Simple method for making perfect army circles

How to make a map. Official Handbook, Guides, Tutorials and more...

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Simple method for making perfect army circles

Postby Lone.prophet on Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:03 pm

it works but not perfect and if you can make a perfect circle in a different way why not? just trying to make your skills with the programs even better.
Captain Lone.prophet

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby natty dread on Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Lone.prophet wrote:it works but not perfect and if you can make a perfect circle in a different way why not? just trying to make your skills with the programs even better.

The thing is, that the different way doesn't work every time.

Take a look at all the different army circles in my lunar war map for example, or the shaped capital "circles" in my nordic countries map. These can't be done with simple ellipse tools with fixed width settings...

The advantage in my method is that it works every time, no matter what shape, size, colour, etc. you want to make your army circles.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Lone.prophet on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:52 pm

i took a look at them and tried them with my method, you have to take 1 or 2 extra steps but than you get a perfect pixel ratio for your goal. if you want to know how i can show you only not now too late :)
Captain Lone.prophet

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby natty dread on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Lone.prophet wrote:i took a look at them and tried them with my method, you have to take 1 or 2 extra steps but than you get a perfect pixel ratio for your goal. if you want to know how i can show you only not now too late :)

Maybe someday, but we probably use different software...

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Lone.prophet on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:24 am

photoshop cs4?
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:47 am

Lone.prophet wrote:photoshop cs4?

I use paint.net

Previous

Return to Tools & Guides