Conquer Club

Way to Reduce Missed Turns

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Way to Reduce Missed Turns

Postby Crazy Frog on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:13 am

Pretty much Everyone gets stuck at work or has to go out of town sometime... when it happens you just know you have "missed" and possibly even "Dead Beated" on a game... But what can you do?

How about this... Give us an option.. maybe in our Control panel... to set "Vacation Settings" or "Away Settings" Then with a few clicks we could set the computer to automatically deploy our troops on a random position and then turn the game over to the next player.

This would only take effect either A) when you know you are going to be away and tell the computer to be "auto" or B) if the timer on a game goes below a player set time... say 23 hours... the computer would move so you are not holding up the game.

This would not eliminate actual deadbeats but would reduce held up games and fix the problem of being called away when you know it will be a couple of days and your in the middle of a game.
Sergeant 1st Class Crazy Frog

Re: Way to Reduce Missed Turns

Postby Dako on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:28 am

Or you can make friend in CC and share your password with him when you leave.
Colonel Dako

Postby Crazy Frog on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:59 am

You said "Or you can make friend in CC and share your password with him when you leave."

That is fine if you only have a single game or two once in a while... That is sort of "Bandaid" solution...
What I am proposing is more of a self help "Doctor and clinic..."

It works either automaticaly if the count runs down to a pre set time... and maybe stays engaged untill you log in... or is manually turned on when you forsee the need. (Without bothering other players)

Addition to this thought... ex: If you have setting for 23 hours and you are away... at 23 hours plus 1 second the computer takes over and auto places your deployment... until the first time you log in. Then you should encounter a screen with an "update note" from computer saying that it has been moving for you and give game number links so you can easily see what has happened in your absence.

Postby Dako on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Crazy Frog wrote:You said "Or you can make friend in CC and share your password with him when you leave."

That is fine if you only have a single game or two once in a while... That is sort of "Bandaid" solution...

It works either automaticaly if the count runs down to a pre set time... and maybe stays engaged untill you log in... or is manually turned on when you forsee the need. (Without bothering other players)

Addition to this thought... ex: If you have setting for 23 hours and you are away... at 23 hours plus 1 second the computer takes over and auto places your deployment... until the first time you log in. Then you should encounter a screen with an "update note" from computer saying that it has been moving for you and give game number links so you can easily see what has happened in your absence.

I have 30 games and sometimes can leave my account for other player for 5 days. And it is normal.

What you suggest will never be implemented because there already have been dozen of such suggestions in S&B forum. And all of them were rejected.
Colonel Dako

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Dako wrote:
Crazy Frog wrote:You said "Or you can make friend in CC and share your password with him when you leave."

I have 30 games and sometimes can leave my account for other player for 5 days. And it is normal.

What you suggest will never be implemented because there already have been dozen of such suggestions in S&B forum. And all of them were rejected.

More importantly it should never be created as an add-on. Because if a script is written to take turns for you then someone will eventually manipulate that script to play all turns for themselves to give them the best odds of winning a certain type of game and will ruin the scoreboards.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Crazy Frog on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Wow... to actually think that someone would do that... in place of playing the game.... I must tell you truthfully that I am in awe of the utter *@#$#@ of someone who would do that... I don't even have words for it.
On the one side I encounter people n here that are so petty as to be less than small children in spite there advanced ages... and others that would cheat for some score instead of playing the game?
I guess this place gets all kinds.

Return to Tool Archives