New Tournament Minimum Requirements
Conquer Club has seen MANY new features in the two years since our last update to the minimum requirements to run a tournament. The site now has such things as quads teams, nuclear cards, manual deployments, and tournament medals. In addition, we Tournament Directors have operated under several rules and procedures that were never codified to the public. In an effort to bring our standards up to date, we have written new minimum requirements. Please remember that most of these are either no change or a slight change from the requirements we have been operating under for two years.
- All tournaments must have at least the following amount of participants:
- 1v1 and Singles Tournaments: 16 players
- Team Tournaments: 8 teams (no more than 12 players per team; Added June 16, 2011)
- The maximum point restriction allowed on a tournament is 2000+ points per player or team average.
- The tournament format must cause the eventual winner to play at least 3 games.
- All players must be given at least 24 hours to join their games, unless the tournament uses speed games (at least 48 hours is preferred).
- At least 50% of the spots must be for open/public sign-ups and not filled with special invitations; every player or one person from every team must post in the thread to enroll.
- Each tournament should be designed to end within 1 year. (Added June 16, 2011).
- Each organizer can have only 4 tournaments recruiting players at once (has NO effect on ongoing tournaments or reserves threads).
- The Tournament Directors reserve the right to deny privileges for your tournament if the tournament is deemed to break site or tournament rules, has an unfair structure, or has pertinent settings missing from the tournament description.
- If you wish to run a tournament based upon an actual sports league or another well-designed format, and it requires you to have less than the minimum amount of participants or games, please contact the Create/Join Director to discuss a possible exemption.
All tournaments posted on or after April 12th will be subject to these new requirements. Tournaments posted prior to that date will be allowed to fill under the previous requirements.
Thank you for all your contributions (and even the lively debates). Be sure to be on the lookout for the next announcements
~Night Strike, Head Tournament Director