Conquer Club

2009 Clan Awards

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

2009 Clan Awards

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:16 am

I had posted this in the CLA, but not everybody is a member there. Here it is in public view in case anybody else wants to look.

Before I list anything please note these are all personal opinions. I will list my picks and anybody else is who is willing to can list theirs also.

Best Clan: THOTA - Taking on LoW after a much awaited match, and winning, then Destroying DBC, but nice enough to call it early to save some face. Ending the year off with a bang in an ongoing match vs TSM. Not to mention clan league Season 1 winners. Just one of those magical years for them. I suspect 2010 cannot be as good can it?

Most Improved Clan: AOC - I remember when Grim Reaper used to get lots of shit in the forums and his clan was not seen in a much better light than water's fury, well they made a few adjustments to things and now are one of the up and coming clans. Congrats to them for taking moves in the right direction. I see them moving into A clan status sometime in the future.

Best New Clan: TOFU - With the split of LoW, TOFU was formed and quickly became noticed. Adding in a few other members, they are a force to be reckon with. Opening the gates with a win over ID, and destroying D2 of the CLA league, there is nowhere to go but up for them.

Best Clan Leader: jpcloet - This guy is a machine so we can all have some fun. Setting up the CLA league, managing his clan AOD, and taking on the CLA usergroup as a whole. I have never heard an AOD member saying bad things about the clan. Must be a peachy place in there to keep so many seemingly happy.

Best Clan War: LoW vs THOTA - The pregame banter was only the beginning. Good thing we had flame wars back then or else bannings might have been handed down. This one lived up to all the build up. Coming down to the wire, with THOTA holding on the top spot. Can we get some more of this pregame banter? Bad blood is good for the clan scene sometimes.

Oddest Clan War: Order of Odin vs Imp Britain - This is the only war I know fought all on one map. Feudal, but hey they all liked it so it was cool to watch. So much for quads. :(

Best player from Free Agency: - IA and King Herpes - Dispite what some will say, Herpes going to IA just made them better than they were already. He has a pretty vast knowledge of maps and is a pretty keen player. "Sorry about you little butts", but you just got some Herpes.

Best Sig: Luckywar of TSM - Image
Need I say more? I mean look at that card table. You see IA, ID, G1, KORT, TOFU, TSM, THOTA, and LOW all enjoying some cards. What could be better? The Pink Pony?

Fallen from the top: The Regulators - What was once a top clan has come crashing down. Not sure how it happened, but it came unglued. With every clan that goes down a new one will arise.

2010 Clan: Outlaws and Highwaymen - This clan looks to have good promise and with a bit of good luck and good leadership they could be the clan to watch out for in 2010. Look forward to seeing what they can do.

RIP: All the clans gone this year - The Untouchables, Excium, Water's Fury, Sky Force, The Immortals, The Vanguard, Double Rainbow Society, Warlords of the Wort, Titans and Tyrants, Project Enigma, Lunatics, Churchill War Cabinet, 18 And Under Clan, The Dark Defenders, and maybe a few others I am forgetting. - To all these clans, some shockers and some not so shocking a last bid farewell.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Re: 2009 Clan Awards

Postby Rocketry on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:10 am

Bruceswar wrote:2010 Clan: Outlaws and Highwaymen - This clan looks to have good promise and with a bit of good luck and good leadership they could be the clan to watch out for in 2010. Look forward to seeing what they can do.

How embarrassing.

Rocket.
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby khazalid on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:56 pm

those are very good, impartial picks bruce. 2010 may be the year of the cows too, there are a lot of great new clans vying for supremacy now, so it will be a tough old year to be an A rank clan in CLA, and i don't think any one clan will be as dominant as we were in '09 because of the quality at the top of the tree now. seems like all the best players are filtering into different clans! your KH appraisal is spot on too - one of the best all rounders on the site imo, just happens to be a freestyle beast on top of it.
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby jpeter15 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:32 am

RIP DRS
Colonel jpeter15

Postby Dako on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:46 am

I think 2010 clan should be divided between O&H, KORT and TOFU. All three will be beasts in the coming year and will fight fiercely and will be feared by other. Now TSM and THOTA will not have easy times being two best clans (sorry LoW, but 2009 damaged you too much to name you near THOTA and TSM) - more and more clans will step on their heels.
Colonel Dako

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 pm

TOFU will be the greatest in not very much time at all, and...

RIP Untouchables :cry:
Cook hahaha3hahaha

Return to Clan Archives