Conquer Club

[GP/UI] 2-player "team" games (Polymorphic)

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: 1v1 Team Games

Postby ahunda on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:35 am

@ Culs De Sac

Nobody here ever said, that this suggestion was about eliminating the luck element of a game, that is based on random drop, dice & cards.

We are only saying, that this suggested new game option would be less dependent on luck & more dependent on skill, when compared to the current 1v1 games, which are certainly among the most luck based games on the entire site.

Can we agree on that ? That certain game types & settings put more emphasis on luck than others ?

And there is no reason to take cheap shots at "the so called Elite", as nobody here claimed to be such.

@ Hopscotcher

This is a simple suggestion for a new game option. It is not meant to carry over into regular team games. It is one or the other. Either you play a team game, or you play this new game option 1v1.

Many clan & CLA members have posted in this thread, and not a single one has suggested this for clan challenges. There are a few challenges out there, that include 1v1 matches, and this new game option could be considered to be used in that regard (1v1), but I donĀ“t see them included in clan challenges otherwise.
Field Marshal ahunda

Postby Culs De Sac on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:37 am

Ahunda, as I stated..that appeared to be the prominent argument.. I used the worlds "elite" since hopscotcher used it..

I clearly stated that it is merely the addition of an Option and Only an option.

I just feel that the debate on hand is pointless..as I also stated, no matter the settings, people will ALWAYS B$tch and moan :D

I hate manual..avoid it unless manual deployment is pointless like on aor, feudal and so forth, because i want the medal, but otherwise, this option can be avoided just like any other...

its a business, Supply and Demand, and it appears that the Demand is high..

We pay for premium and hence if premiums ask for it, and its within the realm of possibility..Then it should be granted...

What happened to the "customer is always right"?
Major Culs De Sac

Postby chephren on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:49 am

Culs De Sac wrote:Ahunda, as I stated..that appeared to be the prominent argument.. I used the worlds "elite" since hopscotcher used it..

I clearly stated that it is merely the addition of an Option and Only an option.

I just feel that the debate on hand is pointless..as I also stated, no matter the settings, people will ALWAYS B$tch and moan :D

I hate manual..avoid it unless manual deployment is pointless like on aor, feudal and so forth, because i want the medal, but otherwise, this option can be avoided just like any other...

its a business, Supply and Demand, and it appears that the Demand is high..

We pay for premium and hence if premiums ask for it, and its within the realm of possibility..Then it should be granted...

What happened to the "customer is always right"?

For a "pointless" debate you've said quite a bit there matey.

Hopscotch has used a lot of words - most of them over-dramatic and knicker-twisting! "Elite" was one such example.

And it's not a pointless debate when people like the aforementioned are still misinterpreting the effect that this will have on clans and general games on the site...it will be negligible. For those people who never play 1v1's it might just encourage them to do so (like me). For those who do play 1v1's it will give them the choice.

Basically it's just a great additional option for 1v1 games, as Culs De Sac (in a roundabout way) says..... (no pun intended)

Slightly off-topic - but playing Manual on Feudal, AoR etc is also abusing the system to get a medal.
General chephren

Postby Snowgun on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:23 am

Timminz wrote:
Hopscotcher wrote:Consider what you are saying yes to:

You are saying it would be alright for one player to take more than one spot in a game.

No we aren't. This is a very specific suggestion, and the majority of supporters do not want what you are so worried about. I totally agree with you, in that I don't think there should ever be an option to allow one player to take more than one spot in a regular team game. It would wreak havoc on team games as they are (and should remain). If, for example, I could join a quads game (against four separate players), and play as all four of the other team, I would be able to put my score through the roof. Not only would I be more likely to win (due to not having to coordinate with others), but the point reward would be 4 times as high as it would be if I had 3 team mates. THAT would be an absolutely horrible option to have, but that is NOT what we want.

But, you would LOOSE 4 times the amount as well.

As long as the coding was done so this option could be turned off or picked separately from the "taking all spots on an entire team" option all these complaints are moot.

The ability to take more than one spot could lead to 2v2 quads, which would be cool.
Sergeant Snowgun

Postby FarangDemon on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:27 am

Hopscotcher wrote:Consider what you are saying yes to:

You are saying it would be alright for one player to take more than one spot in a game.

Does the minority that is against implementing this option still not understand the premise?

1) A team game will be either like original doubs, trips, quads (all unique players)
2) A team game will be 1v1 doubs, trips, quads (1 player controls all players)

Doubs 4 on 4 sounds cool, too.

Hopscotcher wrote:Once you allow this, no matter if it is for 1 v 1 or any other format, it becomes a slippery slope.

Also consider the idea that this might be used in CLA or Clan Matchups.

It is a slippery slope but it is sloping uphill because nobody wants to implement this to replace team games for CLA or Clan Matchups. So you shouldn't be worried about sliding uphill. You might be able to hopscotch up the hill, though... :lol:

Hopscotcher wrote:The idea in and of itself is simply.............. wrong. I think opening the door to this is akin to opening the door to a bloodthirsty vampire. Once he gets his toe in, he'll just keep wanting more until he sucks the life out of the site.

The cross you are clutching and the garlic on your breath won't save you, human. I'm gonna stick my toe in there, wiggle it around, and suck you silly.
Last edited by FarangDemon on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby mattattam on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:48 am

I think this is a great idea that opens up a number of possibilities. If someone doesn't like it they can simply not play this game type. There you go :D
Major mattattam

Postby dragon dor on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:20 pm

good thing it s good for multi player go out :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class dragon dor

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:11 pm

I voted Yes, I would like to see this implemented.
General Blitzaholic

Postby MEK on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:42 pm

I voted yes also, sounds like a fun option that can be used or not used just as every other game option on this excellent site.
Lieutenant MEK

1vs1 enhanced in a 4 or more player game (doubles, ......)

Postby RL_Orange on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:36 pm

I would like to be able to play teamgames, where a team consists of just 1 player. So a doubles game would for example consist of:
Team-1:
Blitzaholic (Red)
Blitzaholic (Green)

Team-2:
RL_Orange (Blue)
RL_Orange (Yellow)

Ofcouse you can extend that to triples games and quad games.

Its a great way of learning the strategy of the doubles, triples and quad games. Besides this way a 1vs1 game will have a lot more tactical and strategical impact then just luck on the dices as in 1vs1.

Dont know if it is difficult to implement, but i think the most parts are already in place.
Last edited by RL_Orange on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier RL_Orange

Re: 1vs1 enhanced in a 4 or more player game (doubles, ......)

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:38 pm

can't resist.... just like playin' with yourself, RL? :lol: :lol:
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby RL_Orange on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:40 pm

I wish i did get the change and time to play with myself
Brigadier RL_Orange

Postby ahunda on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:24 pm

Field Marshal ahunda

Postby jackal31 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 am

this is the first i've had a chance to look at it and i think it would be great but only if it were restricted to 1v1. Team games are just that....TEAM GAMES.....you have to rely on your team to do well and learn to communicate with them.
On the other hand, if you were trying to learn strategy on a new map and didnt want to lose points in the process, then a game against yourself would be beneficial.

so my vote is YES for 1v1 ......
and NO for everything else.....
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby jackal31 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:09 am

mattattam wrote:I think this is a great idea that opens up a number of possibilities. If someone doesn't like it they can simply not play this game type. There you go :D

that wont be an option though if you create a game with 4 different players and then one person joins the other team and invites him/herself for the whole team.....then team 1 just got screwed (essentially)
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby anonymus on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:46 am

i voted yes, since it would be a nice addition to other 1v1 options..
i browsed through the thread and saw some peoples objections as to it would kill teamgames, but as i understood it it would just be possible to play 1v1 quads or trips rather than 1v1 single standard.. so in that sense it would not kill teamgames..
someone also said something about points winning/loosing 4 times the points and i just ask why? if its 1v1 you would still win/loose as much as you would in a normal 1v1..
im guessing this is not a feature to be able to play 1 v 4 for example.. but simply 1v1 with 4 fractions like someone put it..
so.. as long as it is a part of 1v1 im all for it and it sounds great!

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby RL_Orange on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 pm

I am in favor of it, implement it pls
Brigadier RL_Orange

Postby jackal31 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 am

jackal31 wrote:this is the first i've had a chance to look at it and i think it would be great but only if it were restricted to 1v1. Team games are just that....TEAM GAMES.....you have to rely on your team to do well and learn to communicate with them.
On the other hand, if you were trying to learn strategy on a new map and didnt want to lose points in the process, then a game against yourself would be beneficial.

so my vote is YES for 1v1 ......
and NO for everything else.....

after reading through a little more...it is my understanding that 2 player games with fractions of play would be a great idea. However, having a fractional team versus a 4 player team would not be something I vote for.

In my quote, I was talking about playing a 1v1, 2 fraction game, against ones-self. Just playing by ones-self and trying to learn new strategies.

Hope that makes more sense
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:45 pm

mattattam wrote:that wont be an option though if you create a game with 4 different players and then one person joins the other team and invites him/herself for the whole team.....then team 1 just got screwed (essentially)

FarangDemon wrote:1) A team game will be either like original doubs, trips, quads (all unique players)
2) A team game will be 1v1 doubs, trips, quads (1 player controls all players)

It would be a separate option, not a combined one.
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby josko.ri on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:43 pm

I also voted for "yes", why dont add extra option to the site which eliminates big factor of luck in 1 vs 1 games? I agree with jackal, to make it ONLY for 1 vs 1 playing, not in any other circumstances.
Major josko.ri

Postby steve066 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:33 am

coming upon this late it is hard to add anything new
but i believe in some/ many cases (touched on by prismsaber earlier)
you have high ranks enlisting low ranked player to join in teams
with it understood that low ranked player would (naturally) follow
suggestions of top guy. in effect you have a 1 man quad team.in fact with most teams don't players largely defer
to the highest rank on team. i think its incumbent on those who fear this option will ruin teams to
be cognizant of the fact that it already exists in practice.

s
Major steve066

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:26 pm

I think the whole idea is great. I think players should even be allowed to take on a team. 1 vs 4.

If they do this then they lose points for every slot they take up or they gain points for every slot they take up. I personally would play it some that way but I wouldn't mind being on the other side of things because I would think 4 of us could come up with more ideas than that 1 person.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:I think the whole idea is great. I think players should even be allowed to take on a team. 1 vs 4.

If they do this then they lose points for every slot they take up or they gain points for every slot they take up. I personally would play it some that way but I wouldn't mind being on the other side of things because I would think 4 of us could come up with more ideas than that 1 person.

But that one person would have a large advantage, since they would move four times each round...
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby steve066 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm

but so would the quad group
where does the advantage arise?

s
Major steve066

Postby wolfpack0530 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 pm

farmers paradise. This sounds like a suggestion from a general who just cant quite make it to field marshal or conqueror and is looking for a way to sneak their way in 6-10 points at a time.

PATHETIC!!! And to the colonel before me who i am too lazy to make 2 clicks to check his name (steve066 i actually did check lol). If you think that 1 person taking all 4 turns in a quads game is the same as 4 different people taking their turns is the same, then you are just playing devil's advocate. Because comparing the 2 is assinine, stupid, noobish, ridiculous, and the thought of a asshat.

Close this thread!!!
Captain wolfpack0530

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions