Conquer Club

Nuclear Spoils (and more!)

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Nuclear Spoils (and more!)

Postby lackattack on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Some community scripts are not compatible with this update but Chipv, sherkaner, Dako and cspare have been very cooperative and already updated their community scripts. Thanks guys!
The new Conquerstats is available at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/34187
You can use a BETA version of BOB for the moment http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/52700.user.js
Make sure you have latest Clickable Maps: http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/64539.user.js
For other community scripts please consult their respective forum topics in the plugins and addons forum for instructions.

Nuclear Spoils

We added a new type of spoils today - of the Nuclear kind, based on cramill's suggestion. When you cash in a group, each territory will be completely wiped out to 1 neutral... even if it belongs to you!

You'll need new strategies to deal with issues like having to recapture your zone from the inside, or minimizing the impact of a looming self-nukage. Just image the fun you can have taking out an assassin target on the opposite side of the map. Or timing your nuclear move to the second the enemy advances their big stack into the danger zone in a speed freestyle game. Conquer Club makes nukes fun! :twisted:

Game Page Layout

Based on your feedback, we've made additional changes to the game page layout. Statistics are now below the action panel by default, with less-essential information moved up above the map. Since some people have higher resolution than others, we've added the [side stats] button to move statistics to the side of the map, as it was before this update, and you can make this your default on the Game Settings page. This layout should minimize the amount of scrolling needed as you take your turns and keep the most important information closest to the map & action panel.

We've also restructured the way the game page refreshes information to transfer much less data to your browser :-)

API Expansion

The Conquer Club API is a tool for community developers to easily get game and other data into their plugins and addons. We've added the ability to search for games matching any of the criteria found in the Game Finder and new modes to get player data and expanded map data.

I hope this will be used by some of you to make cool toys for the rest of us! :geek:

Other Improvements

• There is now an RSS feed for Conquer Club headlines. This is a handy way to keep up with the many goings on around here. Click the news feed link on the Home page.
  • It can be hard to tell if you spoils are bold when you want to know which ones you own. Now spoils are [bracketed] thanks to andyr601's suggestion.
  • Team instructions have been clarified thanks to Grifter's suggestion.
  • To speed up BOB and other community scripts, the Conquer Man map xml has been updated to a more efficient one thanks to Tieryn's suggestion and the existing game logs have been adjusted to work with it.
  • Our internal maps database tool has been improved and things like filetype and image sizes have been taken out of map xmls (they can be retrieved from the API now). This will make it quicker for me to install new maps and eliminate the need to rename maps like Vancouver 2 each time the graphic is updated.
  • The FAQ on the Help page has been updated (thanks AndyDufresne).

Bug Fixes

• Manual initial troops / deferred armies bug reported by 72o.
  • Killer neutrals elimination bug reported by iancanton.
  • Error Code 500 bug reported by KoE_Sirius
  • Error codes coming from internet problems like 12007 and 12029 will no longer freeze your game. This was fixed last update, but I forgot to mention it ;)
Sergeant lackattack

Re: Nuclear Spoils (and more!)

Postby Anders2004 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Please put the game information (game type etc.) back on the bottom. It looks horrible now. Also, I love the new stats feature but can you keep it on the side by default like it was?

Thanks for your work.
Sergeant 1st Class Anders2004

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:18 pm

cool...nuclear sounds fun....
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Brann2006 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:21 pm

please change back the Game Page Layout.
This looks seriously horrible. Now I gotta roll down the hole page to see the statics and yeah, you name it.

It were MUCH better last.....
Major Brann2006

Postby Jace22 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:22 pm

nice job lack, a new gameplay style for christmas. Just what I always wanted. And great job on everything else
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22

Postby Dako on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Nuclear souns like fun. More medals coming? Yeah, I think they should be added next year.

Thanks for the awesome update!
Colonel Dako

Postby neanderpaul14 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Wait a minute. Do you get any troops for cashing, or does it just nuke the hell out of terries??
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Dako on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:25 pm

Looks like you just wipe the terrs that you are nuking in a cash. Without any troops as a bonus.
Colonel Dako

Postby zlackoff on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:25 pm

even with the ability to put the stats on the side, the new layout is pretty bad, fix or go back to old please.
Captain zlackoff

Postby lokisgal on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:27 pm

the lay out stinks I cant even see what color cards i have :x
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Peter Gibbons on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:28 pm

I'm very much aware that other people have a different opinion and that's why this was changed, but... I think the bracketing of self-owned spoils doesn't stand out at all. I've never complained about a game feature but I feel like I should here because I don't notice the bracketing one bit, whereas the bolding stood out quite clearly to me.

Isn't this a case where people can have their cake and eat it too, though? Can the self-owned spoils be bold and bracketed? That's honestly what I thought was going to happen, but having looked at my games, I see they aren't bolded. I recognize I'm naive regarding these sort of things, but it seems like an easy thing to do.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby azezzo on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:29 pm

do we have the option of not showing conquer stats, bobs version is better and i dont need more clutter

please stop fixing things that are not broken to begin with
Captain azezzo

Postby Dako on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:29 pm

One comment:

can you put newsfeed icon to the text "Headlines". Now it looks like it is a first item in the news and it is not. Rally uncomfortable to have it there.

It is a support function and should not be given a whole line to it. Also, you can strip down the text cause everyone already knows how rss icon looks and what it means. So, why not move it where it belongs - either top of the list near heading or to the bottom (but top is better).
Colonel Dako

Postby jammyjames on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:31 pm

BIG ONE...

THE BAR WITH THE SPOILS AND THE REFRESH ICONS ETC AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE DOES NOT SEEM RIGHT.. SURELY IT SHOULD BE BELOW THE MAP??

AWESOME UPDATE TURTLE MAN :D
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby Dako on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:31 pm

And one more, actually.

Brackets for owned spoil is not a good indicator. Bolding the text or changing the icon (into colored one maybe?) is a way better indication that the spoil is special to you and holds a secret.
Colonel Dako

Postby Qwert on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:34 pm

OMG-this suggestion is old 2,5 year,-what a fast development//
This mean that any new interesting sugestion will be in dark for 2.5 year.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby berniel on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 pm

you now list the players info w/spoils twice and you're taking so much space to do it.
It's redundant. I. for one, liked the previous format. Less scrolling to see all the information.
Lieutenant berniel

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm

I updated and clickies is still screwed.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby clangfield on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm

I have to agree, the bracketted thing doesn't work on its own.
It would be great to be able to specify side, top or right for each of the items (map info, spoils, statistics) individually, then we could each have it how we want.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby alster on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:39 pm

lackattack wrote:Game Page Layout...with non-essential information moved up above the map... This layout should minimize the amount of scrolling needed as you take your turns and keep the most important information closest to the map & action panel.

Good update all in all, but I think this move of "non-essential information" up above the map was a misstake. It's not non-essential to begin with, if you got premium running 100-something games, you need info on spoils, game type etc. You may also need the refresh button close by if you're checking what people do in the game log playing freestyle. The way it was structured didn't create any issues, this new outlay require scrolling. Perhaps an option putting these bars below the map (i.e. similar to the option putting the info stats to the right side of the map)?
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby Qwert on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:39 pm

and all informacion about game settings ,need to go down,where its been before.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Brann2006 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:43 pm

meh, get it back to what it were right before this update. That game layout were simply lovely! :)
Major Brann2006

Postby Qwert on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:47 pm

i think that you need to create abreviations for stats:
Spoils-S
Regions-R
Troops-T

in this way this table will not be so long,and not need to move so much left to see stats.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby brian fletcher on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:53 pm

I hate it.
How do we change it back to previous settings?
Lieutenant brian fletcher
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Brann2006 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:56 pm

and a question about this nuclear thingy....

Brann2006 wrote:so in a mather of fact this means that if you got a stack with all your troops... like 10000 troops, and you get a card on it and cash it, it still gets down to 1 grey and your simply 60 foot down under in the game?
Major Brann2006

Next

Return to Announcement Archives