Conquer Club

D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dungeon And Dragons (Recruitment Full)

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Hmm, like I said, not very familiar with D&D, but I'd like to take ranger as my second class if possible. If not possible due to me being a spellcaster, I'm not sure whether Illusionist is counts. Also, due to my ignorance, I was reading up on the website, and was wondering if monk is an option. So for my second class I'd hope to be

1. Ranger if possible.
2. Illusionist otherwise(is that even a separate class?)
3. Monk if neither the above work(New to E4??)

Background:

Tall, dark, mid to late 20's. Alignment: Lawful Good. Been through his share of questing. Notable quests involved cleaning out an old castle of its dark infestation after the passing of its old owner. Got a rather nasty surprise to find out that the next of kin happened to be a vampire who promptly attacked the party after its quest. Also, another quest (pretty sure it was a premade one) involved passing through a jungle infested with snake people (Yuan-Ti I believe they were called). Managed to ally party with forest elves who had built a base in the center of the forest. Third quest involved trying to get aid to an army seiging a castle. Encountered a 2-headed dragon and an evil dwarf paladin riding a dog that was damn near impossible to kill and rode away when he found he was outmatched. I remember having a wand of magic missles, fireball, flaming sphere, the like. Basically, I'm recounting the games I've played. Interpret what you will out of that.

I plan on going out back and rifling through the pockets of the AoG corpse to see if anything useful was in there.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Jace22 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Background:
Though he may just look like a mercenary, Maximus actually isn't from around here. Or from this plane for that matter. He is actually from Brass in the plane of fire. Being a human in Brass, he was always looked down upon, but he knew he was special. He wasn't sure why, but Maximus always seemed to have some proficiency in manipulating fire, dispite not having any magical training at all. He detests slavery, so during the night for a couple of years, he was eventually captured and forced to be a slave for life(harsh punishment). One day he found a ring and when he put it on, he was here.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Action:
Maximus is just sitting at his table drinking, not really caring about anything at the moment.
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22

Postby Sackett58 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Background:
Gregor was born in the brothels of Cortans. His mother of Orc blood worked there for men wanting a little something on the wilder side. He would clean tables at the brothel and occasionally as he grew he would listen to tales of adventure from those that came. Gregor became a somewhat big brother to the wench's that worked there. It wasn't uncommon for the women to find a little extra in their coffers as Gregor would go outside and look around the horses and wagons of the patrons.
But soon Gregor wanted to see the outside world and hooked up with a mercenary who taught him how to wield a sword. And now 8 years later Gregor found himself in a bar with little money and no work.
As the bartender slips to the backroom Gregor takes a half full mug of grog and drinks the rest. "Gregor thirsty" he replies to himself.
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby Quirk on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:54 am

The best way to describe Cheezus is to say he's a fundamentalist elf. One glance at him and anyone can tell he is devoutly religious. Adorned with prayer beads and holy symbols he appears to be an elf on a mission. His mission would be to see his race and god find their rightful place in the world. He feels there will be a drastic and violent shift in power during his lifetime. He is certain he will play an important role in this change. So he travels the land looking for adventure involving humans and other races, searching for his role in the prophecy.

He is strong for an elf and wields a rather large hammer. He routinely chants prayers and songs for guidance.

action: Cheezus enjoys a smoke and studies the tavern patrons. He pays close attention to the man with the boots.
Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Postby Sackett58 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:24 pm

Quirk wrote:The best way to describe Cheezus is to say he's a fundamentalist elf. One glance at him and anyone can tell he is devoutly religious. Adorned with prayer beads and holy symbols he appears to be an elf on a mission. His mission would be to see his race and god find their rightful place in the world. He feels there will be a drastic and violent shift in power during his lifetime. He is certain he will play an important role in this change. So he travels the land looking for adventure involving humans and other races, searching for his role in the prophecy.

He is strong for an elf and wields a rather large hammer. He routinely chants prayers and songs for guidance.

action: Cheezus enjoys a smoke and studies the tavern patrons. He pays close attention to the man with the boots.

Gregor gets an uneasy feeling from the holy man. "Gregor must keep eye on sneaky Elf", he says to himself.
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Who wants a drink? I'm new in town and I'd like to make friends!
the middle-aged guy smiles winningly and lays a few coins on the counter.
How about you
He asks the landlord and the serving girl...
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:45 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
Who wants a drink? I'm new in town and I'd like to make friends!
the middle-aged guy smiles winningly and lays a few coins on the counter.
How about you
He asks the landlord and the serving girl...

DM wrote:"Hmmpf!" scoffs the lanlord, and picks up the few coppers Gorlan placed on the bar. He gives each a quick bite with his yellowed teeth, then puts the coins in his pocket. The landlord speaks to Gorlan,"Well, well...seems we have a new friend with us tonight, eh, Sheyla?" The landlord eyes and asks the serving girl. "Why don't you quit talking to your Pops for a bit, and get this man a drink."

