Conquer Club

New Minimum Tournament Requirements [1 of 4 Announcements]

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

New Minimum Tournament Requirements [1 of 4 Announcements]

Postby Night Strike on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Your Tournament Directors and Administrators have been VERY busy for more than a month working to bring you several LARGE changes to the Tournament Forum and the greater presence of your tournaments to the whole of Conquer Club. This is the first in a series of announcements that should be posted over the next couple of weeks detailing all the projects we have been putting together. This first one is the most contentious, but also the one that was put together first.

New Tournament Minimum Requirements

Conquer Club has seen MANY new features in the two years since our last update to the minimum requirements to run a tournament. The site now has such things as quads teams, nuclear cards, manual deployments, and tournament medals. In addition, we Tournament Directors have operated under several rules and procedures that were never codified to the public. In an effort to bring our standards up to date, we have written new minimum requirements. Please remember that most of these are either no change or a slight change from the requirements we have been operating under for two years.

• All tournaments must have at least the following amount of participants:
    • 1v1 and Singles Tournaments: 16 players
    • Team Tournaments: 8 teams (no more than 12 players per team; Added June 16, 2011)
  • The maximum point restriction allowed on a tournament is 2000+ points per player or team average.
  • The tournament format must cause the eventual winner to play at least 3 games.
  • All players must be given at least 24 hours to join their games, unless the tournament uses speed games (at least 48 hours is preferred).
  • At least 50% of the spots must be for open/public sign-ups and not filled with special invitations; every player or one person from every team must post in the thread to enroll.
  • Each tournament should be designed to end within 1 year. (Added June 16, 2011).
  • Each organizer can have only 4 tournaments recruiting players at once (has NO effect on ongoing tournaments or reserves threads).
  • The Tournament Directors reserve the right to deny privileges for your tournament if the tournament is deemed to break site or tournament rules, has an unfair structure, or has pertinent settings missing from the tournament description.
  • If you wish to run a tournament based upon an actual sports league or another well-designed format, and it requires you to have less than the minimum amount of participants or games, please contact the Create/Join Director to discuss a possible exemption.

All tournaments posted on or after April 12th will be subject to these new requirements. Tournaments posted prior to that date will be allowed to fill under the previous requirements.

Thank you for all your contributions (and even the lively debates). Be sure to be on the lookout for the next announcements

~Night Strike, Head Tournament Director

Major Night Strike

Re: New Minimum Tournament Requirements [1 of 4 Announcements]

Postby barterer2002 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:17 pm

I'd like to say thank you for listening to the community concerns. I notice several changes from the original proposal to this one, notably, for me at least, that 1v1 16 player tournaments are still legal and that players need to play in at least 3 games. Thank you then for listening to the concerns of the community and being responsive to them.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby sensfan on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Thank you listening to our concerns, Night Strike.

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby Jacob Peden on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:35 pm

This all sounds reasonable and fair good job
Private Jacob Peden

Postby a.sub on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:26 pm

when you say minimum point requirement, does that mean you cant make tourneys where you have a minimum requirement of 2000 or more, or you cant have a cap of 2000 or less?
ie which is ok
"must be 2500 or more to join"
OR
"must be less than 1500 to play"
Cadet a.sub

Postby Night Strike on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:41 pm

a.sub wrote:ie which is ok
Not allowed
OR
Allowed

The reason for the difference is that there are far more low ranks than high ranks as well as more desire to run high rank only tournaments rather than low rank only tournaments. A tournament IS allowed to run a division within the tournament that is only for the highest of players, but they most also have divisions for other point ranges and everyone must have an equal opportunity to win the tournament in the end.
Major Night Strike

Postby Dako on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Awesome additions, NS. Well done!
Colonel Dako

Postby TheOtherOne on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Night Strike wrote:The tournament format must cause the eventual winner to play at least 3 games.

Does the eventual winner have to have won at least 3 games in the whole tournament or just during the final championship round?
Captain TheOtherOne

Postby keiths31 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:11 pm

TheOtherOne wrote:
Night Strike wrote:The tournament format must cause the eventual winner to play at least 3 games.

Does the eventual winner have to have won at least 3 games in the whole tournament or just during the final championship round?

Whole tournament.
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Looks good! Sounds like it should help alleviate some old issues! Nice work everyone.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 pm

OK get ready for me to post 100 tourneys this weekend--HAHA-April Fools--I am nuts, but not that crazy.

Actually 4 at a time works fine for me
All other rules don't effect my tourneys in any negative way and I will be able to keep all of my series that I have going.

I do appreciate the coordination, and cooperation, and the listening of all involved.

Great job Night Strike and crew.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:26 pm

I know we don't see eye-to-eye sometimes Night Strike, but this is great.

Good work! ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby jrh_cardinal on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:41 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:OK get ready for me to post 100 tourneys this weekend--HAHA-April Fools--I am nuts, but not that crazy.

Actually 4 at a time works fine for me
All other rules don't effect my tourneys in any negative way and I will be able to keep all of my series that I have going.

I do appreciate the coordination, and cooperation, and the listening of all involved.

Great job Night Strike and crew.

I have to grudgingly agree. These are certainly much more reasonable than the original restrictions proposed, and while we as players like to think we should be able to do whatever we want, in reality mods do have the power to put some restrictions on us, and that is how it should be.
I personally still don't like the limit on the amount of tourneys you can create at one time, but not as much now that my tourneys are being joined much faster.

Anyway, thanks for listening.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby Night Strike on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:15 pm

keiths31 wrote:
TheOtherOne wrote:

Whole tournament.

It purposefully doesn't say that they have to win 3 games, they only have to PLAY 3 games. This is for cases of round robin or other points based tournaments where someone could come in 2nd every game but still win the tournament due to being the most consistent.
Major Night Strike

Postby a.sub on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Night Strike wrote:
a.sub wrote:ie which is ok
Not allowed
OR
Allowed

The reason for the difference is that there are far more low ranks than high ranks as well as more desire to run high rank only tournaments rather than low rank only tournaments. A tournament IS allowed to run a division within the tournament that is only for the highest of players, but they most also have divisions for other point ranges and everyone must have an equal opportunity to win the tournament in the end.

alright, thanks!
Cadet a.sub

Postby grifftron on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Good Job tourney staff.

I am totally fine with all of these.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:35 pm

Good job! Can't wait to see the next announcements! :)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby denominator on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Bravo, Night Strike et al. I am impressed at how you listened to all of the community's concerns throughout the whole process, and came out with a fair set of rules. Seems to me that while everyone doesn't totally agree with all of the rules, we all think that this is a fair step forward and a long time coming.

Well done! Looking forward to the next 3 announcements!
Lieutenant denominator

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:45 pm

I told Night Strike that the most amazing thing is no one is complaining. I think this is the first time in the history of CC that everyone seems to be happy with a change. I did not even think that it was possible to make everyone happy at one time. =D> =D> =D> =D>
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby psychobkrazy on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Thanks, I love running CC tournaments. :D =D>
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Sergeant 1st Class psychobkrazy

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:48 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:I told Night Strike that the most amazing thing is no one is complaining. I think this is the first time in the history of CC that everyone seems to be happy with a change. I did not even think that it was possible to make everyone happy at one time. =D> =D> =D> =D>

I think that has a lot to do with everyone already saw the stricter version. I know I would still be pretty pissed at the 4 create/join tourneys at a time if I didn't see the 3 at a time and all of the other restrictions first. They did a very good job of both listening to the masses while still asserting their authority with these rules.

Postby TaCktiX on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Definite thank you on putting a cap on maximum tournaments recruiting per organizer. I make very unique tournaments, and with the mass "xx's this map something XCVIII" all over Create/Join, my tournaments kept on getting bumped to rock bottom. Hopefully mine will stand a proper viewing chance now.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby MrCj on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:46 am

can i play a team game plz
Private MrCj

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:35 pm

MrCj wrote:can i play a team game plz

if you want a team tournament, there are multiple ones in the forum. Right now, persianempire and I have a tournament that you can join alone and wait for a partner. viewtopic.php?f=90&t=114353

If you are just looking for someone to play a game with you this is the wrong forum. Post a new thread in the callouts forum saying "looking for team partners" or something. Callouts forum: viewforum.php?f=31

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:22 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Bravo. Great to know the team is so responsive to the community. Even if I am not sure I necessarily agree with all of these changes, I am really impressed by the apparent care and concern. There were no knee jerk reactions, and those contentious threads seem to have been really used properly. I wish all of CC was run so well. This is why I pay $25 a year for this.

Tournaments remains a class act.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Next

Return to Tournament Archives