Conquer Club

Natura

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Natura

Postby 00iCon on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:37 am

Map Name: Natura
Map Size: 48
Your aims/design style: This is a map based on ancient sciences such as Humorism and Astronomy.
Uniqueness: I've only seen 2 maps in the foundry touching on similar topics, such as the elements and the zodiac. Also, the circular gameplay structure is rarely seen. Circus maximus and Conquer 500 neither have a lane going in the opposite direction.
Regions: Compass: North, South, East, West, NE, NW, SE, SW. (These are the starting regions)
(all other regions start neutral)
Humors(Substances): Blood, Yellow Bile, Black Bile, Phlemgh (3 neutral)
Elements: Air, Fire, Earth, Water (3 neutral)
Northern Hemisphere Seasons: North Spring, North Summer, North Autumn, North Winter (4 neutral)
Southern Hemisphere Seasons: South Spring, South Summer, South Autumn, South Winter (4 neutral)
Months: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December (2 neutral)
Zodiac: Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius (2 neutral)
Bonuses: Each compass point - autodeployed 5
All Humors - 6
All Elements - 6
A north season and south season with respective months and zodiac signs - 6
Objective: Hold all 12 Months or all 12 Zodiacs or the entire compass? comments and ideas please.
Info: All regions but the compass start neutral. 1, 2, 3, 4 do not attack each other, they ARE each other.

Version 0.2
show

Version 0.1
show

Further ideas, 4 winds able to bombard either the Humors or the Elements. Also I haven't yet used the four temperaments nor any colours. I could even add some of the thoughts from 8 Thoughts for more regions.
Last edited by 00iCon on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Corporal 1st Class 00iCon

Re: April Competition Natura

Postby Industrial Helix on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:58 pm

I think it continues working here... Interesting idea, i'd like to see some good graphics to accompany it.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby 00iCon on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:41 am

Industrial Helix wrote:I think it continues working here... Interesting idea, i'd like to see some good graphics to accompany it.

I've already been thinking about them! Does that disqualify me? :D 8-[

Postby MrBenn on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:04 am

Not all the circles have been labelled, but I'm assuming there's a ring of zodiac territories too?

For me, I'm not sure that the objective is that achievable: I get the distinct feeling that it won't be held until somebody already has total domination of the board in any case.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby 00iCon on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Updated the map with the names of the Zodiac.
Thought about bonuses, explained in first post.

Postby 00iCon on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:53 am

MrBenn wrote:For me, I'm not sure that the objective is that achievable: I get the distinct feeling that it won't be held until somebody already has total domination of the board in any case.

My thinking here was that a player who amasses enough troops should be able to go around the whole circle, winning the game. I added the +5 compass autodeploy to rectify this. It was also for variety, though i think the +5 deploy ruins this effect(except assassin games, maybe).

Further ideas, 4 winds able to bombard either the Humors or the Elements. Also I haven't yet used the four temperaments nor any colours. I could even add some of the thoughts from 8 Thoughts for more regions.

Re: Natura v0.2

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:26 pm

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas