Conquer Club

Game Page Layout - new proposal! [First Post]

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Do you like the proposed layout?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:36 am

Total votes : 0

Re: Game Page Layout Discussion

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:47 am

Please take this seriously TeamCC, this is the worst update yet! Seriously, take it off my screen. Please. It looks horrible. Or at least make it an option. There was no need for this if people wanted this they should get BOB.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby SebasMarroquino on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:59 am

Why is it showing the total number of territories in a game with Fog of War? It should only show the territories you can see. This is giving more information that it should give...
Cadet SebasMarroquino

Postby Agent 86 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 am

Bob is far far better, the options which are color coded make it much better. Can't stand scrolling to the side to read useless information which I already have beneath the screen. I find that and you must remove the data on fog games. It should only show what you can see. Please give me a remove button!!
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Serbia on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:24 am

Really, we need an option to not display this update. At the very least the spoils need to be back by the players names.

All in all, I can't stand this update.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:13 am

JoshyBoy wrote:Please take this seriously TeamCC, this is the worst update yet! Seriously, take it off my screen. Please. It looks horrible. Or at least make it an option. There was no need for this if people wanted this they should get BOB.

Cheers, JB ;)

If people wanted this and were not using Firefox they had no option of getting BOB. The argument to "just get BOB" is not a viable one.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:34 am

Optimus Prime wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:Please take this seriously TeamCC, this is the worst update yet! Seriously, take it off my screen. Please. It looks horrible. Or at least make it an option. There was no need for this if people wanted this they should get BOB.

Cheers, JB ;)

If people wanted this and were not using Firefox they had no option of getting BOB. The argument to "just get BOB" is not a viable one.

It is. ;)

Make the horrible update optional.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby finchboy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:49 am

This needs to be turn offable via the user profile and the previous version of bob that does all this stuff already maintained as a separate entity, I think its a good thing in general especially for non-firefox users but it needs to be a bit less unwieldy and certainly optional.

F
Sergeant 1st Class finchboy

Postby Master Fenrir on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:07 am

SebasMarroquino wrote:Why is it showing the total number of territories in a game with Fog of War? It should only show the territories you can see. This is giving more information that it should give...

BOB gives you this information. It starts by counting your initial territories, and then adds and subtracts as you conquer territories and have yours conquered. This information is right there in the game log, it just saves you the time of reading through the log and doing the math.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:08 am

JoshyBoy wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

Cheers, JB ;)

It is. ;)

No, making a blanket "go get BOB" statement on anything is not a viable option. Even if it were to be made optional, saying "just go get BOB" is still not a viable option.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:09 am

I made a poll. Hopefully TeamCC will take it seriously.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=102768

Cheers, JB ;)

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 am

Optimus Prime wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

Cheers, JB ;)

It is. ;)

No, making a blanket "go get BOB" statement on anything is not a viable option. Even if it were to be made optional, saying "just go get BOB" is still not a viable option.

Ok ok, I know OP. Sorry buddy I just have strong feelings about this new update and I agree that "just go get BOB" is not viable. Making it optional would be really really good though.

Cheers, JB ;)

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Boss_oss_ss on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:47 am

Cant we make this optional? IE in game settings? Surely this will make everybody happy :)
Private 1st Class Boss_oss_ss

Postby AAFitz on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Its about time the playing field was leveled. I myself love not having to turn on Bob now though, which slows down my computer to a near standstill at times.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby luv2tri2 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:08 pm

Just move the chat somewhere where I don't have to scroll up and down. I cant stand scrolling up and down especially during speed freestyle. Put it to the right of the map......or split the log and the chat......or give us an option to choose. The positive about the new update is getting rid of BOB, which is too slow and takes too long to load. Goodbye BOB.......about time.

Since some people are having to horizontal scroll now....which really stinks....can we have an option to decrease our entire font size when playing? That would solve my problem and maybe some others who are horizontal scrolling. Maybe have smallest, small, medium, large, extra large fonts. Then I could have everything up maybe with the smallest font size........? (I don't want to change my standard Firefox options just for CC)
Captain luv2tri2

Postby Hsur on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:34 pm

I would rather scroll up and down than side to side. My mouse has a wheel and it's so easy to go up and down.
Captain Hsur

Postby Master Fenrir on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:43 pm

Something I just noticed: this is nice to have when playing the Conquerman map, which fries my BOB ever time. I definately think this should be made optional as opposed to straight up removed.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:26 pm

luv2tri2 wrote:Just move the chat somewhere where I don't have to scroll up and down. I cant stand scrolling up and down especially during speed freestyle. Put it to the right of the map......or split the log and the chat......or give us an option to choose. The positive about the new update is getting rid of BOB, which is too slow and takes too long to load. Goodbye BOB.......about time.

Since some people are having to horizontal scroll now....which really stinks....can we have an option to decrease our entire font size when playing? That would solve my problem and maybe some others who are horizontal scrolling. Maybe have smallest, small, medium, large, extra large fonts. Then I could have everything up maybe with the smallest font size........? (I don't want to change my standard Firefox options just for CC)

Command — (or) Control — will decrease your font size in any browser. It's already built in. ;)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby lgoasklucyl on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:29 pm

SebasMarroquino wrote:Why is it showing the total number of territories in a game with Fog of War? It should only show the territories you can see. This is giving more information that it should give...

This information is available by simply reading the log, it's not giving anything away.

mibi wrote:It's just slightly irratating that we in the map foundry have been limited to what width map we can make, and then Lack goes and tosses in huge width feature.

Excellent point =D>. Couldn't possibly agree more.
Sergeant 1st Class lgoasklucyl

Postby Robinette on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:56 pm

karelpietertje wrote:
Robinette wrote:The columns of info are quite irregular...

Couldn't the spaces between the columns be reduced and aligned better.
And maybe put the spoils back to the left of the Player name.
That would help clean it up quite a bit...

the spoils are a matter of getting used to... nothing bad about putting them at the end.
but yeah some structure in the table would be nice

Perhaps these 4 words could be centered over their respective numbers to make the columns more even.
Spoils Regions Troops Due
Last edited by Robinette on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Robinette

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:08 pm

lgoasklucyl wrote:
mibi wrote:It's just slightly irratating that we in the map foundry have been limited to what width map we can make, and then Lack goes and tosses in huge width feature.

On a slightly side note, in the next month or two some redesigns may help give some much needed love to the Foundry. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby NickPapagiorgio on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:59 pm

I think the stats shouldn't be on "Fog of War" games. It kind of defeats the purpose.

Yeah, you can always read through the game log and see how many countries and bonuses people are getting, but when you have a running tab right in your face, it's hard for people to make feints and bluffs, which are advantages TO fog of war games.
Sergeant 1st Class NickPapagiorgio

Postby Georgerx7di on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:16 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:

Cheers, JB ;)

If they weren't using firefox then they are not true cc users. Seriously, are there really that many users out there who "can't" use firefox. Sure, there are users who don't know what a browser is, but if they play long enough then a friend can explain that; and then how to get greasemonkey etc.

Seems ridiculous, Unless your running windows 3.11 I can't imagine not being able to run firefox. I could be wrong, not a computer expert like you guys, but a lot of us premiums just get the greasemonkey scripts that we want. We should at least have the option to turn it off.

On a separate note, I don't think that the best usages of your time Lack is to keep updating to keep up with greasemonkey scripts, the scripts will always do more in my opinion. Bob can take screenshots now, and by the time you add that, bob will be giving us win percentages on potential attacks and other stuff. I think there are more important things than keeping up with greasemonkey scripts. It would be like mcdonalds trying to offer everything that's on the menu of every other restaurant, I don't think they could do that.

Just my opinion, but the updates are starting to get annoying. A lot of things are fine on this site. For people who care about stats, they will figure out how to get them. It's part of the fun of being on a site for a long time.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:28 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
lgoasklucyl wrote:

On a slightly side note, in the next month or two some redesigns may help give some much needed love to the Foundry. ;)

--Andy

Ooooh! I wonder what this implies :idea:
Should I start widening my maps now :?: :?: :?:
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby mibi on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 pm

cairnswk wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
lgoasklucyl wrote:

--Andy

Ooooh! I wonder what this implies :idea:
Should I start widening my maps now :?: :?: :?:

You forgot to check the CC update conversion chart.

Right around the corner = 3 weeks
Coming soon = 6-8 weeks
one or two months away = 6-9 months
"we are planning" = 12-15 months
"it's on the todo list" = never
Captain mibi

Postby hecter on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:01 pm

I think the best option would be to have something in game settings that goes something like:
Game Statistics: Horizontal - Vertical - Off
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion