Conquer Club

Clickable Maps :: Version 4.12

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clickable Maps :: Version 3.32

Postby sherkaner on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Both bugs mentioned should be fixed now.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Beckytheblondie on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:55 pm

I can't advance any more with the update!
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby jleonnn on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:53 pm

i can. And the 'n' is all good! Dang I've just gotten used to pressing 'jump to nxt game'
Major jleonnn

Postby paullb on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 pm

With the latest version of the script, the advance still seems broken. How do I revert back to 3.31?
Sergeant paullb

Postby sherkaner on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:18 am

Becky told me it was only directly after the update that advance was broken. Paulb, do you have any other information?
Colonel sherkaner

Postby paullb on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:51 am

sherkaner wrote:Becky told me it was only directly after the update that advance was broken. Paulb, do you have any other information?

If it is of any use:
- I run winXP and firefox (up to date)
- 3.31 ran perfectly (except next game went to a blank page, though with the CC navi)
- I tried with and without BOB

For the time being could you make the 3.31 source available?
Sergeant paullb

Postby Beckytheblondie on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:14 am

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3.32 and I still have the same problem. Everything works well except for advance after assault. Hmmm....
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby sherkaner on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:11 pm

paullb wrote:
sherkaner wrote:Becky told me it was only directly after the update that advance was broken. Paulb, do you have any other information?

If it is of any use:
- 3.31 ran perfectly (except next game went to a blank page, though with the CC navi)

You can always go back: http://userscripts.org/scripts/version/ ... 67.user.js

But I'd rather find out what goes wrong for the few people it goes wrong for. If you can't advance, could you tell me what this statement returns at that moment:
document.getElementById('action').textContent.split(' to ')[1].trim()
(Firebug use would be easiest for this, but you could put it as scriplet in your location bar too:
Code: Select all
javascript:alert(document.getElementById('action').textContent.split(' to ')[1].trim())
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Beckytheblondie on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:24 pm

sherkaner wrote:
paullb wrote:

If it is of any use:

But I'd rather find out what goes wrong for the few people it goes wrong for. If you can't advance, could you tell me what this statement returns at that moment:
(Firebug use would be easiest for this, but you could put it as scriplet in your location bar too:
javascript:alert(document.getElementById('action').textContent.split(' to ')[1].trim())

This is all greek to me....how do I do this?
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby tdans on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:24 pm

i changed back to the 3.21 and it still wont let me advance??
Lieutenant tdans

Postby paullb on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:22 pm

sherkaner wrote:
paullb wrote:
If it is of any use:

Thanks for the 3.31 code, I will try it.

As for your requested debugging. I put the code (document.getElementById('action').textContent.split(' to ')[1].trim()) in as a watch in firebug when the advance does not work and the watch output was the following

TypeError: document.getElementById("action").textContent.split(" to ")[1].trim is not a function

You're dealing with a javascript developer here so I would be happy to try other stuff for you too.
Sergeant paullb

Postby paullb on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 pm

I do have a quick feature request as well : I would like to be able to trigger the "later" button for caching in cards from the keyboard. Is that doable?
Sergeant paullb

Postby sherkaner on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:18 am

paullb wrote:
sherkaner wrote:
paullb wrote:
If it is of any use:

Thanks for the 3.31 code, I will try it.

As for your requested debugging. I put the code (document.getElementById('action').textContent.split(' to ')[1].trim()) in as a watch in firebug when the advance does not work and the watch output was the following

TypeError: document.getElementById("action").textContent.split(" to ")[1].trim is not a function

You're dealing with a javascript developer here so I would be happy to try other stuff for you too.

Yeah, I figured that out yesterday, with the help of Becky. The current version should work again, but I'm waiting a day to increase the version number. That is just to check whether any side effects occur.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby paullb on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 am

Just wanted to let you know that everything works perfectly now. Thanks for the update!
Sergeant paullb

Re: Clickable Maps :: Version 3.31

Postby AAFitz on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 pm

GloverParkDude wrote:
madcowman19 wrote:I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but every time I conquer a country and move forces into it the screen jumps down to the controlled countries drop down list. It just takes away from the awesomeness of clickable maps having to scroll up each time. Is there anyway to maybe change some settings and fix this?

Thanks so much

I am having the same problem. Would love an answer in forum.

im not positive, but i think the heads up display or something, or the floating menu takes care of this...

unless perhaps you are using bob, which at one time, made that problematic.

I dont know for sure...im only posting in case time is an issue...its worth trying
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby michio3483 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:39 pm

I used to be able to use clickable maps and BOB, but am unable to do so now. I've installed the latest Mozilla. Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest scripts for BOB and clickable maps. However, the website does not work correctly with these features turned on.

After logging in, the left hand menu with the game menus (where you login in) disappear and so you cannot access "my games."

If you un-login and turn off BOB and clickable maps, then you can access your games. however, you must press refresh after every move you make.

The only way to make the website work is to use explorer and take turns the old fashion way.

Anyone got a solution?
Colonel michio3483

Postby Dinos79890 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:16 pm

What about using the "e" key to End Deployment on no Manual Deploy maps like City Mogul, Jamaica, things like that?
2508/Colonel (lol, last hiscore was 2507)
My Premium was recently taken away due to a false accusation of me and 3 friends multi since we play on the same computer at school. I am unable to continue tournaments/other obligations.
Sergeant 1st Class Dinos79890

Postby MartijnF on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:43 am

Will this work with GreaseKit in Safari on OS X?
Cadet MartijnF

Postby sherkaner on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:25 am

No. I'm working on a version that works in Chrome, maybe that should be able to work with Safari too though I haven't tested that. Most things work now (I have to check a few features, and assault confirmation doesn't work), you're free to try this version:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/72599.user.js

I think this will be the normal CM-version next week.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby MartijnF on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks! This version sort of works. I see things flashing on the map, but there doesn't seem to happen anything when I click on the map though.
Cadet MartijnF

Postby Crankyor on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:55 am

HI :),
thanks for the great programm.
But i got a problem. I followed the instructions, but when i join a game it says "parsing XML" and i cant do anything. pls help :)
thx
Major Crankyor

Postby Dako on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:59 am

Crankyor wrote:HI :),
thanks for the great programm.
But i got a problem. I followed the instructions, but when i join a game it says "parsing XML" and i cant do anything. pls help :)
thx

That is the other plugin's area - BOB.

Try to reinstall it - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/52341
Colonel Dako

Postby sherkaner on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Userscripts.org is down, and I'm slightly worried it's because of the update-mechanism I used for both BOB as CM..
So if everyone using Clickable maps could install the version below, maybe that would improve things a bit...
(tech: the last version checked every minute whether an update was necessary, and more often when the response didn't get back. This version checks every hour, and doesn't check again if the response wasn't ok. Btw, it's the version that works on chrome, since that's the only one I have available right now).

conquerclub_-_clickable_.user.js
Colonel sherkaner

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi Shernaker,

I have recently installed the new version of CM. It seems that the CM script is taking around 1 second to register each move that I do and sometimes has some problems accepting commands when I click on the map. Any idea what the problem could be?
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby sherkaner on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:59 am

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Hi Shernaker,

I have recently installed the new version of CM. It seems that the CM script is taking around 1 second to register each move that I do and sometimes has some problems accepting commands when I click on the map. Any idea what the problem could be?

Yeah, you're right, I was a bit too drastic. Updated the link so it points to a new file, this one should work (but then again, looks like only 8 ppl tried the last version, not that much).

Looks like userscripts will at least be down for another day. And I doubt it was CM or BOB after all. But I'll update the scripts after it's back up anyway.
Colonel sherkaner

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives