- CC has been struggling with how to deal multis. they used to come to the site, play games and get busted, but they could stil finish the games. So CC figured, it was time to kick them out of all their games immediately.
- The next problem was that of teamgames. teammates would get royally screwed if their teammate suddenly went neutral, so now, the teammate gets all armies, cards, and troops of the busted player.
- This, however, still has a way too big impact on the game, and I think I have a better solution.
- Instead of giving all territories, armies and cards to a teammate, have the teammate(s) be the one(s) playing for the busted player who got kicked out of the game.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- Games like Game 6181883, where the game was lost until my partner was kicked sadly, when I could cash two sets and win with great ease, would not happen anymore.
- The games would be more or less the same like what they would have been otherwise.
- Let the next player in the team play all the turns.
- For the appointed player it could have a separate "Playing As" page under My Games. (between "Active" and "Awaiting Players"?) Games on this page wouldn't count for the freemium game limit.
- Instead of "<busted player name>" it could just say "<busted player name><team player>"
- So it would say "Captain_Scarlet karelpietertje"
Points of discussion:
- What happens if all players are banned together?
- Should they simply lose the game?
- What happens if teamplayer B is eliminated and player A is the only surviving teamplayer but gets kicked?
- Does player B still get control of player A? This would mean he gets back in the game...
- Should the way people deadbeat be considered? Lack seems to make the rules for banning and deadbeating the same.
- Personally I think there's a difference because deadbeating happens in 3 rounds and can be calculated by both opponents and teammates, unlike a ban, which happens instantaneous.
- What to do in freestyle teamgames where you want to play the two turns simultaneously?
- There would be difference between joining the game from the Active games page and joining it from the Playing As page.
- Also there would be a 'convert to teammate' button in the game for each ( ) banned teammate when you're playing.