Conquer Club

[TPA1] Tournament Players Association

For finished TPA, Championship and other great tournaments of the past

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Introducing: Tournament Players Association (TPA)

Postby Night Strike on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:
Lindax wrote:Yep, great idea bart. =D>

I made this a "sticky", since players will want to check the score board regularly.

Lx

Night Strike wrote:I have decided that the Top 3 overall finishers will all receive Contest Achievement Medals at the end of the season.
you 2, fuzzy pengui knows about this, right? He's the one that is gonna be naming the tourneys and such from now on, and most of the time he would leave the stuff in parentheses off of the name, but having TPA at the end is kind of important

With this new database, we have the ability to change a tournament's title (and change the topic it links to) at any time without the problems that came with the previous system.
Major Night Strike

Postby jrh_cardinal on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Night Strike wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:
Lindax wrote:Yep, great idea bart. =D>

I made this a "sticky", since players will want to check the score board regularly.

Lx

Night Strike wrote:I have decided that the Top 3 overall finishers will all receive Contest Achievement Medals at the end of the season.
you 2, fuzzy pengui knows about this, right? He's the one that is gonna be naming the tourneys and such from now on, and most of the time he would leave the stuff in parentheses off of the name, but having TPA at the end is kind of important

With this new database, we have the ability to change a tournament's title (and change the topic it links to) at any time without the problems that came with the previous system.

nice :D
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby lunatic96 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm in.
Highest Rank: Major - 2284 pts.

Tournament Winner:
Foundry Update 5.2
Foundry Update 9.2
Sergeant lunatic96

Postby kratos644 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:39 pm

lunatic96 wrote:I'm in.

You'll sign up in the actual tournament threads, not here.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby ubcman64 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:00 am

Can you post links to the tourney threads here? That way they can be easily found.
Is your date on the schedule, the date the tourney will be announced/posted?
Founding Member of ++The Legion++
Major ubcman64

Postby Boss Tokugawa on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:56 am

This sounds awsome! :P i wanna join.
Major Boss Tokugawa

Postby Kinnison on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:04 am

ubcman64 wrote:Can you post links to the tourney threads here? That way they can be easily found.
Is your date on the schedule, the date the tourney will be announced/posted?

Third post of the thread will have a list, and PROBABLY links, to every active/finished TPA tourney.

And yes, that's the date the tourneys will be posted. *sits and waits for end of May, 99% of the prepwork being done...*
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby barterer2002 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:49 am

Hey guys, apologies for not being on to answer everything yesterday, I'll answer everything later this morning when I get back but a few things now. Thanks to all the Tos who have stepped up and answered questions here in my absence. Thanks to DJ Teflon for the original idea for majors etc.

In terms of signing up, everyone who signs up in one of the TPA tour events (marked with a TPA at the end of the title) will be entered on the scoreboard.

The threads to the tournaments will be kept in the post as mentioned above. Obviously they can't be linked until they're created though.

The second season will begin before the first ends. That's just a part of the nature of the beast. Truthfully I don't know of a reason to cut two weeks at the end of the year-those two weeks wont end the active tournaments any faster.

While its likely that players who don't join as many tournaments won't win the overall point championship its true that's the nature of these, winning a few of the larger ones should allow one to do so. Winning the smaller ones will not.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby White Moose on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:18 am

Great idea bart! I just need to be in this one! :D
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby dandrobie on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:56 pm

count me in... ;)
Major dandrobie

Postby jrh_cardinal on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:58 pm

White Moose wrote:Great idea bart! I just need to be in this one! :D

dandrobie wrote:count me in... ;)
just join the tourneys :)
though dan if you really want to participate and try to get high on the scoreboard you may need premium, idk how many tourneys are gonna exclude freemium, but a lot of these are really big to accomodate a lot of people, so I would guess a lot of them will exclude freemies (I know mine might)

Postby moldy780 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:47 am

sounds fun im in
Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant 1st Class moldy780

Postby IWearRed24 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:41 pm

how do we join? and is there a point system to rank everyone like in the PGA lol
Captain IWearRed24

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:16 pm

IWearRed24 wrote:how do we join? and is there a point system to rank everyone like in the PGA lol

jrh_cardinal wrote:
White Moose wrote:Great idea bart! I just need to be in this one! :D

dandrobie wrote:count me in... ;)
just join the tourneys :)
though dan if you really want to participate and try to get high on the scoreboard you may need premium, idk how many tourneys are gonna exclude freemium, but a lot of these are really big to accomodate a lot of people, so I would guess a lot of them will exclude freemies (I know mine might)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby spidey on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:58 pm

I was wondering if the "Majors" will have eligibility requirements like they have in golf. For example, for a person to eligible to play in the Masters they need to have won one of the tournaments in the last year, or be in the top 125 in money, etc, etc. There are a bunch of criteria to be eligible. Will we have that kind of thing for the majors? Also in golf they have the fedex cup at the end of the season. Could we have one of those as well? Just a couple of ideas thrown out there for you to all consider.
Winner of UEFA Cup 2007/2008 Tournament
Winner of Points Grabber I & IV
Winner of Satellite for 19th RISKTOC, but was to broke to go.
Highest points 2153, Highest place 474th
Sergeant 1st Class spidey

Postby jrh_cardinal on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:11 pm

spidey wrote:I was wondering if the "Majors" will have eligibility requirements like they have in golf. For example, for a person to eligible to play in the Masters they need to have won one of the tournaments in the last year, or be in the top 125 in money, etc, etc. There are a bunch of criteria to be eligible. Will we have that kind of thing for the majors? Also in golf they have the fedex cup at the end of the season. Could we have one of those as well? Just a couple of ideas thrown out there for you to all consider.

for majors, there will be no qualification, at least not the first year, because we have no rankings to go by. For the first major especially, it is likely that there won't be any tournaments finished when it starts, so there will be no rankings at all.

A fedex cup type thing would be unfeasible because it would take too long. The first season will already run at least a month into the next season, we can't have a playoff type thing added on to the already long overlap.

Postby musteriuz on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:39 pm

I know you guys said you join this by joining the individual tourneys, but I for one don't have time to trawl through all the upcoming tourneys on a regular basis and may therefore miss many opportunities to participate in the TPA. Could I suggest that you compile a list of interested players that will be PM'ed with upcoming tourney details in good time for us to sign up if we wish?
Highest score: 2159 Highest rank: 486
(How are the mighty fallen)
[Tourney achievements are on my wall]
Sergeant 1st Class musteriuz

Postby ubcman64 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:04 pm

musteriuz wrote:I know you guys said you join this by joining the individual tourneys, but I for one don't have time to trawl through all the upcoming tourneys on a regular basis and may therefore miss many opportunities to participate in the TPA. Could I suggest that you compile a list of interested players that will be PM'ed with upcoming tourney details in good time for us to sign up if we wish?

there is a schedule in the first post, which from what i understand will contain links to the individual tournaments
Founding Member of ++The Legion++
Major ubcman64

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:20 pm

musteriuz wrote:I know you guys said you join this by joining the individual tourneys, but I for one don't have time to trawl through all the upcoming tourneys on a regular basis and may therefore miss many opportunities to participate in the TPA. Could I suggest that you compile a list of interested players that will be PM'ed with upcoming tourney details in good time for us to sign up if we wish?

TPA tourneys will be started once a week, every monday. First, all of them will say TPA on the end in the create/join forum, so it will be easy to see which ones are TPA, it wouldn't take very long. More importantly, there will be a link to each TPA certified tourney thread here in the TPA thread as soon as the tourneys are started. There will be no PM's at all in the first couple of days because we (when I say we, bart did all of the work, but the TO's talked it out a bit in the TO group forum) want everyone to have an equal chance to join the tourneys.

Postby Sir. Ricco on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Just come here for all an any updates. :D
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby reptile on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:31 pm

IN!!!!

lol, j/k. i just saw so many ppl do it and not pay attention to anything anyone has written this far... i hate that!!! couldn't resist the temptation of doing it myself.
Major reptile

Postby YoBFelip on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:29 pm

im in !! good idea
Sergeant 1st Class YoBFelip

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:43 pm

reptile wrote:IN!!!!

lol, j/k. i just saw so many ppl do it and not pay attention to anything anyone has written this far... i hate that!!! couldn't resist the temptation of doing it myself.

phillipm wrote:im in !! good idea
it's like you can predict the future reptile :o
sigh... I'm gonna hope that phillip knows this isn't something you join by saying in (at least not on this thread)

Postby denominator on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:31 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:
reptile wrote:IN!!!!

phillipm wrote:im in !! good idea
it's like you can predict the future reptile :o
sigh... I'm gonna hope that phillip knows this isn't something you join by saying in (at least not on this thread)

I'm amused by the fact that this thread isn't even in the Create/Join a Tournament forum and yet people keep trying to join. Probably the same people that don't bother reading the entire first post of a tournament thread and just post "in" when the tournament requires extra information.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby Jimmy V on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:29 pm

In please. Sounds like a lot of fun!
Lieutenant Jimmy V

PreviousNext

Return to Super Events/Special Tournaments