Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 28: 4-4-10] A Global View on Things

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 28: 4-4-10] A Global View on Things

Postby natty dread on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 28th edition of the Dispatch :)

Again we have to apologize for the issue being late. For a news team we kind of suck at following deadlines, don't we? :D But anyway, here's the latest issue, which has all kinds of cool things - an interview with MeDeFe, something new in the Foundry section, and all the latest gossip on CC... ;)

We hope you enjoy this weeks issue!

natty_dread - Newsletter Handyman, filling in for samuelc812 - Editor in Chief

If you would like to apply to join one of the teams below please fill out this simple form, and send it via PM to samuelc812. However, keep in mind that applications will be individually assessed. If you are not chosen to join the team now it does not mean you won't be in the future.

==========================================================
Username:

Position/Team you are interested in joining: (Newsletter Editor, Tournaments, Foundry, Clans & Freestyle)

Any Additional Comments: (one or two lines in length describing why you think you are a good candidate)
==========================================================

Newsletter Editor Team
show: Details

Tournament Team

Foundry Team

Clan Team

Freestyle Team

Cheers to many happy issues of the new ConquerClub Dispatch :)

~samuelc812 and the News Team

Hi there and welcome to the Mess Hall, where all the other stuff that does not go anywhere else goes. This fortnight we are providing you with ARMY of GOD''s regular feature Hot Topics, a review of the Ingame-Analysis plugin by Minister Masket and another story of woe from deathcomesrippin. Not enough for you? We also have a great interview with global moderator MeDeFe and below you shall find another comical cartoon, provided by natty_dread and ARMY of GOD. Also I've slipped in an April Fool's somewhere in this section, yes it may be past the 1st of April now but it is never too late to pull a prank! 10 respect points to the first user that finds it.

Nagerous

Click image to enlarge.

Hot Topics by Army of GOD
show

Plug-ins and Addons by Minister Masket
show

For Those Who Have Suffered by Deathcomesrippin
show

show: Interrogation of MeDeFe

This article is a little shorter than previous ones: everyone has had a busy couple of weeks. amazzony has focused the spotlight on TaCktiX' Every Single Setting: Classic tournament that recently completed, and superkeener has collected links to several tournaments that are recruiting players. Be sure to check out the Tournament Forums in the next couple of weeks: good things are on their way.

~Night Strike
Tournament Editor

TaCktiX's Every Single Setting: Classic by amazzony
show

Currently Taking Signups by superkeener
show

Hi everyone! The last fortnight has been a bit slow in the Foundry... that's what I was going to say, but then a bunch of maps went into beta just on the last minute. Anyway, behind the scenes, maps are being developed, and we have seen lots of intense discussion about the Foundry atmosphere. Expect the newsletter to report in detail in the next issue...

However, in this issue, we have dolomite13's history article, the latest Foundry news, an article by TaCktiX and a new section, called Map Showcase. To close, as usually, the latest maps in development.

Enjoy it!

Foundry News
show

History 101 - The Fight for Alexander's Empire by dolomite13
show

In the Crosshairs by TaCktiX
show

Map Showcase
show

Maps in Development
show

A first hand look inside of a new clan by Georgerx7di (TSM)
show

Clan League update by laughingcavalier (AoD)
show

Conqueror's Cup Round 1 by laughingcavalier (AoD)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for a Special 10 question interview with the Admins, the 10 best questions will be selected to be answered by the admins. Post any questions you may have for them here --> 10 Questions You've Always Wanted To Ask About Conquer Club

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to nagerous and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscibe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 28: 4-4-10] A Global View on Things

Postby natty dread on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Sorry for the inconvenience. Had to repost the thread due to clapperific circumstances ;)

Postby clapper011 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:23 pm

:oops:
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 am

We still luv you clapper.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby mibi on Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:54 am

The amount of content in here is staggering. Its truly the gem of CC. Its too bad i isn't pushed to CC's wider audience and it needs a proper ToC.
Captain mibi

Postby happy2seeyou on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:07 am

natty_dread wrote:Image
Welcome Comrades to the 28th edition of the Dispatch :)

Again we have to apologize for the issue being late. For a news team we kind of suck

What are you sucking on? Is Twill part of the news team?
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby natty dread on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:36 am

I'm secretly sucking your jugs while you sleep... ;)

Postby billy07 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:00 am

mibi wrote:The amount of content in here is staggering. Its truly the gem of CC. Its too bad i isn't pushed to CC's wider audience and it needs a proper ToC.

this is true. i've been here 2 1/2 years and never knew this existed until george did his piece on memento mori, which incidently was very good =D>
Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant 1st Class billy07

Location: China, a beautiful country full of wonderful people

Postby grifftron on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:21 am

yeh great job george, I posted on the other forum that natty apparently deleted :?: but i guess you'll never see that post. Miss ya around the MM forums and telling us about how you want to leave TSM so bad to join MM... lol just kidding man... we all know you need to play games with us before JOINING! you cant just JOIN MM!!! :lol:

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby natty dread on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:32 pm

I didn't delete it, and george did see it. The thread got moved to a secret place. By accident. Or should I say "clappercident"... :D

Ok, ok, that's enough teasing on clapper... sorry clapper. You do a great job here.

Postby Georgerx7di on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Thanks billy and grif, was fun hanging out in your forum. It's kind of like when your favorite bar is closed, so you try out a different place a few times :lol: See you guys around, maybe we will play one another some time. :D
Major Georgerx7di

Postby nagerous on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:25 am

Just to inform people, we do not have an interview with clapper011 next fortnight but in fact we have a thread entitled
10 Questions You've Always Wanted To Ask About Conquer Club where you have a chance to ask the admins of this site any question you want with a lucky 10 questions being selected to be published.
Last edited by nagerous on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain nagerous

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:25 am

George, I would have to agree. Your piece was very well written, much better than I anticipated. If everyone put as much effort into it as you did, I could see subscriptions doubling. Nicely done sir. (I'm not just saying it because it's about MM either.)
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:05 am

Another great issue. :)

I was wondering, any chance of getting interviewed? I'm sure CC's members would have lots of questions to ask. :lol:
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby natty dread on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:06 am

Well, you never know what might happen. ;)

Perhaps, some day...

Postby clapper011 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:07 am

So I am safe from questions for this week then :) :P
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:18 am

Nice Steve Miller Band ending to the interview? :) Good Issue.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jbrettlip on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:28 am

I can't believe a clan would let you into their forum. We work hard to keep the mods from snooping in our forum of awesomeness. In fact we have another forum, offsite, where we can discuss true battle plans. We would never let anyone view our forum, but that is why we are so damn sexy.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:35 pm

jbrettlip wrote:I can't believe a clan would let you into their forum. We work hard to keep the mods from snooping in our forum of awesomeness. In fact we have another forum, offsite, where we can discuss true battle plans. We would never let anyone view our forum, but that is why we are so damn sexy.

Sexy people are too paranoid. I enjoy just being average, rather than over ego-ed.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby grifftron on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:41 pm

TheMissionary wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:I can't believe a clan would let you into their forum. We work hard to keep the mods from snooping in our forum of awesomeness. In fact we have another forum, offsite, where we can discuss true battle plans. We would never let anyone view our forum, but that is why we are so damn sexy.

Sexy people are too paranoid. I enjoy just being average, rather than over ego-ed.

Hey, someone from your clan (@ BPB) invited me as a friend on "face book" and believe me... they were FAR from sexy. :sick:

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:20 am

Fun issue, but I just gotta bust george a bit. ;) "knew clan" "PE" I am sure TheMissionary can tell you about PE aka Project Enigma PF Project Firestorm is a nice up and coming clan. Just joking around george... Nicely done.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jbrettlip on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:16 am

grifftron wrote:
TheMissionary wrote:

Hey, someone from your clan (@ BPB) invited me as a friend on "face book" and believe me... they were FAR from sexy. :sick:

-griff

It must not have been me, ctwong1, h2sy, Owen, Vace,Katy, oh well it wasn't any of us....you are lying!
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby happy2seeyou on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:08 am

jbrettlip wrote:
grifftron wrote:
TheMissionary wrote:

-griff

It must not have been me, ctwong1, h2sy, Owen, Vace,Katy, oh well it wasn't any of us....you are lying!

It was a poser... I bet the person that tried to add you is from Canada and he looks like a creeper who touches little boys and when you deny him, he goes ballistic.
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby nagerous on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 am

Considering part of the application to join in the bandits is to send in a picture of yourself, you sir are a liar!
Captain nagerous

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:45 am

happy2seeyou wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:
grifftron wrote:
TheMissionary wrote:

-griff

It was a poser... I bet the person that tried to add you is from Canada and he looks like a creeper who touches little boys and when you deny him, he goes ballistic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Next

Return to Newsletter Issues