Conquer Club

[Site]Increase the 50 Pending Game Limit

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[Site]Increase the 50 Pending Game Limit

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 am

Don't know If the number of players is down, but before I left I could pick up as many games as I wanted by starting my own matches.

I cant get much above 100 games now :S I use to be able to have 150-180 easy. The Pending game limit really is holding me back a little here.

I keep 50 pending games at ALL times now, and its hard to just stay at 100 active games.

either
1) I stink and ppl dont want to be in the room with me
2) I suck worse, and lose faster.
3) Not as much playing going on as there was 6 months ago.

thanx
Last edited by spiesr on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Site] tag for index
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Re: Increase the 50 Pending game limit.

Postby ManBungalow on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:30 pm

To the best of my knowledge the 50 game ceiling exists to limit the damage of point dumping. I think separate restrictions for awaiting speed games and casual games should apply as most intentional (and unintentional) point dumping seems to be by Doodle speed.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Woodruff on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:39 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:Don't know If the number of players is down, but before I left I could pick up as many games as I wanted by starting my own matches.
I cant get much above 100 games now :S I use to be able to have 150-180 easy. The Pending game limit really is holding me back a little here.
I keep 50 pending games at ALL times now, and its hard to just stay at 100 active games.
either
thanx

I don't have a particular opinion on the game-limit, however...if the 50 games you have sitting in PENDING aren't being joined enough for you to play, wouldn't have a larger pending game-limit only increase the number of games you have sitting in PENDING without actually increasing your active games? I guess what I'm saying is...if they're not joining the 50, why would they be joining the 75?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:24 pm

Woodruff wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:Don't know If the number of players is down, but before I left I could pick up as many games as I wanted by starting my own matches.
either
thanx

I don't have a particular opinion on the game-limit, however...if the 50 games you have sitting in PENDING aren't being joined enough for you to play, wouldn't have a larger pending game-limit only increase the number of games you have sitting in PENDING without actually increasing your active games? I guess what I'm saying is...if they're not joining the 50, why would they be joining the 75?

2 reasons:

1) you have a larger variety of games starting to get started.
2) This one you have to think about a little... If you are losing a game (it ends) at a pre-defined rate - say 2 games every 3 hours. And this rate has a multiplier (as it does) it accelerates or increases as you have more games. NOW when I hit 100 games, this rate has now equaled a very important rate im trying to get increased, it is the rate of games that are starting. Games are starting about 3 games every 3 hours (for me). This second rate can INCREASE if I was able to have more pending games... Then I would be able to gain more games than lose them.
Maps Maps Maps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Woodruff on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
either
thanx

2 reasons:

1) you have a larger variety of games starting to get started.
2) This one you have to think about a little... If you are losing a game (it ends) at a pre-defined rate - say 2 games every 3 hours. And this rate has a multiplier (as it does) it accelerates or increases as you have more games. NOW when I hit 100 games, this rate has now equaled a very important rate im trying to get increased, it is the rate of games that are starting. Games are starting about 3 games every 3 hours (for me). This second rate can INCREASE if I was able to have more pending games... Then I would be able to gain more games than lose them.

Good explanation - that makes sense.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:58 pm

still cannot get up to the 150 active area...

:S
:S
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby max is gr8 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:21 am

play no cards instead of escalating
play adjacent instead of chained
play world 2.1 instead of luxembourg

It will increase your game numbers just not for the ones you want. :P
ā€¹max is gr8ā€ŗ so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
ā€¹New_rulesā€ŗ Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby jefjef on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Why increase it? If you can't fill 50 how are you gonna fill more?

If the games you have pending aren't being joined drop them and create diff ones.

You could also JOIN someone else's if you really want more active games.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:22 pm

If you did this HA may have over 2000 games active :lol:
General Blitzaholic

Postby AAFitz on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:29 pm

I have a lot to say about this.

Read JRs post about the same thing. :D

In short...50 is more than any other site anywhere...and way more than enough.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Queen_Herpes on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Good Idea Army....
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Masli on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:59 pm

lol, looks like you did wel army of nobunaga, 849 games ongoing for you atm
Colonel Masli

Postby army of nobunaga on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:39 pm

switched to 1vs1's to beat the all time active record.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Timur the Lame on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:33 pm

I may be the only one, but I think the game spamming is horribly annoying. If I want to join a game I have to wade through all the D-bags (not an insujlt directed at anyone so dont take it personally) who have all 50 games open. I hit the join game option and all i see is the Circus map, doodle earth and the city whatever. Christ people vary up your games and maps and stop grinding for rank. [I know IM a low rank..I just joined and Im trying ALL the maps and options not just the ones i was successful at).

Yes I know there is a game finder function but it takes me an irritating amount of time to click all the options and unclick all the maps that people constantly use.

In any case, you might as well take the "join a game" option off the side-bar if this option goes through. Theres already an impossible number of games to wade through as it is.
Sergeant Timur the Lame

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:33 am

no you are wrong, pending games work for games started AND games you join. Im a game joiner more than a starter. And im telling you (Iguess you have not tryed) It is IMPOSSIBLE to be in more than 100-120 multi-player rooms atm.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:04 pm

erg down to 77 games!!!! Dont think im going to renew if this doesnt change when its up. I just as soon have 4 games as 77. I dont think paying customers should have to play 1vs1's in order to have 100+ games going.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:47 am

I can get almost 40 games going with only 5 or 6 in my waiting games at a time.. I dont know what your problem is. If I started 50 games over and over again, I could probably reach 3-400 before my active game count slowed down... What kind of games are you playing?
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby jefjef on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:53 am

army of nobunaga wrote:erg down to 77 games!!!! Dont think im going to renew if this doesnt change when its up. I just as soon have 4 games as 77. I dont think paying customers should have to play 1vs1's in order to have 100+ games going.

I just searched public dubs waiting for players. 382 on 4 pages.

5 player standard - 147 games.

You want 100 games going and can't get em? ok.

50 pending game limit is more than enough.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:05 pm

maybe I should say I want over 100 singles games that are not 1vs1.

and have at least a few settings I like

The thing is, back last summer, I could have as many games with as many different setings as I wanted. And now either there are not as many people or people are not playing as many games, I dunno but something.

To me the 50 game pending cap serves no purpose. This CC communtity is the most tell tale rat out atmosphere ive seen. Thee is no way someone is going to be able to cheat more with 75 pending games over 50 pending games.

50 is just a limit that:
1) makes no sense
2) easy to change
3) doesnt cater to the people that pay the server/admin bills (paying customers)

Instead of all the people on this thread telling me what kind of games I SHOULD join, why cannot anyone give me a reason there is a 50 pending cap in the first place?
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:10 pm

jefjef wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:erg down to 77 games!!!! Dont think im going to renew if this doesnt change when its up. I just as soon have 4 games as 77. I dont think paying customers should have to play 1vs1's in order to have 100+ games going.

I just searched public dubs waiting for players. 382 on 4 pages.

5 player standard - 147 games.

You want 100 games going and can't get em? ok.

50 pending game limit is more than enough.

I just searched your settings buddy.... How in the hell does me joining a 5 player match with 2 ppl signed up make more games happen??? ! :S
Its the waiting for a room to fill up time that is the problem.

Lets try this.... Offer real solutions to real problems or explain how a suggestion isnt needed. Or gtfo
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:13 pm

let me add on to that, because your post really pisses me off ....

I just did that magic 5 game search again....

I was ABLE TO JOIN ONE FUCKING GAME out of 145 that needed one player. The rest were researved or needed 3 players. THE ONE GAME I did join, is no spoils against a bunch of noobs, which I hate because in no spoils they like to make deals and pacts after round 3.

I joined it anyway because im desperate.

Any more Idears there jeff??? thanx for the help
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby jefjef on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:34 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:let me add on to that, because your post really pisses me off ....

I just did that magic 5 game search again....

I was ABLE TO JOIN ONE FUCKING GAME out of 145 that needed one player. The rest were researved or needed 3 players. THE ONE GAME I did join, is no spoils against a bunch of noobs, which I hate because in no spoils they like to make deals and pacts after round 3.

I joined it anyway because im desperate.

Any more Idears there jeff??? thanx for the help

You are touchy little one aren't you.

With all those games you looked at not filled up HOW DO YOU EXPECT YOURS TO FILL UP.

50 games limit does relate directly to serv space etc...

Nice chatting with ya. But I bet if you look a little harder you can have yourself 100 games going.
Colonel jefjef

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:40 pm

im not JSUT WAITING FOR MINE TO FILL UP!!!!

I Have pending games from all types make ups and people. I bet I even looked at your doubles list, you FAILED to mention that there are 3 games taht I could join with a partner and start right away.

Why didnt you mention that????

But hell, says I... I go to call outs and see If anyone wants to join doubles games with me, because a few are better than none.

the 50 game limit makes no sense. If you pay a fee, and are told you can play as many games as you want. Then I guess It should be like when I first started CC, you really could get as many games as you could handle. But now a days, I have to "But I bet if you look a little harder you can find yourself 100 games to join."

To play bascially you are saying I should play any game I can possible find, and be happy about it.

You offer no solution to a suggestion I put forth. You got on the thread with bad information (yes I did the same searches as you and there are a total of 4 or 5 games I could join and it start (one in which I did even though it will suck)) and then you say its just my problem.

Well thanx for the help. Your contribution to this thread was immeasurable.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Phr34ky on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Do you play tournaments or leagues? They could increase your active games a bit without affecting your pending games. I know the Map Blaster tournaments used to play every map at once, but I'm not sure if MB is still being run...

Edit: Try this one: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=112230

DISCLAIMER: This tournament will require you to play 54 games at once, up to 180 games played in the first round. Premiums ONLY.
Major Phr34ky

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:45 pm

thanx for the advice man, I have been playing more and more tournis. I think Ill just have to step it more.

thanx for the link
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions