slow the game down. I don't see any good reason to disable them.

Lack,

Could you please tell me how they possibly can't slow the game down? Every roll now has to update the BOB info on the screen.

Whether they slow the game down noticably or not is another matter. As I've already said, to your supprot, early Monday morning is not the best time to judge the server I use.

E.G.
Lieutenant GenuineEarlGrey

Re: Game Page Layout Discussion

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:19 pm

alex951 wrote:to be honest i'm willing to quit cc just because of this shit update no joke thats how bad it is

Hahaha
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Simreth on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:21 pm

I think it is really great however, I would suggest putting the "Action" bar below the stats, for those of us who are playing on bigger maps with smaller screens it is a pain to scroll up and down, it would be better and easier if we had the "action" bar below the stats.

Note: Just so we are all talking about the same thing, the action bar/display is where you your deployment, assaults and reinforcements are chosen.

Tell me what you think.
Sergeant Simreth

Postby equalpants on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:22 pm

I think the spoils column should be the leftmost. It's the most important one, especially in escalating games, so it should be the one that's least likely to require scrolling to see. The others you can get a sense of by looking at the board; spoils are the only information that you *need* to see on the side.
Major equalpants

Postby sully800 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:22 pm

This is a great update for leveling the playing field, so I'm thrilled to finally see it.

There is a large number of people in this thread screaming "Now I can't can an advantage by counting territories and calculating troops due!" Those who feel that way should be very thankful for this update, because the same stats have been available for almost 4 years through grease monkey scripts. Now, instead of doing a bunch of work to only be at a slight disadvantage you are on a level field with everyone who uses BOB, and it requires no work.

CC should strive to take away any advantages that user scripts can give (to make the site more friendly for the casual player and new recruit) and this update is an enormous stretch in the right direction. Now all we need are site-wide clickable maps, and things will be MUCH more fair and user friendly :D
Major sully800

Postby edgarhons on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:24 pm

Someone else already mentioned it, but that flashing NaNaNa clock is killing me!
Sergeant 1st Class edgarhons

Postby cpurcell on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:24 pm

I really think that there should be a way to disable it. What harm could possibly come from it? The only people who'd probably disable it was the people using BOB... I hate the updat, if people want that info, they should have to get BOB.
---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:27 pm

cpurcell wrote:I really think that there should be a way to disable it. What harm could possibly come from it? The only people who'd probably disable it was the people using BOB... I hate the updat, if people want that info, they should have to get BOB.
---C

I agree about disabling it, but others can use it. Just take it off my screen please! I do not want this info. Which is why I disabled bob ages ago. This just takes of wasted space for me.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Royal Panda on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:31 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
cpurcell wrote:I really think that there should be a way to disable it. What harm could possibly come from it? The only people who'd probably disable it was the people using BOB... I hate the updat, if people want that info, they should have to get BOB.
---C

I agree about disabling it, but others can use it. Just take it off my screen please! I do not want this info. Which is why I disabled bob ages ago. This just takes of wasted space for me.

Agreed here too. The update is great for people who want/need it but I really do NOT want it - it is extremely annoying. If it could be turned on/off that would be perfect!
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby sully800 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm just curious about how this feature is taking up space for you? It's on the far right of the screen, and does not push anything else important off the screen and does not move the position of anything else in the game. I understand if you don't want or use the stats, but it seems like the current display system is good because it doesn't prevent you from seeing anything else.

If the stats were below the map and above the game chat (like BOB) then it would push the game chat down. But how does being off the right side of the screen adversely affect you if you don't care about the stats.

---C

Not everyone uses Firefox, and even some that do cannot install software scripts like Grease Monkey. But the biggest argument against your statement is many new recruits don't even know BOB exists and they are at a disadvantage for quite some time. The game should be fully functioning from the website itself, any additional downloads should give the user no advantage because then you have an uneven playing field.
Major sully800

Postby MyTurnToWin on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:44 pm

AGREE!!! I am one of those unable to download necessary software to be able to use BOB.

Are the ones "screaming" about the change people who just have trouble with ANY change? Or ones who don't like their "advantage" being taken away?

Just wondering. :D
Sergeant MyTurnToWin

Postby alex951 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:45 pm

sully800 wrote:I'm just curious about how this feature is taking up space for you? It's on the far right of the screen, and does not push anything else important off the screen and does not move the position of anything else in the game. I understand if you don't want or use the stats, but it seems like the current display system is good because it doesn't prevent you from seeing anything else.

If the stats were below the map and above the game chat (like BOB) then it would push the game chat down. But how does being off the right side of the screen adversely affect you if you don't care about the stats.

---C

Not everyone uses Firefox, and even some that do cannot install software scripts like Grease Monkey. But the biggest argument against your statement is many new recruits don't even know BOB exists and they are at a disadvantage for quite some time. The game should be fully functioning from the website itself, any additional downloads should give the user no advantage because then you have an uneven playing field.

so why not have a disable button? kinda like the online hide button? oh and some ppl like having that wasted space. this update its like bird shit on your windshield to some ppl.

but hey i like it. i was just bitching about the green dot :D
Corporal alex951

Postby morleyjoe on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:48 pm

It needs a hide button. Also, does it make the maps smaller?
Last edited by morleyjoe on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby sully800 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:49 pm

I personally think having a disable button is fine (if it would not take long to code), but I also think it is unnecessary for the reasons enumerated above.

If coding the button would prevent lack from updating any other feature on the site, I'd much rather not have it. If it was a very simple fix then sure, I think people should be able to turn off the stats.
Major sully800

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:52 pm

sully800 wrote:I'm just curious about how this feature is taking up space for you? It's on the far right of the screen, and does not push anything else important off the screen and does not move the position of anything else in the game. I understand if you don't want or use the stats, but it seems like the current display system is good because it doesn't prevent you from seeing anything else.

---C

When you have maps on large you have to scroll to see everything... I do not like that at all.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby cpurcell on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:52 pm

---C

It does push the "spoils" all the way to the right, which means that I have to scroll to the right to see it. Yes, I know, BoB gives you card counts as well, but following your assumption that many people can't get BoB...

What's the harm in making a hide/disable button? So what if I just don't like looking at christmas colors on the right side of my map?

I just don't see why people think that a hide/disable button, which would put the choice in the hands of the individual user, is a bad idea... :-s
---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby Mr Changsha on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:57 pm

I like it and it looks great on my screen...though I have a wide monitor so that might be helping.

Also glad to be rid of BOB...the only extra information I ever required was the troop numbers and territories so I can now go back to my super-fast, unmodded internet explorer.

Woot!

Finally, I am sure this will help CC's new players compete on a more even playing field. The farmers will be weeping...

Well done Lack..best update in my time here,

Mr C
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby nazrat on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:58 pm

nazrat wrote:I like the addition. But on the "My Games" page, I liked being able to tell who's turn it was without having to enter Each game. Why did that change? Can it be put back on?

whatever it was, it is back to normal... so disregard. :D
Sergeant nazrat

Postby ljex on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Put the amount of cards where it used to be the new spot is so much more annoying to look for. Other than that love the change.
Major ljex

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:01 pm

Excellent addition that levels the playing field. Great job, lackattack! BOB is no more on my computer. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives