Conquer Club

D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:53 pm

CreepersWiener wrote: NOTE: Recruiting is open at this time for this particular campaign. If you wish to join the game, please PM me and I will see if I can get you in at this time. Otherwise, please refrain from posting in this thread unless you are on the current recruited list. Currently I have one opening for someone to play a Human Female Warlock:

Quirk
jonesthecurl
Jace22
safariguy5
slowreactor
jrl332005

Thank you

Okay, I am your Dungeon Master, and anyone that wishes to play must choose their characters.

Choose a race, class, sex, and name; and play your character to the role that you envision.

This is a very liberal game, and remember...I am the DUNGEON MASTER and my word is final!

So, let's begin:

DM wrote:The Year 5167, a thousand years after the Shadow Wars, your party meets each other at the local Tavern and Inn. The Tavern is filled with pipe weed smoke, and the floor hasn't been mopped for awhile, because your boots seem to stick a bit to the floor boards. The Tavern Tend is a pudgy, short, human with a big red nose and a large mustache that totally covers his mouth. He is busy cleaning steins, pouring ale, and taking money. The Inn Waitress is a dark haired brunette, with her bosom boosted high in a purple dress that shows plenty of cleavage. Her hair is a bit a mess from running around the Tavern Floor and occasionally getting splashed with a little ale as the customers enjoy themselves. In a far corner of the tavern, where dark shadows seem to hang, there is a group of men playing dice and gambling. On the opposite side of the tavern you notice an older man, wearing a broad black hat, and he is smoking a long, thin pipe and enjoying a stein of ale as he seem to be looking over a pair of boots he has on the table.

Okay, introduce your characters first and then put your characters name in quotes when you want to play your character, if you have questions for me, just ask them directly to me and don't put them in a quotes box.

CreepersWiener wrote: These are the current players and their respective characters in this campaign:

Quirk: Cheezus-Elven Cleric
jrl332005: Gregor Tombs-HalfOrc Fighter/Babarian
jonesthecurl: Gorlan-Human Bard/Wizard/Rogue/Spellscarred
Jace22: Maximus Burst-Genasi (firesoul) Fighter
safariguy5: Alastair Plainstrider-HalfElf Wizard
slowreactor: Firnam-Human Rogue
Last edited by CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Re: Dungeon And Dragons

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Enter:

Race: 2-dimensional

Class: Raptor

Sex: Both

Name: Orlock the Orlock

Orlock the Orlock wrote:I'm so f****** drunk! I call dibs on the f****** waitress! WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:49 am

If I thought there was any chance of this not degenerating into a story about various body parts and swear words, I'd join in. But I highly doubt it - look at other games where people attempt to tell some sort of story.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 am

Orlock the Orlock wrote:Look at mister "I'm too good for that stuff!" AH! AHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! *passes out*
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:52 am

Joney the assassin says:

Bum fart willy willy
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Enter:

Orlock the Orlock wrote:I'm so f****** drunk! I call dibs on the f****** waitress! WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ok, YOu can't be a RAPTOR, that's not a D&D class. If you want to be a race that has some type of dimensional power, may I suggest the Moon Elves (who can teleport a short distance) or the Shadar Kai (who can teleport and then turn insubstantial for a brief moment). Your sex is very unique, I would allow it--that and your name is fine--whatever an "Orlock" is. You should give us a detailed description of your character so that we can get to now shim better.

If you are looking to play a reptile like race, then I would suggest the Dragonborn. They have breath weapons.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Any game where I can't see the DM rolling the dice makes me extremely reluctant to play. 1's on a 20 sided dice would probably translate to

"You slip on a puddle of spilled beer and crack your skull in half. You have died."
Captain safariguy5

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:18 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Any game where I can't see the DM rolling the dice makes me extremely reluctant to play. 1's on a 20 sided dice would probably translate to

"You slip on a puddle of spilled beer and crack your skull in half. You have died."

Yes, we are limited on this forum, but it is for story telling mainly and to have fun. I have dice, and lots of Dungeon Master's screen their dice from the view of players and I would say that most dice rolls by DM's (especially one's that might kill a player) are fudged anyway. This is mostly for describing a story and characters as detailed as possible and make a good read.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Enter:

Ok, AoG...if you want to play a Raptor, I did a little research and there is a Race of winged elves called Avariels. Avariels can come in two types, the more peaceful Avariel will have soft features, white or silver hair and feathers; while the more warlike Raptors will have darker feathers and talons for feet.

This is a image of a Raptor, but it is a race...not a class. More than likely, this Raptors class is either a Ranger or a Rogue since he is wielding two swords (my bet he is a Ranger).

Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby slowreactor on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Are you going by 4th edition or an older one? or are we not completely bound by the official rules & make stuff up as we go along?
Colonel slowreactor

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:55 pm

I'm done. The nerdiness of this thread is too over-whelming.

Orlock the Orlock has been eliminated.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I'm done. The nerdiness of this thread is too over-whelming.

Orlock the Orlock has been eliminated.

DM wrote:As Orlock attempted to grope the waitresses breasts, he was suddenly overcome by alcohol poisoning and died. The Bartender comes out from behind the bar, and quickly dispatches Orlock to the back alley. Meanwhile, he whispers to his waitress and she quickly and quietly cleans up the heaped mess of spilled tankards and broken bottles of Drow Spiced Wine (a very rare vintage indeed...matter of fact, in most kingdoms is considered very illegal). Though the patronage has become silent during the incident, they quickly continue their conversations and merry making as if nothing had happened at all.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:29 pm

slowreactor wrote:Are you going by 4th edition or an older one? or are we not completely bound by the official rules & make stuff up as we go along?

The rules themselves are fairly lenient, I am not dictating how exactly your characters should be played. You can choose any race or class that is present in 4E or older editions if you like. I want to focus more on role play and story writing in this thread, so be as descriptive as possible to catch the reader's attention.

Basically, I will draw out a story, provide visual images as needed...all you need to do is role play your character and make choices of what your character is doing. AoG played perfect as he decided he wasn't playing anymore, and it left the opportunity for me to elaborate on that part of the story.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Quirk on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:45 pm

I'd like to join in. I have played 4th edition but most of my experience is with the original D&D. I even have some Judge's Guild stuff from the 70's.

Name: Cheezus
Class: Cleric
Race: Elf
Sex: Male
Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:32 pm

Quirk wrote:Name: Cheezus
Class: Cleric
Race: Elf

DM wrote:As Cheezus enters the Tavern, the smoke seems to waft as he opens the door and light slices in over the tavern's patrons as a thin razor over subtle, vulnerable flesh. Many patrons squint their eyes at the intruding light and see a silhouetted figure standing in the door way. Some of the rift-raft partake in grumbling, as they have found themselves quite comfortable in the shadowy ambiance of the tavern's embrace. They have just become settled again after the early commotion of a drunk patron that passed out and was literally dragged through the back door never to be seen again.

As Cheezus scans the Tavern, he does not realize that he has been standing in the doorway a bit too long. The waitress politely beckons Cheezus to come in and have a seat.

Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Sackett58 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:46 pm

Name: Gregor Tombs
Race: Half/Orc
Class: Thief/Fighter
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:17 am

OK if we're going to take it semi-seriously, I'm in.
My character walks in the door of the inn. He seems human, middle-aged, self-confident. His travelling clothes are worn, his backpack light. He strides up to the bar and demands a beer, which he quickly dispatches. He passes over a coin of the appropriate size, and asks for another. This one he sips slowly, the dust washed out of this throat. He looks around the room. Is he looking for someone in particular?

PS no way do you all get to know who and what the guy is straightaway. This is a story after all.
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby Jace22 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:29 am

Name: Maximus Burst
Race: Human
Class Fighter

Maximus enters the taven, however, he is wearing a black cloak and has his face covered. You can however notice a sword across his back that looks difficult to wield. He sits down at a table, and orders a beer and some food.
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:48 am

Fair enough, only played D&D one summer with some summer camp friends, but I remember I was

Name: Alastair Plainstrider
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Wizard

A newcomer walks into the bar. As he reaches for his money pouch on his belt, you notice a wand of magic missles nestled between various bags of holding, alchemist's stones, and potions. A faint smell of singed hair indicates his proficiency at fire spells.
Captain safariguy5

Postby slowreactor on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 am

Name: Firnam
Race: human
Class: rogue
Sex: male

While all the patrons are drinking in the bar, a small figure scrounges around in the back rooms. He's looking for something - what, we do not know, but it is of importance to him. Holding a dagger between his teeth, he picks another lock, only to be disappointed with more papers. Where could it be...
Colonel slowreactor

Postby Sackett58 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:40 am

Sackett58 wrote:Name: Gregor Tombs

Gregor looks around and studies the crowd. Clothed in studded leather, small pouch and a 2 handed sword strapped to his back. He looks at the waitress then the bar. He grins (makes a lust roll) then starts walking to the bar. Approaching the bar Gregor in his right hand rubs his lucky Unicorn tooth as he asks the bartender, "Gregor thirsty and down on his luck. You think Gregor can have grog for half price?"
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Re: Dungeon And Dragons (Recruitment Full)

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Okay, I have looked over the various player characters and have decided that 6 players should be enough for now, so I have edited the title to read Recruitment Full. There may be room for a couple more people, but we seem to have a varied group of players at the moment.

Remember to keep in character as best as possible and use lots of descriptions in the story. This should be easy for you English majors!

The following players and their characters have been recruited for this D&D based campaign and story:

1. Quirk- Cheezus, Elf, Cleric
2. sackett58-Gregor Tombs, Half-Orc, Fighter/Rogue (I assume that Fighter will be your main class and Rogue will be your multi-class?)
3. jonesthecurl- ?
4. Jace22-Maximus Burst,Genasi (Fire Soul), Fighter
5. safariguy5- Alastair Plainstrider, Half-Elf, Wizard (Half-Elf Power: Ranger proficient with bow)
6. slowreactor- Firnam, Human, Rogue

Very well, let us head back to the Dancing Goat Tavern & Inn.

DM wrote:Each of you have entered the inn and tavern for a reason, and while eating and drinking you have all managed to run in to one another. Most of you have been commenting lewdly on the very pretty serving girl...but you have witnessed that she can very well hold her own. Whenever she gets a free moment, you watch her walk over to the table with the older gentleman dressed in black and inspecting a pair of fine leather boots. Behind the bar is the bartender, a burly man...a bit pudgy, but barrel-chested and large forearms. He is busy cleaning tankards and telling unruly patrons to watch their step here in the Dancing Goat. As he is settling a small argument from some customers, he raises an eyebrow as he thinks he hears something in the back room,"Hmmm? I wonder what that noise was?" He carefully pulls out a small club from under the bar and heads to the back room to inspect.

Meanwhile, everyone in the tavern has had their weapons checked in (at least the big, nasty weapons...there are more than likely a couple of small daggers hidden in boots or sleeves).

Across the room, in a dark corner, there is a group of shadowy men playing Wizard Bones, which is the local dice game. You hear one of the men shout in excitement,"HAH! I beat you that time, boys! Time to pay up! WOOHOO!"

After the man had won an apparently large pot of money, he decides to call the waitress by first rudely whistling and then shouting,"Hey! Miss! Miss! LADY!...HEY, BAR WENCH! Why don't you set our table up with some more ale! And don't water it down this time!"

Alright, now your characters have visited with each other, and now each of you can give a brief history of how and why your character is at the Tavern and Inn and then tell me what you plan to do from the story hook I just gave you. Jonesthecurl can go last, since he is being very mysterious. Once I have gone over each of your histories and actions, we will continue on with the campaign.
Last edited by CreepersWiener on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Sackett58 wrote:
Sackett58 wrote:Name: Gregor Tombs

Gregor looks around and studies the crowd. Clothed in studded leather, small pouch and a 2 handed sword strapped to his back. He looks at the waitress then the bar. He grins (makes a lust roll) then starts walking to the bar. Approaching the bar Gregor in his right hand rubs his lucky Unicorn tooth as he asks the bartender, "Gregor thirsty and down on his luck. You think Gregor can have grog for half price?"

DM wrote:The Bartender says,"You'll have to excuse me, but you need to first check your weapon in. It is for safety purposes and nobody is allowed weapons in here. And there is no half price here...if you want half price, then you get half as much. Now, you must excuse me for the moment, I will be right back...I have to go check on something in the back room."

The bartender turns away from Gregor, and starts for the back room while holding a small club.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Okay, make sure you guys read the post above about introducing yourselves and your characters histories and stating what action you will be taking based on the story line I gave you just above.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby slowreactor on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Background:

Firnam was born under rather unfortunate circumstances. Born to a poor peasant family, his parents were killed during a raid when he was but a wee lad, and had been fending for himself ever since, getting help from anyone that pitied him. Soon enough, he learned that with his impoverished background, the best way of obtaining what he needed was by stealing it. He started to develop his skills, at first with simple pickpocketing, and evolved to encompass skills such as breaking in and spying. His short, thin figure allows him to access hard-to-reach places, and also hide very easily. Recently, he started taking odd jobs from anyone who needed to get something from anyone else.
Alignment: Unaligned.

Action:

Where could that book be! His employer, a rival of the tavern, said that there was a book with the all the tavern's records, and if he could get that book back to him, he would be paid handsomely. He was just about to pick another lock when he heard footsteps. Looking around, he quickly noticed an empty barrel with the lid half off, and he jumped in and quickly replaced the lid.
Last edited by slowreactor on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel slowreactor

Next

Return to Forum Games