"Yes, Mister Urlag...I hope at least I get some of that coin yooz put ins ya's pohket,"she says mockingly with a peasant like accent, giving Gorlan an impish glare and conspiratorial smile as she glides passed to grab a tankard and fill it with ale. She sets it down in front of Gorlan and puts a hand on his shoulder and whispers,"I'll have that drink later on, I am still working." She pauses for a bit and starts to leave, and comes back a second time and firmly states,"Don'tchya be gettin' any funny ideas now. I'm more than a waitress, but I ain't no whore." She pats Gorlan on the cheek, and resumes tending to patrons.

Mister Urlag is visibly annoyed as he keeps getting interrupted while he is trying to inspect the backroom for "unwanted guests". He thinks to himself~I know I hid that book! No one would ever think of finding it there!
Last edited by CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:11 am

slowreactor wrote:Background:

Action:

Where could that book be! His employer, a rival of the tavern, said that there was a book with the all the tavern's records, and if he could get that book back to him, he would be paid handsomely. He was just about to pick another lock when he heard footsteps. Looking around, he quickly noticed an empty barrel with the lid half off, and he jumped in and quickly replaced the lid.

DM wrote:As Firnam hides from the approaching landlord, he sees five of his fellow guild members pretending to play dice (The Black Jackal's Guild...or simply known as The Black Jack) and trying to distract the landlord by acting loud and drunk. Cackle...your present guild boss (you know, the one that takes money from you and beats you from time to time) is being obnoxious to the serving girl, Sheyla, on purpose. He is trying to draw attention from you so that you can finish your mission. There is a lot of coin resting on your success, plus this is your official initiation into The Black Jack to see if you can hack it as a REAL cutpurse!

Their distraction works for the moment, and Mister Urlag is forced to shift his attention towards rowdy patrons in the bar once again.

Firnam looks at Sheyla and cannot believe how incredibly beautiful she is! The only other girl he knows to be this beautiful, is a cute red headed thief named Clapper (so named, because she would clap her hands for luck before she tried to pick a lock or disarm a trap or unbuttoning a man's trousers)...but Sheyla had a certain way of walking and presenting herself that has left Firnam basically a love sick puppy. Now, Firnam is watching Cackle be rude to her, and he feels himself becoming angry and wishes he could strangle his guild boss. ~The chance will present itself...focus on your mission~ Firnam reassures himself that the opportunity will present itself in its own perfect time when Cackle and himself will settle things once and for all.

He hopes Cackle doesn't try to push things too far...especially with Sheyla!

As, Firnam meditates on his hatred and jealousy, he happens to notice a brick in the wall that looks a little out of place.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 am

safariguy5 wrote:I plan on going out back and rifling through the pockets of the AoG corpse to see if anything useful was in there.

DM wrote:Just as Alastair begins to get up to do just that, he reminds himself that rifling through a dead strangers pockets is neither a good or a lawful thing to do, and he sits back down. Right then, he notices a small disturbance in the shadowy corner of the bar. There are five men and one is being very obnoxious and rude to the cute serving girl.

~Perhaps I should help her?~ Alastair asks himself. His Half-elven senses allows him to notice that the five men are up to no good...hopefully, they don't get any more belligerent anymore than they have to...and the drunken leader has the most annoying laugh you have ever heard!
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:48 am

Jace22 wrote:Action:
Maximus is just sitting at his table drinking, not really caring about anything at the moment.

DM wrote:As Maximus relaxes and starts to sip his Ale, his peace is disrupted by an annoying laugh. It seems that a drunken scallywag has decided to become rude to the waitress of the tavern. If it's one thing that Maximus hates, its someone treating a lady with little respect or caring. Maximus' eyes begin to burn like red hot coals and the candle flame on his table begins to flicker and becomes a little bit larger and brighter than before as the wax starts to tumble down like pouring rain. There is a faint smell of hot smoke emanating from around Maximus and a visible air disturbance can be seen coming from his head like a mirage in the desert.

"HAHAHA! You little slutty wench!" the rude man taunts "If you ain't going to bring me a drink, then perhaps you can bring me that little behind of yours?"

The man gropes the waitress and she slaps him full on and gives the man a bloody nose.

The drunk man grabs the waitress by the hair and spins her around and faster than the eye could see, pulls out a small knife and holds it to the waitresses throat.

"Now..."the drunk man licks the blood from his upper lip,"you shouldn't have done that, Pretty One. Now I'm gonna have to give you a little payback. What you think of that?"

"I think your full of shit!" the waitress spits back spitefully.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 am

Good at fighting barmaids, are you?

My name's Gorlan, sir. Perhaps you've heard of me? I'd thank you to put down the knife, and the maiden. Now.

With the last word, he growls, suddenly looking far less pleasant. He makes no move to draw a weapon, but his stance indicates that he is ready for anything.

Postby slowreactor on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:05 am

Looking at Cackle, Firnam files away one of his major weaknesses - no self-control near women - and sees it as an opportunity to get at his boss eventually.

Meanwhile, he uses his dagger to carefully pry the loose brick out of the wall, and reaches in the empty hole. What's this? A book? Could it be? no time to examine its contents now, if it's this well-hidden the it must be the book. Firnam takes the book out, replaces the brick, and quietly sneaks out the back door.
Colonel slowreactor

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:05 am

Quirk wrote:action: Cheezus enjoys a smoke and studies the tavern patrons. He pays close attention to the man with the boots.

DM wrote:As Cheezus relaxes and puffs on his pipe, he observes the man in black leather and broad rimmed black hat. The boots he has are made of some type of leather as well, but they have strange markings on them. It seems the man is studying these markings and symbols and is puffing away at his pipe, as well.

Cheezus has observed that the waitresses name is Sheyla and she is this man's daughter. She calls him Pops, but you have heard Mister Ulgar, the landlord, call him by the name Givran. Your Elven perception is keen and you have learned a little bit about the man in just the space of a half an hour. The man seems very preoccupied in his studies, but you did hear him tell his daughter that they had to leave in the morning...for something?

Now, you observe that the waitress, Sheyla, has been called to a table full of street vermin...and they aren't being very nice. No, not nice at all. ~No wonder why Elves steer away from Human civilizations!~ you think to yourself.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:13 am

Sackett58 wrote:Gregor gets an uneasy feeling from the holy man. "Gregor must keep eye on sneaky Elf", he says to himself.

DM wrote:As Gregor gets bored watching Cheezus smoke his pipe, he can't help but notice the commotion behind him. It seems an annoying man is being mean to a pretty girl. ~He not Elf, but he still annoying. Gegor HATE ANNOYING!~Gregor thinks to himself and eyeballs another unwatched tankard of half gone ale.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:31 am

jonesthecurl wrote:
Good at fighting barmaids, are you?

My name's Gorlan, sir. Perhaps you've heard of me? I'd thank you to put down the knife, and the maiden. Now.

With the last word, he growls, suddenly looking far less pleasant. He makes no move to draw a weapon, but his stance indicates that he is ready for anything.

DM wrote:As Gorlan defends the serving girl, Cackle the Cutthroat tosses the girl roughly and snaps his fingers. Immediately, all four men at the table stand up and get behind Cackle. Cackle folds his arms and stands assuredly with his shoulders leaning back and his hips jutting forward.

"Well, well, well,"Cackle repeats tauntingly. "What do we have here? A HERO? HAHAHAHA! :lol: So, you think you are good enough to fight all of us, hero?"

Gorlan looks at all the men, and most are quite a bit bigger than he is. The odds are definitely against him. His best weapon at this point is his tongue... ~At least the girl is safe and unharmed~Gorlan thinks to himself.

There are a few whispers in the room to the fame of Gorlan, and Gorlan is at least happy to hear that his over exaggerated yarns about himself have made it into a few people's heads. That is a bard's true labor after all.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Jace22 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:51 am

Can't I get some fucking peace and quiet for 5 minutes

Maximus gets up from his table and heads over to Gorlan to help out.
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:15 am

These reprobates have insulted the honour of this lady. However, I'm sure they will be willing to apologise. Would that satisfy you, my dear?

He cracks his knuckles.

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:23 am

slowreactor wrote:Looking at Cackle, Firnam files away one of his major weaknesses - no self-control near women - and sees it as an opportunity to get at his boss eventually.

Meanwhile, he uses his dagger to carefully pry the loose brick out of the wall, and reaches in the empty hole. What's this? A book? Could it be? no time to examine its contents now, if it's this well-hidden the it must be the book. Firnam takes the book out, replaces the brick, and quietly sneaks out the back door.

DM wrote:As Firnam slowly opens the backdoor, he notices a couple Town Watchmen looking over an apparent dead body. The watchmen haven't seen Firnam yet and are talking with themselves about the body in the alleyway.

"What do you make of this, Kavin? I reckon some alley-rat thief clubbed him for his last silver."

"Yep, that's what I make of it too, Bravil...and from the looks of it, it happened not too long ago. I would say that thief is probably still lurking around this area. Keep an eye out for anything fishy, Okay, Bravil?"
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby slowreactor on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:00 am

Biting his tongue on his bad luck, Firnam thinks quickly - he picks up a small rock, and throws it away from him, hoping the guards would be distracted enough for him to find an escape route, or at least a good hiding spot.
Colonel slowreactor

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:03 am

jonesthecurl wrote:
These reprobates have insulted the honour of this lady. However, I'm sure they will be willing to apologise. Would that satisfy you, my dear?

He cracks his knuckles.

DM wrote:Gorlan feels the strong tap of a larger than normal finger on the back of his shoulder, as he prepares to bluff his way out of an eminent encounter. As Gorlan turns to face the person that tapped him, he is surprised to find that he is looking into a man's chest instead of his face.

Gorlan slowly starts to look up towards the face of the stranger. The man stands a full head's height taller than himself, and his skin is a crimson brown. The man is bald, but from time to time streaks of--is that FLAME?--fire wisp from his head and gives the illusion of hair. There are lines in his skin and on his face that look similar to tattoos, but Gorlan realizes that they are not tattoos...but they are thin lines or cracks in the gentleman's skin. His skin seems to be floating like cooled lava over red hot magma...a dullish red magma-like light emanates from the lines that split his skin.

It seems the large mysterious man wants to help Gorlan in his current situation, and says,"you know you are well outnumbered and are about ready to get your arse handed to you?" Maximus says with a smile that is well hidden beneath a black piece of cloth that acts as a veil covering his face from the nose down.

Gorlan, knowing that his odds are a little better if worst comes to worst, and brandishes a sly smile as he looks back Cackle's way.

The serving girl, Sheyla, begins to scold Cackle for his apparent drunken outbursts, and that if there was a fight in the Dancing Goat, that the night watchmen would be in here and take him to jail.

"Don't bother asking HIM for an apology...he would never give one, and I would never accept one. Cackle is a low-life scum, but he knows better than to start trouble here."

"HAHAHAHA! :lol: You are a smart little tart aren't you, Sheyla? I believe our business is done here...my apologies to the Master of the Inn." Cackle bows and flips Mister Urlag a silver piece. "That's for any disturbance me and the boys have caused this evening, we were only having a bit of fun."

"Well, go have your fun elsewhere,"Mister Urlag scolds with a furled brow. He bites the silver piece to see if it is true, and then puts it in his pocket, and turns to head back to the backroom to see what the disturbance was from before.

Cackle, confident that he bought his guild initiate enough time to do what he needed to do, orders his gang of thugs to leave the inn.

"Come on, boys! Let's find us another tavern that has a sense of humor!"

As the the gang exits the tavern, Cackle walks out backwards keeping his eyes squarely on Gorlan.

"I think we'll be meeting again, Mister Hero!"he says and then gives a quick glance at Gorlan's new friend and decides to make his exit...but with one more annoying laugh: "HAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: "
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Sackett58 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:10 am

As the other patrons look on also towards the commotion Gregor makes his way towards it, taking a gulp here a gulp there from the distracted crowd from there tankards. Gregor has always had a soft spot for working girls as he walks behind Gorlan. Gregor with his 6"10" heavy frame slightly bumps into Gorlan. As Gorlan looks up at Gregors face Gregor smiles and comments, "girl reminds me of mother", as Gorlan looks at my half/orc features and grimaces.
Major Sackett58

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:13 am

slowreactor wrote:Biting his tongue on his bad luck, Firnam thinks quickly - he picks up a small rock, and throws it away from him, hoping the guards would be distracted enough for him to find an escape route, or at least a good hiding spot.

DM wrote:As the stone bounces against some refuse on the opposite side of the alley, the watchmen are distracted for a moment, allowing an opportunity for Firnam to sneak past through the shadows and out of sight.

I made stealth check rolls versus the guards perception, and Firnam was successful and is able to sneak away into the night. He will rendezvouz with Cackle and the gang at another tavern across town.
DM wrote:Hopefully this little mission will prove to the leaders of the Black Jack that he is a worthy thief and he will be offered more work with them in the future...perhaps, even becoming a guild boss like Cackle. ~God! I hate Cackle! He is one annoying mother!~Firnam thinks to himself.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:32 am

I have hear of Gregor the Honorable. It seems the reports were not exaggerated. I welcome your company, my friend.

Well, sir
(he looks straight into Cackle's eyes)
are you ready to proclaim that it was the wine that misbehaved, and not yourself?
Then mayhap we can move on to more friendly terms, and a game with the dice?

Postby slowreactor on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Should I just wait now for the rendezvous? or do I still have actions I can do? :-s
Colonel slowreactor

Postby Sackett58 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:21 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
I have hear of Gregor the Honorable. It seems the reports were not exaggerated. I welcome your company, my friend.

Well, sir
(he looks straight into Cackle's eyes)
are you ready to proclaim that it was the wine that misbehaved, and not yourself?
Then mayhap we can move on to more friendly terms, and a game with the dice?

Thinking that Gorlan is going to roll the dice Gregor hands him a small amount of coins and starts rubbing his lucky unicorn tooth.
Major Sackett58

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games