Conquer Club

[Rules] Ability to Start Missed Turn Before Next Player

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby oggiss on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:31 am

Missed turns should be awarded with deferred armies but - in card games you lose one card (especially in speed games)

Or missed turns shouldn't be awarded with anything. Neither deferred armies or anything else.
Record - 3582 p rank - 6 General
Major oggiss

No

Postby MonkeyCrazy12321 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:16 am

No they should not have to miss 3 turns in a row, they should be 3 turns at any time missed in the game. Thats just stupid to lose cards!

:D :shock: :D :D :shock: :D :D :shock: :D :D :shock: :D :D :shock: :D
Signed by: Duke, William, Trojë (the sixth)
Private MonkeyCrazy12321

Re: missed turn becoming not missed turn... [Pending]

Postby Mr_Adams on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:47 pm

happy to see that this suggestion isn't seen as crap. If only it would have been put in by now. It would have saved me 2 armies in a game today :lol:
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Since this has re-emerged,

AFter a few month's consideration, I like the idea of being able to take my turn after my time has expired, BUT I also can see Wicked's point about not holding up the next player.

I don't think the suggestion that the first player's turn ends as soon as the second player comes in is good ... too much potential for abuse. (except, perhaps in freestyle)

What if the player got a somewhat limited time -- say 15 minutes, with an extra 10 if they take someone out, but NOT TO EXCEED 1 hour. (i.e. if they take out 4 people, they would only get an extra 5 minutes for the fifth --- a rarity, in any case).
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Ditocoaf on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:05 pm

No thank you. Will either make things too long (if time resets), or make things too annoying for the player whose turn it actually is.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:10 am

:roll: well then it could be made to work like a freestyle game if that's a problem. maybe it could also be a game option, so that people with no life won't be upset by the little inconveniences.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby john9blue on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:07 am

Linked to this from here, mods please don't lock this, it seems like a fantastic suggestion. I would say that if someone misses their turn, both them and the next person get a green icon. If the next person takes their turn first or misses their turn, the first person gets a red icon. If the first person takes their turn first, they get only five minutes to move (unlike the second person, who gets the full hour). If the second person starts while the first person is playing, they can move at the same time like freestyle.

Simple enough... ;)
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby pmchugh on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:20 pm

john9blue wrote:Linked to this from here, mods please don't lock this, it seems like a fantastic suggestion. I would say that if someone misses their turn, both them and the next person get a green icon. If the next person takes their turn first or misses their turn, the first person gets a red icon. If the first person takes their turn first, they get only five minutes to move (unlike the second person, who gets the full hour). If the second person starts while the first person is playing, they can move at the same time like freestyle.

Simple enough... ;)

I agreed with it all till the last line, keep anything freekstyle related out of seq. Make the other player wait 5 mins shouldn't be a problem with that. Only problem is it seems like a big job for a small fix.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby BoganGod on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Nah, shoot this idea down, 24hrs is plenty of time, if your going to miss arrange sitters or play less games. Making people wait ages deserves a penalty
Corporal BoganGod

Postby wolfpack0530 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:22 pm

if this idea was brought to fruition, it would not bother me any. I have only missed 2 turns ever, so it really wouldnt effect me much. I have so many games going that the extra wait wont bother me much either.

But there is one thing I would ask.

IF this idea gets implemented, I would ask for a new icon instead of the circle or square. Something that shows the other players that player A's 24 hours have elapsed, but he is in limbo until player B takes his/her turn or he finishes his turn. That way the other players can tell if they are waiting extra, or even be able to send a PM to player B and say that they can effectively end player A's turn if they wish.

I am sure the power hungry amoung us would love to play with the fates of others just a little bit more :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby hecter on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:33 pm

wolfpack0530 wrote:if this idea was brought to fruition, it would not bother me any. I have only missed 2 turns ever, so it really wouldnt effect me much. I have so many games going that the extra wait wont bother me much either.

But there is one thing I would ask.

IF this idea gets implemented, I would ask for a new icon instead of the circle or square. Something that shows the other players that player A's 24 hours have elapsed, but he is in limbo until player B takes his/her turn or he finishes his turn. That way the other players can tell if they are waiting extra, or even be able to send a PM to player B and say that they can effectively end player A's turn if they wish.

I am sure the power hungry amoung us would love to play with the fates of others just a little bit more :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Maybe a red circle, or the circle square (or the inverse of that). And the 5 minute thing is a pretty good idea too. If it's good enough for speed games, it's good enough if you missed your turn in a casual.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby sully800 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:03 pm

I like this suggestion a lot, especially with a 5 (or preferably 10) minute limit on the person taking their turn. That way you don't need to reset the clock and you don't delay the person whose turn it actually is if they come on at the same time.

One funny situation. Let's say Red misses a turn, but is back before Green begins. Red then eliminates Green from the game. Would this be fair? Red certainly would not have been in that situation if forced to wait till the next round, so I can see a lot of complaints from the Green player if this happens.

Overall I definitely like the thought.
Major sully800

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 pm

absolutly. this concept could be manifested more fruitfuly with some more work. this was a quick, throw it in there because i logged in about 5 minutes after my turn expired thing. not alot of thought put into it. =)

sully800 wrote:I like this suggestion a lot, especially with a 5 (or preferably 10) minute limit on the person taking their turn. That way you don't need to reset the clock and you don't delay the person whose turn it actually is if they come on at the same time.

One funny situation. Let's say Red misses a turn, but is back before Green begins. Red then eliminates Green from the game. Would this be fair? Red certainly would not have been in that situation if forced to wait till the next round, so I can see a lot of complaints from the Green player if this happens.

Overall I definitely like the thought.

So, green complains about what would have happened anyway, if red didn't have a life outside of internet games? I'd call him a pansy, and maybe foe him.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Thezzaruz on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:36 am

Fruitcake wrote:Call me a party pooper, but I think this is not a good idea.

It panders to those who cannot be bothered to do anything on time. Yes some miss their turn because they have not been able to get to the site, but many are just bone bloody idle.

This really.

IMO too few that deserves the leniency for the negatives to be imposed on the general population.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby john9blue on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Thezzaruz wrote:This really.

IMO too few that deserves the leniency for the negatives to be imposed on the general population.

...What negatives? I don't get this. The only downside for player 2 is having to wait 5 minutes for player 1, who will probably only take 1 minute anyway, and only if they log in at the same time. :roll:
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:57 am

I'd say a yellow triangle for if a player missed last turn but can still play.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:48 am

red circle would be better. signifies that the player is currently able to take his/her turn (like the green circle), however it is not currently his/her turn technically (like the red square)
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby gdbudman on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:46 am

# 1 do not miss your turn and if we do live with it as it is a game period , i do not think it is going to hurt anyone but miss player at first my problem is when they get a bonus surrounded by pards then miss turns then thats wrong when you go to his/hers other games and they have played while not in that game ](*,) :-$
Private 1st Class gdbudman

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:52 am

BoganGod wrote:Nah, shoot this idea down, 24hrs is plenty of time, if your going to miss arrange sitters or play less games. Making people wait ages deserves a penalty

Agreed.

Of course, CC could just change the time period to 26 hours and watch ppl come in at 26.5 hours and argue that they want to be able to take their turn anyway. Why not change it to 30 hours and watch the same arguments?
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:00 am

What do people have against this idea. If it was implemented you would have to wait 5 minutes tops if you were both logged in at the same time, it won't make a difference to the way the game plays. At all. At most you will wait an extra five minutes while someone plays a turn. 24 hours + before someone plays COULD be 48 hours yes, BUT it most likely will be between 24hrs and 36hrs as lots of sequential players log in once a day and play then log out. It will do no harm for you. At all.

Missing 5 minutes is not going to ruin your life.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby AAFitz on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:34 am

I resisted this idea completely at first, but now I understand it.

It does allow a little more flexibility to those who miss, but also make the game more fair, and more decided upon by actual game play.

It also, allows for players to let other players have another chance at playing a longer game. In other words, If I see that someone hasn't made their turn, I can choose to smash them, or I can keep it friendly, and give them some extra time.

It might even help stop some farming of some new players, who aren't quite used to keeping up with the 24 hour rule.

At the same time, it may actually hurt some players, because they may get used to having 26 hours, or 30 hours to play their turn, and this may cost them more games in the future.

Overall, it does make the game more fair..and really doesn't penalize anyone...it only fails to penalize players as much.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby wercool on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:18 pm

i like this idea but i would make it 10 minutes. so mods can we get this on the to do list any time soon.
The king reigns... and his son.
Jesus is the prince!!!

i never have and probably never will use a plug in/ add-on.
Cadet wercool

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:49 pm

don't agree with most here... miss a turn, miss a turn. if it is instituted must be seq only. obvious abuse could occur in free games.
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Lenience on missed turns

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned but if I miss a turn, I think as long as the person after me hasn't started yet, I should still get a chance to redeem my miss. This is probably only easily possible on sequential games. It sucks when you see a teammate miss by 5 minutes and the person after him takes another 20 hours to go.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Re: Lenience on missed turns

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:07 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:Not sure if this has ever been mentioned but if I miss a turn, I think as long as the person after me hasn't started yet, I should still get a chance to redeem my miss. This is probably only easily possible on sequential games. It sucks when you see a teammate miss by 5 minutes and the person after him takes another 20 hours to go.

While I'm sympathetic to this, it would be, in my view, much worse to watch someone miss their turn, have the next player be 20 hours into HIS turn when the first player shows up to take his turn. Then the clock starts over for the second guy. Sounds like a nightmare scenario to me, particularly if folks are routinely slow back-to-back in the same game.

In fact, given team games in particular (which the above wasn't regarding), a teammate could easily exploit this to give their teammate far excessive time. For instance, in a quad game where one player is eliminated.
Last edited by Woodruff on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions