The votes have been counted and verified...
Without further ado, it gives me great pleasure to announce the winner of the Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010 Competition:
Congratulations to samuelc812, who designed the winning entry
All that remains for me to do now is to pass the baton on to lackattack (who hopefully won't drop it).
In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for some more Winter Olympics Fun, CC Style.
Ahoy Conquer Clubbers!
The countdown to the Winter Olympics has begun, and Vancouver is looking forward to welcoming the world to its snow-covered shores. Here at Conquer Club, we're hoping to have a little fun and do something special for the games, and the Foundry has chosen to kick off preparations with a competition to create a Winter Olympics themed version of the recently quenched Vancouver map!
With only 10 days to go until the opening ceremony, the race is on!
If you wish to take part in this medal event, then you will need to take heed of the following rules:
- The competition is for a graphical revamp only: territory names, border connections and army locations must be unchanged from the live version of the Vancouver Map. An outline of the existing map will be made available to all participants, as well as overlay images that can be used to add army circles in the correct position for the Large and Small maps.
- Each participant will be required to submit two images; a large map (800x650 pixels), and a small map (630x512 pixels). It should be noted that the small map may be created by resizing from the large.
- It is the mapmaker's responsibility to understand and comply with Foundry standards regarding image size, use of copyright-free images, etc. Maps not meeting Foundry standards and/or raising any copyright concerns may be withheld/removed from the competition. (Information about use of Olympic images/brands)
- To enter, you will be required to host your map files using Photobucket or some other file sharing program, and a link must be provided to MrBenn by 11:59pm GMT on February 10th 2010. Late submissions may not be considered for entry.
- Submissions should be Final Forge standard, and the winner will be selected by the Foundry Foreman and an anonymous panel of judges.
- Once the winner has been chosen and announced, the Vancouver 2010: Winter Olympics map will replace the Vancouver Map for the duration of the Winter Olympics, February 12-28th.
- The competition winner (and collaborator, if applicable) will be awarded an Official CC Contest Medal.
- Entrants to the competition will be understood to have agreed to the terms of the Copyright agreement: The author retains copyright on their work, and gives Conquer Club permission to use the imagery free of charge, for as long as Conquer Club sees fit on the Conquer Club website. Conquer Club cannot sell, lease, or lend the right to use the images to anyone else. The author swears that their map is their own work, or a legal derivative work and by submitting it, do hereby claim all responsibility for that being true.
The Current Vancouver Map: http://maps.conquerclub.com/Vancouver2.L.jpg
An Outline/Borders Map: http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/bpawley/cc/vancouver-outlineborder-800x650.png
Large Map Army Circles Overlay: http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/bpawley/cc/vancouver-armycircles-800x650.png
Small Map Army Circles Overlay: http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/bpawley/cc/vancouver-armycircles-630x512.png