Conquer Club

ROUND LIMIT OPTION in the start your own game link

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like the option offered for round limited games?

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes : 45

100 round LIMIT on no card games(MOVE TO SUGGESTIONS)

Postby steelplayin on Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:46 pm

would the mods consider implementing an option for a round limit on games such as a 100, 75, and even 50 round limit with the winner bieng declared by the who has the most armies on the board(if player still remain by this time)-this would make for exciting finishes and stop the stalemates especially in no card games-what does everyone else think?
Last edited by steelplayin on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant steelplayin

Postby steelplayin on Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:47 pm

sorry-maybe this should haver been posted under the suggestion link
Lieutenant steelplayin

Postby Nous-irons on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:04 pm

Absolutely not ... some people are fine with the equilibrium. It's an interesting study, anyway. The appropriate measure is for all the players to agree to cancel a game, not round limits.
Sergeant Nous-irons

Postby steelplayin on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:28 pm

just as an option-keyword-option
Lieutenant steelplayin

Postby AAFitz on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:56 pm

as options it would be cool...though each would be played completely differently....the only thing is is im pretty sure they dont want to add too many options to the games for fear of making it too confusing, from what ive seen, but it would be a cool option
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:58 pm

Please change the title so in brackets you say (move to suggestions)

Thankyou for your cooperation if you do so
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby steelplayin on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:07 pm

done
Lieutenant steelplayin

Postby Heimdall on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:45 pm

I would prefer an "offer draw" option when the game is down to 3 players
Lieutenant Heimdall

Postby yeti_c on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:02 pm

steelplayin wrote:just as an option-keyword-option

The problem with being an option is that at the beginning of the game you don't know how long the game will last - it could be a 7 turn wonder - or a 200 turn slog out... Or perhaps only a 25!

The option therefore would need to be turn-on-able during play - and then the players would have to choose the end point - and then no-one would agree... and it would all get too complicated!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby steelplayin on Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:55 pm

the option is would be given at "start your game" so that you can choose to start a game like 100, 75,50, or no limit-I understand not everyone would like a limit on there games or the game to be determined, so if you dont like it, you dont join it or start one.I bet many would play a limit game especially with no cards-the closer you get to the last round, the remaing players with there huge armies would have to make a move against the big man on the board as the winner would be the one with the most armies-I would like that-maybe that is just me????
Lieutenant steelplayin

ROUND LIMIT OPTION in the start your own game link

Postby steelplayin on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:05 pm

winner would be determined by usual way(last one left) or at the end of the last round -determined at the start of the game-by who has the most armies left
Lieutenant steelplayin

Postby lackattack on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:46 pm

or maybe who has the most territories. this would be useful for tournament games, no?
Sergeant lackattack

Postby alster on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:49 pm

Both ways are crap.

Why wouldn't you want finish a game properly?

To paraphrase one of the greatest films of all time - There can only be one…

No sense messing up the settings even more just because the boys in here lack the stamina to finish the fights when facing the men… :shock:
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby steelplayin on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: okay....like I said before-it would be an option (please explain why you "think" you would be less of a man for joining a game that has a limit on rounds). This option is for those that dont want the stalemate and maybe some more action and good idea for tournys for those that want the tournys to include no card games(that involve more stradegy) that wont last a half a year or more like the royal rumble matches-besides, this is a game and options are good for everyone-
Lieutenant steelplayin

Postby max is gr8 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:14 am

Steel just a q

Is this product going to be for non-premis who want shorter games?
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby maniacmath17 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:31 pm

I like the offer draw option a lot better. You can't tell which games are going to turn into a stalemate or at which turn. The best way would just be having every player agree that the game is a draw, and no points to anyone.

This would also be great if you just want to play a friendly game in which no points are exchanged. Just play until the last player is down to 1 troop and agree on a draw.
Brigadier maniacmath17

Postby steelplayin on Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:44 pm

both for non prem and prems-at least it would encourge not prems to join or start no card games-excellent point brought up-
Lieutenant steelplayin

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:57 am

Shitty Idea, goes against the purpose of the game risk. There are so many better options out there, that havent been added that this should and probably will never get done.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby maniacmath17 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:01 am

not sure why you needed to make a 2nd thread about this, but I'll just repeat what I said in the earlier one.

I like the offer draw option a lot better. You can't tell which games are going to turn into a stalemate or at which turn. The best way would just be having every player agree that the game is a draw, and no points to anyone.

This would also be great if you just want to play a friendly game in which no points are exchanged. Just play until the last player is down to 1 troop and agree on a draw.
Brigadier maniacmath17

Postby steelplayin on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:03 pm

not a bad idea either-i like both though-and this thread was only posted once but was moved
Last edited by steelplayin on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant steelplayin

Postby steelplayin on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:05 pm

okay rev-thanks for the feedback
Lieutenant steelplayin

Postby vic on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:21 am

this is awesome - so bascially the top rankers can play each other and not lose any points...

It is bad enough that I don't see any colonels at the 2200 point level and above playing any rts, open games (unless they are teamed of course); and that is fine you want to protect your points, I can understand that...

but alteast need to keep some sort of competition amongst yourselves.

the whole points system is bs IMHO, but thats a different issue...

To come back to the original idea, I think that it is awesome :), a limit will make it much more challenging!

maniacmath17 wrote:not sure why you needed to make a 2nd thread about this, but I'll just repeat what I said in the earlier one.

People teach their dogs to sit, it's a trick. I've been sitting my whole life, and a dog has never looked at me as though he thought I was tricky.
Major vic

Postby max is gr8 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:28 pm

This would be useful for tournaments because then it would be tres useful to stop a game when it's done with in tournaments
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby steelplayin on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:42 pm

nice-2 players that have played since january of last year that like the idea
Lieutenant steelplayin

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:39 pm

Nah, I think that since this is a WORLD DOMINATION game, that you should have to dominate the world to win.
Assassin games offer a different skill to win those, but other than that I prefer having to take the entire map to win.
Decent idea, I just don't see it as an option.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions