Conquer Club

Noob Farming Medal *Rejected*

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Do you think Giving out Noob Farming Medals would make CC aBetter and Safer Community ?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:44 am

Yes
55%
No
38%
I wanna say yes but people would think I farm Noobs
8%

Total votes : 104

Noob Farming Medal *Rejected*

Postby jackin_u_up on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:04 pm

I would like to Suggest a Noob Farming Medal.
Since Everyone Farms on this site I think it would be great to recognize those who do it the Best.

Medal Distribution:
  • 3 different type of medals with designs to follow.
    ? Farmer
    Bronze 50 ? Farmed
    Silver 100 ? Farmed
    Gold 500 ? Farmed

Cook Farmer

Bronze 50 cooks Farmed
    Silver 100 cooks Farmed
    Gold 500 cooks Farmed

Cadet Farmer
    Bronze 50 cadets Farmed
    Silver 100 cadets Farmed
    Gold 500 cadets Farmed

Special Considerations:
    A special icon like the conqueror medal for whoever is the reigning King of Farming.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
    I. It will recognize those who do it Best.
    2. Identify whose games the Noobs should avoid joining.
    3. Gives all Noob farmers a warm gushy feeling inside about their callous disregard for the rules.
Last edited by jackin_u_up on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class jackin_u_up

Re: Noob Farming Medal

Postby Aalmeida17 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:24 pm

i have the special medal for sure :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cook Aalmeida17

Postby V.I. on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Seconded.

I'd recommend it be scarlet in hue, perhaps a slavering wolf poised over a bassinet, or maybe a fat sweaty man sodomizing a newborn baby. Make him look Greek, if possible.

Here are a few photos meant to inspire:

Obviously you can add the sodomized baby in lieu of the towel:

Lieutenant V.I.

Postby jackin_u_up on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:20 pm

V.I. wrote:Seconded.

I'd recommend it be scarlet in hue, perhaps a slavering wolf poised over a bassinet, or maybe a fat sweaty man sodomizing a newborn baby. Make him look Greek, if possible.

Here are a few photos meant to inspire:

Obviously you can add the sodomized boy in lieu of the towel:

Nice Medal Concepts there V.I you have inspired me to create 3 medals for farming

So for the ? farmer medal we can use fat naked man sodomizing a young boy.
The cook farmer the wolf tearing into baby and perhaps........

The cadet farmer maybe something like this
Last edited by jackin_u_up on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby MeanestBossEver on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:30 pm

I know a great picture of Ronald mcDonald that could be used, but I think a clan has already grabbed it.
Major MeanestBossEver

Postby Queen_Herpes on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Best Sug Ever.
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Easy n Dirty on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:44 am

forgive my ignorance, but here goes...what is "farming"?
Lieutenant Easy n Dirty

Postby Pedronicus on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:50 am

if there was a poll, I'd vote yes, but seeing as there isn't. I'm forced to vote yes this way.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby gannable on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:50 am

Easy n Dirty wrote:forgive my ignorance, but here goes...what is "farming"?

check out the current Conqueror's games for a perfect example.

i wholeheartedly endorse this suggestion. im just a noob at noob farming but i think id have a bronze right now. anything to move me up the ranks in the medal race.
Lieutenant gannable

Postby jackin_u_up on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Easy n Dirty wrote:forgive my ignorance, but here goes...what is "farming"?

Easy n Dirty... ur just pulling our legs ? :-s
Last edited by jackin_u_up on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jackin_u_up on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Pedronicus wrote:if there was a poll, I'd vote yes, but seeing as there isn't. I'm forced to vote yes this way.

Bro just look above you :D

Postby JustCallMeStupid on Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:33 pm

So if the medal is based off of players you eliminate that have a ? as their rank. Might take a long time to achieve and be somewhat difficult to gain. Might be a high prized medal to win actually.

In all reality I dont care if some people want to 'nood farm' most the time when I play with noobs (low ranked but no longer ?'s) I get picked on so I generally avoid them.
Major JustCallMeStupid

Postby GROND 2cd. on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm not really sure about the seriousness of this idea but I just behave now as if it would be ment serious:
If someone is playing many games which are not private it 's natural that a lot of noobs join. So after a while many players will have noob gold medall which they don't deserve. So my suggestion is:
If you play against a lower rank you get noob medal points if you win against a higher rank you loose noob medal points. Playing against a higher rank must count much more than against a lower (obviously there are more lower rank players than higher rank players to find for a game)
Major GROND 2cd.

Postby nippersean on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:48 pm

JustCallMeStupid wrote:So if the medal is based off of players you eliminate that have a ? as their rank. Might take a long time to achieve and be somewhat difficult to gain. Might be a high prized medal to win actually.

In all reality I dont care if some people want to 'nood farm' most the time when I play with noobs (low ranked but no longer ?'s) I get picked on so I generally avoid them.

you're just doing it wrong David Hoekstra is the expert go to him for tips
Brigadier nippersean

Postby Georgerx7di on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:57 pm

No.

1. I'm pretty sure that over the course of my 3,000 games I have probably beaten 50 question marks, however a quick scan of any page of my games would, I believe, tell you that I am not and have never been a farmer. Anyone with a high game count who has played a lot of public games would earn some of these medals.

2. Although I don't play many cooks and cadets, playing them is not considered farming, only question marks as far as I remember from reading the rules.

3. It's not practical for question marks. Again, I may be wrong, but I believe medals are issued using map rank or something similar. Map rank cannot, as far a I know, tell if someone was a question mark when you played them.

4. I don't farm because I don't find it satisfying, but I don't see it as being too much different to any other form of points manipulation, see my thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=104964

5. Many of the very good players that I have played in the past have left. Some of them deadbeating 20 or 30 games when they left, thus making them cooks now, but they may have been majors and colonels when they were active.

The only way to really determine is a farmer is to measure the percentage of their games that were against question marks, and I don't know of any scripts out there that do this.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Steinmeister on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:44 pm

This isn't quite the same as preying on children but let's face it, there isn't much of a challenge in it either. I wouldn't legislate it as the Noobs could be doing their own farming. A win against a Major or above can net them a big pay-off. I say let it be and let the market decide. (And I rarely ever say that but in this case).

Regards
Steiny
:mrgreen:
Major Steinmeister

Postby Gold Knight on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:53 pm

As George said, the only way this would work is by a percentage-basis, as players that have been here over the years are bound to have played plenty of games against lower ranks. Also, what about cadet, private, etc that play regularly with people of their own rank? This being said, there would also have to be a minimum point limit to be able to acheieve this, which would outcast some of these "Medal Heads"...

To be honest, this seems like a big joke to me. The points above are made in all seriousness, but there is zero possibility that Lack and other admins want to give out awards for these types of players. The best way to prevent the current farming situation is to educate the new players to the site, which SoC helps but only so much. If new players were shown what types of maps and game types are best to begin with, I think they would be able to progress faster. I know ?'s are limited to games and maps, but i think it should be extended slightly past this to prevent farming. But in contrast to the prior point, every player here has been put through the fire to get the high ranks we see today, and not all of them did it through farming methods.

There is always going to be some sort of farming no matter what efforts are taken, minus a complete tyranny over the site that would ruin the experience for everyone. Let the admins figure out a way to best limit this, and worry about playing your own game. If the scoreboard really matters that much to you, play some of those farmers and take the points back from them.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Mageplunka69 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:01 pm

i dont find it as a joke, i find it kinda risky and daring and fun..........i vote yes..ask blitz, he would want another medal
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby thrambone on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:48 pm

No more lame ass medals. Put this stat on a stats dashboard, fine. The more medals there are, the more meaningless they become.
Captain thrambone

Postby TeeGee on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:27 pm

I think JUU was trying to make these as medals you wouldn't want to receive.

I do see the merits in making these % rather than game based though.
I think it's a great idea as it would show the noobs and lower ranked players who they should avoid in playing against.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby MTIceman41 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:07 pm

thrambone wrote:No more lame ass medals. Put this stat on a stats dashboard, fine. The more medals there are, the more meaningless they become.

Agreed
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby jefjef on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 pm

The medal.

This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby das killa on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 pm

JustCallMeStupid wrote:So if the medal is based off of players you eliminate that have a ? as their rank. Might take a long time to achieve and be somewhat difficult to gain. Might be a high prized medal to win actually.

Major das killa

Postby das killa on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 pm

i feel your pain... no open singles games for me anymore...
Major das killa

Postby Kenwhite1973 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:49 am

Does it really matter everyone does it. I would say it is a must if you want to keep 40+ games going. I am sure I was farmed for the first few months before I found regular players to team with to attempt to balance out points. It is a good way to counter the poor Rolls from the dice LOL.
There is plenty of room for new medals so if they want to more power to them.
However Medals are normally won for good achievements no one ever got medals for destroying the week and defenseless. well maybe :-$
Major Kenwhite1973

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions