Conquer Club

update mechanism change

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

update mechanism change

Postby sherkaner on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:28 am

It seems like the old way of updating used in both Clickable Maps and BOB doesn't work on all systems any more (especially mine :P).
It is a new thing, I just installed an older version and it's suffering from the same problem, even though at that time there were no errors.

It used to open a window, load the URL of UserScripts and close the window directly. This would create a popup about installing the script, which didn't disappear when closing the window. Now it does disappear when closing the window on some systems, and since it's done immediately.. No way to update through that any more.

Switching to a simpler mechanism now, but I'll have to tell people to upgrade through a link.

If someone uses the same mechanism, it might be good to change it.
Colonel sherkaner

Re: update mechanism change

Postby Dako on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:28 am

Just comment out win.close()line.Than the window will be opened and will be closed by Greasemonkey itself. That is what I use in my script - you can try it locally - works perfect.

I noticed that odd behaviout about a week ago and just changed the code - looks like you didn't update the version for some time and thus haven't seen this change.
Colonel Dako

Re: update mechanism change

Postby sherkaner on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:20 am

Hmm, the window doesn't close for me (tested with your script to make sure). I'll set the href of the link on the script link now, that does the trick (and is easier), though I guess at some time that didn't work.
Colonel sherkaner

Return to Tool Archives