Conquer Club

[Rules] Deadbeat if Two Consecutive / Three Total Missed Tur

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[Rules] Deadbeat if Two Consecutive / Three Total Missed Tur

Postby Hatchman on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:38 am

Since I'm in a bitchy mood today, LOL, I thought I'd get something else off my chest. Do you guys think deadbeats (which I believe is the term for guys who miss multiple turns) should get kicked after two missed? Games just drag on because of these guys, and maybe they'd learn a lesson better if they were given less slack.
Major Hatchman

Postby tahitiwahini on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:58 am

This has been discussed before. A large number of people might agree with you (as I do). Others disagree saying it is sometimes unavoidable. I will accept their point that it is sometimes unavoidable, but I have trouble with the concept of punishing the other players in the game for something over which they have no control in preference to not punishing the player who missed his turn. Bad things happen, and when they do they will have negative consequences for someone. I just don't see the point of visiting those negatvie consequences on innocent bystanders. That doesn't mesh with my sense of justice.

That said, this is a far more important issue for standard members than it is for premium members. If a standard member is in a game with a deadbeat, his effective amount of playing on the site is reduced by 25% (since such players are limited to 4 games at a time) until the deadeat is elminated. Premium members can play an unlimited number of games and therefore, a deadbeat to them is more of an inconvenience, rather than a major annoyance.

Of course, an effect of the deadbeat problem is to encourage players to purchase the premium membership. I don't begrudge the owners of the site their income and I greatly appreciate the fact that they seem to be committed to allowing people to play for free. Under the circumstances it's difficult to argue that the owners of the site are being unfair because they have taken this position.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini
Private 1st Class tahitiwahini

Re: How about two strikes and you're out?

Postby Kugelblitz22 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:34 pm

hatchman wrote: How about two strikes and you're out?

Ok, That's one.
Sergeant 1st Class Kugelblitz22

Postby Molacole on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:08 pm

yeah I agree 2 strikes and you're out. If you miss 2 turns in a row (unless it's no cards) then you're not winning that game.
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby Hatchman on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Kugelblitz22 wrote:

Ok, That's one.

Your sig should say "smart ass".
Major Hatchman

Postby GrazingCattle on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:17 pm

Not this again!

*pulls out gun*

Next person who posts here gets it!

There are a million other threads about this same thing. Most are dumb, but some have good ideas. This is not a good idea thread.

Leave me alone with all your deadbeat whining!
Sergeant GrazingCattle

Postby Hatchman on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:21 pm

^ A tad hasty aren't we?

Excuse me. I'm new here, and I haven't had a chance yet to read every thread ever started.
Major Hatchman

Postby joeyjordison on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:20 pm

lol. this is a constant topic of raving. nobody likes a deadbeat although the system is about as good as it can be without a major change i think
Major joeyjordison

Postby RobinJ on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:27 pm

hatchman wrote:^ A tad hasty aren't we?

Excuse me. I'm new here, and I haven't had a chance yet to read every thread ever started.

Have you considered the search box? Please don't drag this topic back up again - the sensible thing is 3 turns and that is that. :x
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby tahitiwahini on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:48 pm

RobinJ wrote:Have you considered the search box? Please don't drag this topic back up again - the sensible thing is 3 turns and that is that. :x

Well, if that's the sensible thing, then that's it, I guess there's nothing more to be said.....

<insert silence here>

No, wait a minute, that can't be right. Does this form of argumentation ever really work for you?

Uh oh! Looks like we have a framing problem here. In RobinJ's world I'm sure what you stated is true. However, in the larger world, people are prone to discuss things even if you've already discussed them, or even if they've already been discussed before by others.

I know things are messier as a result, but you were really not forced to read this thread, were you?
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini
Private 1st Class tahitiwahini

Postby Hatchman on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:39 pm

RobinJ wrote:
hatchman wrote:^ A tad hasty aren't we?

Have you considered the search box? Please don't drag this topic back up again - the sensible thing is 3 turns and that is that. :x

Ok I see I've hit a nasty nerve. Please forgive me :oops: Man, I think I'll just lie low for at least two weeks :shock:
Major Hatchman

Postby arwebb12 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:40 pm

tahitiwahini wrote: A large number of people might agree with you (as I do). Others disagree saying it is sometimes unavoidable.

I realize that it is sometimes inevitable, and I hold no hard feelings when it happens.

However, that does not change the fact that they should be ejected from the given game. It has nothing to do with punishment or sportsmanship- it is just the efficient way to run things, in my opinion.
Corporal 1st Class arwebb12

Postby IronE.GLE on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:04 pm

Listen jackasses. My motherboard is fried on my PC so I'm stuck using the library PC once a day (1 hour time limit for over 40 games) and right now I'm on my friend's PC. So yeah, it's a REAL inconvenience for me to play my games but I'm still getting my moves in. I used game chat to tell everyone what the situation is and to apologize for slowing down the game. I told them I would try not to miss any turns because I didn't feel it was fair to deadbeat them.
With that said, if I miss two turns whether they be in a row or separated by a few turns, I feel that I should be kicked out of the game. Premium or not, games that drag on for a week or longer suck rectum. I don't want to hold up any games and I could care less if I lose some points over the deal. There are always more points to get people, and from what I've read it appears to me that the unspoken (sometimes spoken) reason that more people don't support 2 strikes and out is because they don't want to lose their precious points. Waaaahhhhh! I have 1394 points in 22 games and if I'm at 500 by the end of the week because I couldn't get to a PC, then so be it.

Suck it up people. This place needs to be run with an Iron(E) FIST to keep all the dumbasses from hanging around.

That's all I have to say on the subject. If you disagree with me, I really don't care. If you agree with me, I really don't care. Just get this slow roll fixed.
There is no luck, only preparation and execution.

Alliances are for the weak, whimpering masses looking for someone to hold their hand through the storm.
Lieutenant IronE.GLE

Postby hawkeye on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:49 pm

hatchman wrote:
Kugelblitz22 wrote:

Ok, That's one.

Your sig should say "noob ass".
Cook hawkeye

Postby Hatchman on Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:45 am

hawkeye wrote:
hatchman wrote:
Kugelblitz22 wrote:

Ok, That's one.

Your sig should say "noob ass".

See new sig. Thanks for the suggestion. The hostility and sarcasm around here are starting to rub off on me. 8)
Major Hatchman

kick deadbeats out of game after 2 turns

Postby Imastud on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:02 pm

Deadbeats drive everyone crazy. I understand there are times when missing turns is unavoidable. Sure, it's even happened to me once or twice. But should we really give people 3 opportunities before we kick them out of a game? When was the last time you played someone and they missed two turns...then suddenly showed up? And if they did, by that time isn't it extremely unfair after they get armies multiplied by 3 rds? This isn't baseball where you get three strikes before you're out. I say make it two, because anything more is either unfair or wastes everyone else's time.
Lieutenant Imastud

Missed Turns

Postby PonyGal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Missed Turns

Im getting so tired of the missed turns being used as a cheap strategy. The "miss 2 come back and win" happens far too often, and the person who misses gets an incredible advantage in every situation ive seen. These ppl are always careful to never miss the 3rd turn, and in 1-1 games the misses can mean a massive deploy that makes the person who showed up in good faith and committed to the game unfairly disadvantaged. My suggestion is: Miss 2 in a row and youre out.. miss 3 in an entire game and youre out : sure it may have been a genuine miss, but in most instances its the same ppl doing this then coming back with a vengeance to dominate the game with their 9+ deploy round 3.. its overwhelming to try and combat. The missed turns become particularly advantageous in maps with a lot of neutral territories, as the person who plays their turn breaks through neutrals and thus weakens them self so that when the person missing all their turns comes back with their extra deploys they cannot possibly recover - sure ppl miss sometimes, but too bad frankly - its a game, the ppl who turn up to play deserve to win if someones missing turns - i think its that simple, its too widely abused as a "strategy", its a nasty way to play. The missed turns could perhaps get a 1/2 deploy. Id rather the player who actually turned up for each of their turns to win the game theyre in. Anyone else find its being abused ?(and I do not mean the ppl who occasionally miss 1 in every 10 games or so.. I mean the ppl who have patterns of "miss - miss -BAM!" (eg: the guy who just missed 2 turns in prisonmax then round 3 he returns and pops a 20+ deploy in the gen pop .. game over) :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class PonyGal

Location: Best place on earth, Emmdizzles house :-) South Bay, sunny San Diego

Re: Missed Turns

Postby agentcom on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:16 am

On my todo list is to merge all the similar missed turn suggestions. I've already done the eliminate deferred troops variety. Then index the various ideas. This would fall under the heading of reduce the allowable number of missed turns.

Some variation of this has been suggested countless times before. Try searching before posting.

REJECTED.
Brigadier agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions