Conquer Club

Liberal Math

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Liberal Math

Postby bedub1 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:13 pm

I don't have specific numbers for this, but I heard that Washington State "cut it's budget" by some large amount. Yet the budget grew. So how does this work? Lets look at the way Liberals do math. I'll give some basic examples.

2005 - 1 billion
2006 - 1.5 billion
2007 - 2.0 billion
2008 - 2.5 billion
2009 - 3.0 billion
2010 - 3.25 billion

Now, they claim that they cut the budget for the 2010 year, but if you look at the numbers, they didn't do that at all. It still INCREASED by .25 billion. It's just that they WANTED to spend 3.5 billion, but cut it to 3.25billion. So even though they spend more and more money each year, they claim they keep cutting it. Let me show you how REAL math works.

2005 - 1 billion
2006 - 1.5 billion
2007 - 2.0 billion
2008 - 2.5 billion
2009 - 3.0 billion
2010 - 2.5 billion

Now in the example above you can clearly see that the budget was cut from 2009 to 2010. It DECREASED by .5 billion. This is an actual CUT. The other example is NOT A CUT. It's NOT a decrease. It's in fact an increase. They instead are actually INCREASING SPENDING. So next time you hear some democrat talk about how they are cutting the budget, just realize they are lying to you.

FYI, I'm sure republicans do this too. I hate politicians.
Colonel bedub1

Re: Liberal Math

Postby pimpdave on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:15 pm

THE DEBATE IS OVER
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Timminz on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:god you're dumb.
Captain Timminz

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:52 pm

your "numbers" and "facts" and "statistics" make my head hurt. I'll probably make a comment that has nothing to do with the issue at hand and then call you a name.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Timminz wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:god you're dumb.

are you afraid to say he is dumb yourself? smoking beaners is bad for those baby nuts
Last edited by Phatscotty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby john9blue on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm

original post with facts and a valid point

one sentence retort/insult by a liberal

one sentence retort/insult by another liberal

sarcastic parody of retorts by another conservative

pwning of previous liberals by same conservative

...yep this thread is par for the course
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby tzor on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:18 pm

If you think that's fun, you should see math at the Federal level.

When you borrow from yourself, it's not really borrowing, even though you do have to pay it back eventually.
And it's not debt either, even though ... it is.
Cadet tzor

Postby beezer on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:28 pm

One thing I remember from the budget battles of the 1990s is that whenever Congress didn't raise spending by as much as they originally projected, they would call that a cut. Yes, a cut in the rate of increase was actually viewed as a real cut. Perhaps that's what Washington state is trying to claim. I don't really know because bedub said he didn't have the specific numbers.
Corporal 1st Class beezer

Postby hecter on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:34 pm

bedub1 wrote:FYI, I'm sure republicans do this too. I hate politicians.

So, why the "liberal" comment, why make such a distinction? It serves no purpose other than to try to insult and belittle your point. I mean, don't get me wrong, the total budget is increasing, but why make such a distinction?
Phatscotty wrote:your "numbers" and "facts" and "statistics" make my head hurt. I'll probably make a comment that has nothing to do with the issue at hand and then call you a name.

I see numbers, but few facts and no statistics. I bet Bedub would be absolutely THRILLED if the budget was only 3.25 billion.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Timminz on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Phatscotty wrote:smoking beaners is bad for those baby nuts

sig'd
Captain Timminz

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:39 pm

hecter wrote:

So, why the "liberal" comment, why make such a distinction? It serves no purpose other than to try to insult and belittle your point. I mean, don't get me wrong, the total budget is increasing, but why make such a distinction?
Phatscotty wrote:your "numbers" and "facts" and "statistics" make my head hurt. I'll probably make a comment that has nothing to do with the issue at hand and then call you a name.

I see numbers, but few facts and no statistics. I bet Bedub would be absolutely THRILLED if the budget was only 3.25 billion.

it doesn't matter. I lump facts, numbers, and statistics all into the same category, and then they are immediately dismissed equally
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Timminz wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:smoking beaners is bad for those baby nuts

sig'd

and...as for being afraid?

aw f it sig'd
Major Phatscotty

Postby bedub1 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:59 pm

hecter wrote:

I made the liberal comment because it's the current Democrats that are doing this. I don't know of any Republicans doing it, but I'm sure they do. I also would be thrilled if it was only 3.25 billion. I think it's more like 20 and we have a 3.5 billion shortfall.

tzor wrote:If you think that's fun, you should see math at the Federal level.

When you borrow from yourself, it's not really borrowing, even though you do have to pay it back eventually.
And it's not debt either, even though ... it is.
Stop scaring me.

beezer wrote:One thing I remember from the budget battles of the 1990s is that whenever Congress didn't raise spending by as much as they originally projected, they would call that a cut. Yes, a cut in the rate of increase was actually viewed as a real cut. Perhaps that's what Washington state is trying to claim. I don't really know because bedub said he didn't have the specific numbers.
Exactly! they are cutting the INCREASE so they are still increasing it...just not as much. But then they claim they are actually reducing their spending...which is a lie.
Colonel bedub1

Postby Timminz on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Oh dear me. Whatever would happen if someone were to think I were echoing a statement in order to show my agreement with said statement? It offends my sensibilities, just thinking about it, I tell you.
Captain Timminz

Postby hecter on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Phatscotty wrote:it doesn't matter. I lump facts, numbers, and statistics all into the same category, and then they are immediately dismissed equally

Right... You realize those are all very different things, don't you?
bedub1 wrote: I also would be thrilled if it was only 3.25 billion. I think it's more like 20 and we have a 3.5 billion shortfall.

I'm pretty sure it's actually closer to 3.5 trillion...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:43 pm

2+2=fish.

:roll:

Get it right, either hop on the gravy train or get off, but don't ruin it with your "logic."
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Baron Von PWN on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:45 pm

hecter wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:it doesn't matter. I lump facts, numbers, and statistics all into the same category, and then they are immediately dismissed equally

Right... You realize those are all very different things, don't you?
bedub1 wrote: I also would be thrilled if it was only 3.25 billion. I think it's more like 20 and we have a 3.5 billion shortfall.

I'm pretty sure it's actually closer to 3.5 trillion...

Yeah 3.5 billion would be considered a fairly modest deficit considering the size of the US economy/ government.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby Woodruff on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:47 pm

bedub1 wrote:FYI, I'm sure republicans do this too.

And yet, you titled the thread "Liberal Math", you dishonest f*ck.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby jbrettlip on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Wow, I have never seen Woodruff get so disjointed. That made me laugh, so I reported his post. Usually you are much wittier, Woody!

Government is corrupt and spending money we don't have. ALL of them. Every government on the planet. The beauty is the US govt owns acres of land, natural resources and military weaponary. We owe meaningless pieces of paper. Eventually our ICBM's will pay off our debts (by vaporizing our creditors.)
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Woodruff on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:07 pm

jbrettlip wrote:Wow, I have never seen Woodruff get so disjointed.

Really? I find that odd.

jbrettlip wrote:Usually you are much wittier, Woody!

I am?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby jbrettlip on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Really? I find that odd.

I am?

yes, you usually seem to have smart ass comments (which I like) as opposed to name calling. Also with your Spock avatar, it makes name calling that much funnier.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Woodruff on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:49 pm

jbrettlip wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Really? I find that odd.

I am?

yes, you usually seem to have smart ass comments (which I like) as opposed to name calling. Also with your Spock avatar, it makes name calling that much funnier.

Sometimes, the blunt truth is the only way to make a point.

Postby john9blue on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Woodruff wrote:Sometimes, the blunt truth is the only way to make a point.

LOL that was actually a good one.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:46 am

john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Sometimes, the blunt truth is the only way to make a point.

LOL that was actually a good one.

Arrowheads galore!

Postby Titanic on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:23 am

jbrettlip wrote:Wow, I have never seen Woodruff get so disjointed. That made me laugh, so I reported his post. Usually you are much wittier, Woody!

Government is corrupt and spending money we don't have. ALL of them. Every government on the planet. The beauty is the US govt owns acres of land, natural resources and military weaponary. We owe meaningless pieces of paper. Eventually our ICBM's will pay off our debts (by vaporizing our creditors.)

Including the ones who are running huge surpluses?
Major Titanic

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,