Conquer Club

The Tournament Database [Announcement 3/4]

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Tournament Database [Announcement 3/4]

Postby jrh_cardinal on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:51 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:will all of the joining tourneys eventually be added to the new list? At first I thought I was just being punished, but actually most of the joining tourneys are not on the new list.

Lindax wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:When you first click on the new tournaments tab it has a listing of available tourneys.

There are 19 available, yet the create/join forum page has at least 35(I did not count them).

I also created a new tourney today.

How do new tourneys get on that tab/page under the new tourney tab?

Thanks

HA, we only added tournaments to the database that were created on or after April 12, the date the new minimum requirements came into effect.

Fuzzi will scan the "Create/Join" forum daily from now on and approve and add new tournaments. This means that it can take a day, or maybe two, before it appears on the list you're talking about and have the "Open Tournament" status.

Hope that answers your question,

Lx

thx
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Was busy with work all day today guys, just got home not too long ago so I'm about to go through the tournaments now and start adding them :)
Gilligan wrote:I'M SO GOOD AT THIS GAME
My stepmom locked the bathroom door
So I opened the lock with my shoelace
Corporal 1st Class The Fuzzy Pengui

Postby grifftron on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:31 pm

This is awesome, hope it runs as smooth as it sounds... i am going to miss sending requests for tourneys to lindax tho :cry: ... oh well... life goes on :mrgreen:

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Kinnison on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:03 am

This is a substantially AWESOME update. Kudos to Lack for making it, and everyone of the TDs involved in making it work.

I look forward to getting back to running tournaments even more now... and it took an idea from a fellow G1er to boot me into action. ;)
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:28 am

I love the ability to search on type of play, e.g. assassin and open tourny..... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

now if only i could pre book some tourny, because they are currently filling up faster that i can say help...
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:19 am

SirSebstar wrote:now if only i could pre book some tourny, because they are currently filling up faster that i can say help...

Hopefully this means more tournaments will be posted and started sooner, and even that some organizers will expand their tournaments if they have an overflow of signups. One of the surprisingly nice things about this update is that since the tournaments do not get immediately added to the database, the people that wish to manually browse the forum still have the opportunity to join the tournament before the larger rush of people. In my mind, it appears to be a pretty good balance.
Major Night Strike

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:02 pm

darth emperor wrote:well i dont know what type of error it is... but it puts that katy has won a tournament without playing any game at all,when the real winner is katya

Fixed.
Major Night Strike

Postby jrh_cardinal on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:42 pm

When your tournament is full, you have to manually look yo see if it has been move, right?

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:04 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:When your tournament is full, you have to manually look yo see if it has been move, right?

No, you still get a PM from The Fuzzy Pengui, at least I did :)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:07 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:When your tournament is full, you have to manually look yo see if it has been move, right?

Yep, once I see it's full I will automatically move it over to the "Ongoing" forum, and set the tournament itself to ongoing, as well. This will grant you privs to start creating games and send you a PM to let you know you have your privs.
Gilligan wrote:I'M SO GOOD AT THIS GAME
My stepmom locked the bathroom door
So I opened the lock with my shoelace
Corporal 1st Class The Fuzzy Pengui

Postby jrh_cardinal on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:31 pm

The Fuzzy Pengui wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:

Yep, once I see it's full I will automatically move it over to the "Ongoing" forum, and set the tournament itself to ongoing, as well. This will grant you privs to start creating games and send you a PM to let you know you have your privs.

ok, thx

Postby amazzony on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:43 am

When is the part in Handbook about privileges going to be changed/deleted? :D

I know I already posted it but this change is just awesome, glad to see such a huge thing happening with tournaments :D
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Night Strike on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:15 am

amazzony wrote:When is the part in Handbook about privileges going to be changed/deleted? :D

I know I already posted it but this change is just awesome, glad to see such a huge thing happening with tournaments :D

It was actually updated when we announced the new minimum tournament requirements to match the format for our database input. I plan to leave it for now in order for people to know how to change their database information as well as a transition away from having to only use PMs. This new database makes sure we can not give out multiple privileges to the same organizer for the same tournament, which is why we no longer have to have the "PM only one Director" rule. This also means tournaments should get moved to Ongoing faster.
Major Night Strike

Postby amazzony on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:11 am

Point 5 in the announcement says that everything will be done automatically for us (no need to PM TD) but handbook says that we still need to send a message to one TD. So, are we talking about different things and not just understanding each other's point?
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Night Strike on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 am

amazzony wrote:Point 5 in the announcement says that everything will be done automatically for us (no need to PM TD) but handbook says that we still need to send a message to one TD. So, are we talking about different things and not just understanding each other's point?

I modified the wording in the handbook to explain that you do not have to PM the request.
Major Night Strike

Postby beckymv on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:00 pm

What a great addition. I never joined a tournament till this happened and it appears the same with others. Great addition to the site and I think tournaments will be even more popular than ever! Thanks again!
Sergeant 1st Class beckymv

Previous

Return to Tournament Archives