Conquer Club

Nestle

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Nestle

Postby KiwiTaker on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:12 pm

Vintage Mythology
Dulce et decorum est, pro patria mori
Sergeant KiwiTaker

Re: Nestle

Postby Serbia on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Nope, really don't care. In fact, next time I buy a candy bar, I'll make it a Kit Kat in honor of you.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby edocsil on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Greenpeace = dumb shit
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby bedub1 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:33 pm

edocsil wrote:Greenpeace = dumb shit
I agree
Serbia wrote:Nope, really don't care. In fact, next time I buy a candy bar, I'll make it a Kit Kat in honor of you.
I agree

I'm pretty sure Greenpeace is considered a terrorist organization too.....
Colonel bedub1

Postby JoshyBoy on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:57 pm

My new favourite snack... KitKats. :twisted:
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:05 pm

KiwiTaker wrote:Here something to put you off eating Nestle Kit Kats.
http://www.greenpeace.org/new-zealand/campaigns/climate-change/kit-kat-video?easter

I gotta tell you...it may be knee-jerk, but if Greenpeace is against something, I'm for it. f*ck Greenpeace and their terroristic ways.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm going to buy some stock in Nestle because for some reason I think it's going to go up.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby b.k. barunt on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 pm

So we have a few tards who would choose large corporate interests over Greenpeace - wadda surprise.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Symmetry on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:22 pm

There are better reasons to avoid nestle:

1) Their awful awful chocolate
2) That whole thing where they told poor people in Africa that breastfeeding was bad, and their crappy substitute formula was better for babies.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jefjef on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Symmetry wrote:There are better reasons to avoid nestle:

2) That whole thing where they told poor people in Africa that breastfeeding was bad, and their crappy substitute formula was better for babies.

Well if your against it I am going to go Nestle shopping. BTW. kit kats rock.

Greenpeace = sewage.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Symmetry on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:31 pm

jefjef wrote:
Symmetry wrote:There are better reasons to avoid nestle:

Well if your against it I am going to go Nestle shopping. BTW. kit kats rock.

Greenpeace = sewage.

I'm pretty anti-Greenpeace too, but I could just be saying that to see if you'll donate. Or maybe I just added that last bit to make you anti-Greenpeace.

Like me.

Maybe.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jefjef on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Nestle to Make Fairtrade KitKats in U.K., Ireland (Update1)
Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A

By Thomas Mulier

Dec. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Nestle SA, the world’s biggest food company, will start certifying some KitKat bars in the U.K. and Ireland as Fairtrade, following Cadbury Plc, which started producing mass-market Fairtrade chocolate this year.

KitKat four-finger bars will carry the moniker from January, the Vevey, Switzerland-based company’s U.K. unit said in an e-mailed statement released today. Cadbury switched its Dairy Milk brand to Fairtrade in the U.K. in July.

Chocolate makers in the U.K. sold 28 million pounds ($46 million) of Fairtrade chocolate in the U.K. last year. The share of Fairtrade in that market will rise to 10 percent in 2010 because of Nestle and Cadbury’s changes from 1 percent in 2008, said Eileen Maybin, a spokeswoman for Fairtrade in the U.K. The Fairtrade designation requires chocolate makers pay an extra $150 per ton of cocoa and guarantee a minimum price of $1,600 a ton, she said. The extra money is used for development projects.

KitKats make up about 23 percent of Nestle’s U.K. confectionery sales. A quarter of that is the four-finger bars, which had U.K. sales of 43 million pounds in 2008, Nestle said. The price of the Fairtrade KitKats will be the same, Andrew Lewin, an external communications official for Nestle, said by phone. Nestle sells about 250 million four-finger KitKats in the U.K. each year, he added.

Nestle plans to provide 12 million stronger, more productive cocoa trees to farmers over the next decade. The company has said it will spend 460 million Swiss francs ($456 million) on cocoa, coffee science and “sustainability” projects over the next decade.

Mars Inc., Cadbury’s largest rival, said in April that all cocoa it uses will be sustainably sourced, with the approval of the Rainforest Alliance, by 2020. The Rainforest Alliance is a U.S.-based group that certifies goods have been produced from farms that meet its social and environmental standards.

Kraft Foods Inc. has bid 10.3 billion pounds ($16.8 billion) for Cadbury.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:41 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:So we have a few tards who would choose large corporate interests over Greenpeace - wadda surprise.

When those large corporate interests head into terrorism, I'll change my tune. I don't know much about Nestle's business practices, but I'm well aware of Greenpeace's activities. f*ck Greenpeace. And anyone that supports them.
Last edited by Woodruff on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Symmetry on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:43 pm

jefjef wrote:Nestle to Make Fairtrade KitKats in U.K., Ireland (Update1)
Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A

By Thomas Mulier

Dec. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Nestle SA, the world’s biggest food company, will start certifying some KitKat bars in the U.K. and Ireland as Fairtrade, following Cadbury Plc, which started producing mass-market Fairtrade chocolate this year.

KitKat four-finger bars will carry the moniker from January, the Vevey, Switzerland-based company’s U.K. unit said in an e-mailed statement released today. Cadbury switched its Dairy Milk brand to Fairtrade in the U.K. in July.

Chocolate makers in the U.K. sold 28 million pounds ($46 million) of Fairtrade chocolate in the U.K. last year. The share of Fairtrade in that market will rise to 10 percent in 2010 because of Nestle and Cadbury’s changes from 1 percent in 2008, said Eileen Maybin, a spokeswoman for Fairtrade in the U.K. The Fairtrade designation requires chocolate makers pay an extra $150 per ton of cocoa and guarantee a minimum price of $1,600 a ton, she said. The extra money is used for development projects.

KitKats make up about 23 percent of Nestle’s U.K. confectionery sales. A quarter of that is the four-finger bars, which had U.K. sales of 43 million pounds in 2008, Nestle said. The price of the Fairtrade KitKats will be the same, Andrew Lewin, an external communications official for Nestle, said by phone. Nestle sells about 250 million four-finger KitKats in the U.K. each year, he added.

Nestle plans to provide 12 million stronger, more productive cocoa trees to farmers over the next decade. The company has said it will spend 460 million Swiss francs ($456 million) on cocoa, coffee science and “sustainability” projects over the next decade.

Mars Inc., Cadbury’s largest rival, said in April that all cocoa it uses will be sustainably sourced, with the approval of the Rainforest Alliance, by 2020. The Rainforest Alliance is a U.S.-based group that certifies goods have been produced from farms that meet its social and environmental standards.

Kraft Foods Inc. has bid 10.3 billion pounds ($16.8 billion) for Cadbury.

So, they'll just be doing this in the UK and Ireland? And just Kit-Kat bars?

As a commitment to ethical business standards, that seems a bit weak.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:58 pm

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby b.k. barunt on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 am

Woodruff wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:So we have a few tards who would choose large corporate interests over Greenpeace - wadda surprise.

When those large corporate interests head into terrorism, I'll change my tune..

Well i guess i can understand one who is so easily terrified coming to that conclusion.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Woodruff on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 am

b.k. barunt wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Well i guess i can understand one who is so easily terrified coming to that conclusion.

Well, I guess I can understand one who is so used to coming to idiotic conclusions coming to that conclusion.

Postby john9blue on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:05 pm

Woodruff wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:Well i guess i can understand one who is so easily terrified coming to that conclusion.

Well, I guess I can understand one who is so used to coming to idiotic conclusions coming to that conclusion.

Another classic "Woody Comeback".
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Woodruff wrote:

When those large corporate interests head into terrorism, I'll change my tune. I don't know much about Nestle's business practices, but I'm well aware of Greenpeace's activities. f*ck Greenpeace. And anyone that supports them.

That's bullshit though. While Greenpeace does indeed use questionable tactics, most of what could be considered terrorism is at most loosely associated with them. They're kind of dicks, but that's a far cry from "terrorism" and certainly a far cry from being worse than Nestlé.

I mean, f*ck dude, Nestlé! The horrible shit that company has done for their profits is astounding.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Woodruff on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

That's bullshit though. While Greenpeace does indeed use questionable tactics, most of what could be considered terrorism is at most loosely associated with them. They're kind of dicks, but that's a far cry from "terrorism" and certainly a far cry from being worse than Nestlé.
I mean, f*ck dude, Nestlé! The horrible shit that company has done for their profits is astounding.

I've admitted that I don't know much about Nestle's business practices (and I hate their chocolate), but I will have to disagree with your conclusions regarding Greenpeace. f*ck them.

Postby KiwiTaker on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 pm

I consider the Sea Shepherds to be more militant than Greenpeace.
Vintage Mythology
Dulce et decorum est, pro patria mori
Sergeant KiwiTaker

Postby Woodruff on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:34 pm

KiwiTaker wrote:I consider the Sea Shepherds to be more militant than Greenpeace.

Interesting...I'd never heard of the Sea Shepherds before. Thanks for mentioning them. And based on the very little bit I've read so far, I would DEFINITELY agree with you.

Postby b.k. barunt on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Woodruff wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

"Idiotic conclusions?" Some internetz tuff guy threatens you and you shit your drawers, squeal about your life being in danger and run into hiding. I would say that it doesn't take a fooking rocket scientist to deduce from that that you are easily terrified. "Idiotic conclusions indeed".

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:17 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

"Idiotic conclusions?" Some internetz tuff guy threatens you and you shit your drawers, squeal about your life being in danger and run into hiding. I would say that it doesn't take a fooking rocket scientist to deduce from that that you are easily terrified. "Idiotic conclusions indeed".

Honibaz

B.K. A class act, as always.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Woodruff on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:54 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:
Woodruff wrote:When those large corporate interests head into terrorism, I'll change my tune..

Your willingness to not only draw conclusions out of ignorance but to revel in it is frankly fascinating, albeit in an "I'm embarrased for you" sort of way.

Symmetry wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:
Woodruff wrote:When those large corporate interests head into terrorism, I'll change my tune..

B.K. A class act, as always.

That's just B.K.'s way of pretending he's some internetz tuff guy.

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,