Conquer Club

Improved Scoreboard

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Improved Scoreboard

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:31 pm

lackattack wrote:Alas, the Flip the Board feature was just an April Fool's prank (246 people actually attempted to flip their boards, by the way :shock: ). I think it's high time for a feature that is NOT a prank...

Scoreboard Improvements

The new scoreboard has these features:

Ties are now given the same position #. In other words, if you and someone else are tied for 5th place, you both get a 5 and the next player gets a 7. Tied players are listed alphabetically.

To add these features without impacting server performance, the scoreboard will no longer be "live" and will be updated every hour like the Conqueror position.

Hopefully these changes will help you better understand how you place against the competition. It may even help you find fellow countrymen to play with!

Proxy Blocking

After studying web proxy use for several months we've discovered that much less than 1% of our membership visits Conquer Club through web proxies and a large portion of this proxy use is by members with multiple accounts. We decided to block access to Conquer Club through web proxies to help our multi hunters enforce the rules and keep out the bad guys.

Unfortunately some members who use proxies legitimately to get past firewalls at school or work will be affected. We regret this side effect and hope those affected end up with better grades and promotions to make up for this ;)

Map XML Enhancement

To provide you with new challenging maps and to keep things interesting for map makers, we'll be making single enhancements to the map XML format on a regular basis.

To begin with, we've expanded the objective to include continents. This will lead to maps with more flexible winning objectives like "hold 60% of the world". For more information about map development, please visit the Map Foundry.

this is by far the best update since the new medals were established last year.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:36 pm

excellent update Lack, now two things: can you make a post in the unofficial hall of fame user group forum so CC can perhaps finally add this later this year, and two, could you possibly consider adding the amount of times a player has won tournaments to the scoreboard as well? Thx for you time.
General Blitzaholic

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:55 pm

I have the most medals out of all "Josh" on the scoreboard... and there are 30 of those. :D
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Fruitcake on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:excellent update Lack, now two things: can you make a post in the unofficial hall of fame user group forum so CC can perhaps finally add this later this year, and two, could you possibly consider adding the amount of times a player has won tournaments to the scoreboard as well? Thx for you time.

Good idea, Blitz!

We should definitely ensure that only official tournaments are recognised of course...and these tournaments should include those that have more than 4 rounds and do not contain one team ranked thousands of points more than everybody else especially if one of that team is vetting the participants!

A very good update lack. (Especially as, at the moment, I am the top ranked UK player ;) )

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:33 pm

A special update in regards to tournaments is currently in the works---and progressing quite well and speedily! I think more about this will come out soon.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby mrbang on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:47 pm

I understand it will help to stop multis but the only reason I use a proxy sometimes is that

I live in Thailand 8-) [-o<

The internet is so slow here sometimes I time out on every click, but when I go through the proxy boom no problem, so if I can't use the proxy there will be whole days I can't play, leading to missed turns, frustration and I suppose resignation.

I mean I love CC but
I won't move BRRRRR! back to Minnesota

Just to keep playing.

mrbang
Sergeant 1st Class mrbang

Postby TheOtherOne on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Could a sorting option be win percentage?
Captain TheOtherOne

Postby Night Strike on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:44 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:A special update in regards to tournaments is currently in the works---and progressing quite well and speedily! I think more about this will come out soon.

--Andy

:-$ :-$ :-$

Don't ruin my secrets!
Major Night Strike

Postby lackattack on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:14 am

The proxy blocking is fixed and turned back on. If you have any problems logging in please submit a support ticket vie the Help page.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby wookie305 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:31 pm

a nice feature to add would be a persons current rank stamped on each game once it is started asides from the norm... and it stays there at that rank for that game period kinda like a time stamp
Private 1st Class wookie305

Postby skepticCS on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:13 am

lackattack wrote:Map XML Enhancement

To provide you with new challenging maps and to keep things interesting for map makers, we'll be making single enhancements to the map XML format on a regular basis.

To begin with, we've expanded the objective to include continents. This will lead to maps with more flexible winning objectives like "hold 60% of the world". For more information about map development, please visit the Map Foundry.

Sweet!
........................................................................................................Map in Development:
Image Image
Sergeant 1st Class skepticCS

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:10 am

Fruitcake wrote:Good idea, Blitz!

We should definitely ensure that only official tournaments are recognised of course...and these tournaments should include those that have more than 4 rounds and do not contain one team ranked thousands of points more than everybody else especially if one of that team is vetting the participants!

1st off fruitcake, it is cc rules, not yours, if CC awarded any player a medal for winning a tournament, they will receive one and displayed with the amount in the scoreboard section, perhaps some tourney rules may of changed recently, however, others would be grandfathered in, because they earned them by the rules at the time. 2nd, you cannot suggest one team thousands more points than other teams should not get one, the fact they have the balls to play anyone and everyone and win, is good enough. I attempted at times in the past to only have high rank tourney players and I got blasted by former organizers. You have to leave it open to a majority of the public and play any and all, by doing this it will cost you many points and your score will drop a ton even if you win a majority of games, because the average CC tourney player (while respectable) is around 2000 points lower than the score you and I have. Gilligan has a list in the Hall of Fame tourney sections as I have one with the assistance of Lindax in general discussion, those would all count as they were all by CC rules if lackattack and or andy decides to implement this.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Fruitcake on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:Good idea, Blitz!

1st off fruitcake, it is cc rules, not yours, if CC awarded any player a medal for winning a tournament, they will receive one and displayed with the amount in the scoreboard section, perhaps some tourney rules may of changed recently, however, others would be grandfathered in, because they earned them by the rules at the time. 2nd, you cannot suggest one team thousands more points than other teams should not get one, the fact they have the balls to play anyone and everyone and win, is good enough. I attempted at times in the past to only have high rank tourney players and I got blasted by former organizers. You have to leave it open to a majority of the public and play any and all, by doing this it will cost you many points and your score will drop a ton even if you win a majority of games, because the average CC tourney player (while respectable) is around 2000 points lower than the score you and I have. Gilligan has a list in the Hall of Fame tourney sections as I have one with the assistance of Lindax in general discussion, those would all count as they were all by CC rules if lackattack and or andy decides to implement this.

Goodness gracious...did I touch a nerve there Blitz? So sorry.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:08 pm

I am just saying if it was or is within the CC tournament rules, they should and will count. High ranks generally have to sacrifice a ton of points for tournament titles. It is a little touchy with me because I wanted a lot of high ranks in my tournaments to get them more involved, but, this was not allowed and basically this is what I was told, that I had to start making them more open to the general public, not just 2500+, so basically, I had to trade points and cripple my relative rank at a great loss for tournament wins, I didn't like it much, but, I did it to prove a point, that high ranks or some anyways can succeed at winning tournaments. Not many high ranks with 3500 score+ will play around 3,000 tournament games when the average player you face is 2000 score lower than you are, but, this is what I did, and this is why I was strong on saying they count. I poured in a ton of time at a high price and that should account for something.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:26 pm

I do not think he was talking about you playing tournaments blitz. He was talking about you running 4 team quads with 2 rounds total. Not much imagination there is it? (You and 3 teams, which is not much competition either) Or those 16 player 2500+ tournaments, which had a total of 15 games. It is things like that is why sometimes you get a bad rep. If you wanted to host a 2500+ singles tournament, then make it multiple maps and many games long. Make people work for it, rather than win 4 games and win it all. Just saying, though I do not have a dog in this fight, but this is what many people think.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby danfrank on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:I am just saying if it was or is within the CC tournament rules, they should and will count. High ranks generally have to sacrifice a ton of points for tournament titles. It is a little touchy with me because I wanted a lot of high ranks in my tournaments to get them more involved, but, this was not allowed and basically this is what I was told, that I had to start making them more open to the general public, not just 2500+, so basically, I had to trade points and cripple my relative rank at a great loss for tournament wins, I didn't like it much, but, I did it to prove a point, that high ranks or some anyways can succeed at winning tournaments. Not many high ranks with 3500 score+ will play around 3,000 tournament games when the average player you face is 2000 score lower than you are, but, this is what I did, and this is why I was strong on saying they count. I poured in a ton of time at a high price and that should account for something.

So what you have done is legalized FARMING through bogus tourneys.. :roll: : there should be some sort of guideline . i was thinking of having a heads up tourney, 2 contenders , 1 game and the winner can then boast that they have won a tourney get his medal and i can get mine for hosting and putting in the time of running it. Better yet maybe i list like 10 or so at a time that would definitly make it legit then. What say you :-s
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby Night Strike on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 pm

danfrank wrote:So what you have done is legalized FARMING through bogus tourneys.. :roll: : there should be some sort of guideline . i was thinking of having a heads up tourney, 2 contenders , 1 game and the winner can then boast that they have won a tourney get his medal and i can get mine for hosting and putting in the time of running it. Better yet maybe i list like 10 or so at a time that would definitly make it legit then. What say you :-s

There already are minimum requirements for a tournament, and all of Blitz's tournaments haven fallen within those rules. New rules will be coming out soon, but this thread is not about tournaments, it's about the scoreboard.
Major Night Strike

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Night Strike wrote:
danfrank wrote:So what you have done is legalized FARMING through bogus tourneys.. :roll: : there should be some sort of guideline . i was thinking of having a heads up tourney, 2 contenders , 1 game and the winner can then boast that they have won a tourney get his medal and i can get mine for hosting and putting in the time of running it. Better yet maybe i list like 10 or so at a time that would definitly make it legit then. What say you :-s

There already are minimum requirements for a tournament, and all of Blitz's tournaments haven fallen within those rules. New rules will be coming out soon, but this thread is not about tournaments, it's about the scoreboard.

I assume the new rules will only apply towards tournys that have not started? Also would those 'new rules' apply to tournies still currently recruiting players?

BTW, the new scoreboard is AWESOME ;)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Leehar on Mon May 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Nice update, It's weird that I'm coming to announcements from FB instead of actually ever looking at them :s
show
Colonel Leehar

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives