Pearl Harbor: Twist or Stick?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Pearl Harbor map - which would you prefer?

a) stick with the adjusted (current) version.
39%
b) revert to the original version.
61%

Total votes : 212

Re: Pearl Harbor: Twist or Stick?

Postby nippersean on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:44 pm

I preferred the compromise suggestion for the plane bonuses that were suggested in the original thread, and mentioned again here. Something like +1 for 2, +2 for 3.

I've not played either that much but I think it's nearly great.
The first one did get very lopsided drops.
The second one is...well...not as exciting to play. The planes are virtually worthless and the AA's are the way to go from what I've seen.

The bonus for the planes went from +3 for 2, to nothing until you hold 4 (then +3). Which seems a massive tweak.

I'm surprised a compromise can't still be tried. I guess it depends on whether you're a singles player or a trips / quads player to have a strong opinion. I guess the first one had a more fun element and in a sense "realism" in that the planes are a very strong and important element of the map.
So after careful consideration, I've abstained and added to the "viewed not voted" stats.
Colonel nippersean

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (15)

Postby briggs1209 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:17 pm

I never played the original version but have played the new one. I found playing the map on fog made it a bit quick to end both times round. Like the concept and the style , planes being able to attack different groups would shake things up a bit
Colonel briggs1209

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (28)

Postby MrBenn on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:44 pm

It looks like it's still broadly a 60:40 split in favour of reverting to the original map version :-k
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby alstergren on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:53 am

MrBenn wrote:It looks like it's still broadly a 60:40 split in favour of reverting to the original map version :-k

It's easy to click in a poll. I'd review the comments where people bother to put down their thoughts when making up my mind.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Major alstergren

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (20)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (32)

Postby olkok on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:22 am

I prefer the old map. Much more fun.
Jack Byrnes wrote:Jesus, Focker, It's just a game!

Lieutenant olkok

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby ltiyank on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:35 am

I prefer the original but only because I did quite well on it.
Major ltiyank

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (4)

Postby Knight2254 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 am

Go back to the old map.

Right now the AA guns WAY too valuable. It's difficult to get a bonus aside from the AA guns so whoever gets those simply reinforce those every turn and are able to shoot down enough planes to eliminate the plane bonuses.

If we do anything I think we should go back to the previous map or perhaps reduce the bonuses -- Something like +1 for 2, +2 for 3, +3 for 3. This would allow you, if you did not get the AA bonuses (then you're probably loaded with planes), to have a fighting chance.
Brigadier Knight2254

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Pantheon on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:03 am

Go back to the original please.
It was much more fun and interesting. The current map lacks any authenticity or excitement; I don't even play it anymore.
Captain Pantheon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8)

Postby mrbang on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 pm

I vote for the original version =D>
So what if it's not a great 1v1 map? there are any number of maps that can be awful as 1v1 but great for 4 or more.
Please, a great exciting map has been gutted.

Give :!: us :!: back :!: our :!: sneak :!: attack!!!

mrbang
Sergeant 1st Class mrbang

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)

Postby Keredrex on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:29 am

Knight2254 wrote:If we do anything I think we should go back to the previous map or perhaps reduce the bonuses -- Something like +1 for 2, +2 for 3, +3 for 3. This would allow you, if you did not get the AA bonuses (then you're probably loaded with planes), to have a fighting chance.

It seems there are msany who would like the old map back.. or even better the compromise as metnioned above... I also stopped playing this map until the decision is finalized.
Lieutenant Keredrex

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Robinette on Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:28 pm

MrBenn wrote:It looks like it's still broadly a 60:40 split in favour of reverting to the original map version :-k

and nearly 1600 others who visited without voting ;) :P
Brigadier Robinette

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Uncle Death on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:21 pm

I had more fun in the original and like it. I don't like it anymore.
Captain Uncle Death

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:51 pm

I just started playing the new version in 1 vs 1. Honestly, I cannot see all that much difference. Just put it back the way it was.
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby Timminz on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Old map please.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Captain Timminz

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby AtreidesHouse on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:59 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:I just started playing the new version in 1 vs 1. Honestly, I cannot see all that much difference. Just put it back the way it was.

Being as I have played this map (both versions) almost 1000 times, I agree that there wasn't that big of a difference between the versions, although I like the revamp a little better as it is a little more challenging, albeit not in 1v1 because the drop determines that almost 80% of the time. To suggest a little tweak, open up one more access to Ford Island because I find that is pretty easy to hold and fortify (depends on fortifications and cards of course) and say making it accesible from California or Swan would factor in a lot of different variables.

:|
And that day dawned when Arrakis lay at the hub of the universe with the wheel poised to spin

Winner of Mario and Sonic Tournament
Winner of A Quick KO Tournament
Cadet AtreidesHouse

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion