Conquer Club

Anti Flirting?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Anti Flirting?

Postby Dariune on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:18 am

Hi all

I am not posting this in the flame forum because i am hoping this can be a discussion instead of a row and therefore can we talk amiably unless there is no other choice.

I was hoping all the people who have a problem with flirting would maybe understand something here.

I have noticed a lot of people making comments on the guys who "Hump the womens legs" or flirt with the ladies and i wanted people to know that i think this is unfair.

When you get a community with both women and men isnt it inevitable that eventually flirting my occur?

Yes a lot of the guys here are homing in on the ladies and doing anything they can to get attention. Maybe even see if they cant get the girls to recipricate. And yes this is a Risk game and therefore the main emphasis of conversation should be on Risk in some way, shape or form.
But thats why we have the general discussion. This is the social lounge.

You say the guys are losers. Well yes, the sad truth is there are probably some guys (and girls) on this forum who find it very hard to attract the opposite sex because they are not (or dont consider themselves to be) attractive. Perhaps while playing risk they have found someone of the opposite sex who gives them the attention they feel they cant get in reallife. Whats the problem with that?

Some of the guys are bored at work. I will use me as an example. My job often means i am on the phone to (for want of a stronger word) irritating people a lot of the day. Therefore to engage my mind i spend time on forums here and play risk. Now i have a girlfriend and one i am very fond of. I wouldnt cheat on her. But some playful banter with say Cynthia or S.X.Kitten helps me to while away the time and who ever i am playing with. Is there anything wrong with that?

Some guys/girls are very successul (sp^) with the opposite sex and yet because they find a personality or picture of someone here appealing they cant help but flirt. Cynthia would be my example there. Is there anything wrong with that?

All im saying is, whatever the reason it in my opinion generally justified and generally all in good fun. I dont understand the recent outbreak of harsh comments aimed at those involved in the aforementioned fun.

If you have managed to read this far i think i should thankyou for actually bothering to read this far and inform you that there are no refunds on the time you just lost reading my shite post.

Thanks
Lieutenant Dariune

Postby DiM on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:50 am

you're a perv :lol:

ontopic: i don't see anything wrong with flirting as long as it does not offend any of the 2 persons involved or the other players on the map. :wink:

PS: what would your girlfriend say if she knew you're flirting on CC??
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Dariune on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:58 am

im not flirting and havent flirted. Im just justifying it for those who do.
And if i am playful with another person then my girlfriend normally hears of it and laughs.

you're a perv

Yes. I am male.
Lieutenant Dariune

Postby Wisse on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:02 am

if the girl/boy/man/woman you flirt with likes it than its good otherwise not

and what means (sp^)?
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Kahless on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:04 am

I thought the subject was auntie flirting... now that I would be against :lol: :oops:
Cook Kahless

Postby Kahless on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:08 am

Wisse wrote:and what means (sp^)?

(sp) means you're unsure of the spelling of the previous word
Cook Kahless

Postby Kahless on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:09 am

Dariune wrote:im not flirting and havent flirted. Im just justifying it for those who do.
And if i am playful with another person then my girlfriend normally hears of it and laughs.

you're a perv

Yes. I am male.

so's the pope, so was gandhi :lol:
Cook Kahless

Postby heavycola on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:11 am

Kahless wrote:
Dariune wrote:im not flirting and havent flirted. Im just justifying it for those who do.

you're a perv

Yes. I am male.

...and your point is...
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Kahless on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:12 am

heavycola wrote:
Kahless wrote:

you're a perv

Yes. I am male.

...and your point is...

they must be pervs too, according to Dariune 8)
Cook Kahless

Postby Kid_A on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:13 am

if someone doesn't like it, then they shouldn't be here
Major Kid_A

Postby Dariune on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:19 am

Kahless wrote:
heavycola wrote:
Kahless wrote:

you're a perv

Yes. I am male.

...and your point is...

they must be pervs too, according to Dariune 8)

That was exactly my point :)
Lieutenant Dariune

Postby Kid_A on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:24 am

Kahless wrote:

you're a perv

Yes. I am male.

well gandhi was a mac daddy pimp. everyone knew that,
..... and the pope....well cmon. those catholic men just cant get enough of them little boys :D
Major Kid_A

Postby Cynthia on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:39 am

My name was mentioned twice :shock:

Personally I think it's totally lame. I would never consider flirting on the internet :roll: Those people are totally retarded :roll:

No, but seriously though, if people have a problem with other people just having some fun on the internet, they are lame. Like when I ''flirt'' with some of the guys on this site, it's just for fun, and we all know it. I wouldn't even call it real flirting. I don't see the big deal.
Corporal 1st Class Cynthia

Postby Kid_A on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:43 am

Cynthia wrote:Personally I think it's totally lame when I flirt with some of the guys on this site

well that was kinda mean cyn :P
Major Kid_A

Postby Dariune on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:57 am

[quote="Cynthia"]My name was mentioned twice :shock:

Is that a problem?
Lieutenant Dariune

Postby Cynthia on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:03 am

Dariune wrote:
Cynthia wrote:My name was mentioned twice :shock:

Is that a problem?

Nah, not really. I just noticed 8)

Postby heavycola on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:06 am

<----- has cam, PM me if interested
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Cynthia on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:08 am

heavycola wrote:<----- has cam, PM me if interested

:lol:

Postby Dariune on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:12 am

heavycola wrote:<----- has cam, PM me if interested

Ive seen your Avatar. No thanks =;
Lieutenant Dariune

Postby Spuzzell on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:26 am

I don't have a problem with flirting, just with moronic flirting :-)

If it's amusing and clever, go for it. A lot of the stuff on here is just dull though.

Thing is, most of the amusing and clever people will already have someone, and that's a bit different.

I try to think about what I say to people who aren't my girlfriend in terms of how I'd feel if it was her posting it to another guy, and most of the time I wouldn't think flirting was appropriate.

Anyway, I'm an arrogant son of a bitch with a high sense of selfworth, I'll only flirt if I think the girl is worth my time. Just having boobs isn't enough for me. Not saying anything about the girls here, but if any of them measure up to my honey I'll be very surprised.

God, I'm up myself.

So, what was I saying? Um. Oh yeah. Flirt away, just don't be dull. And I'm too good to bother with it. Heh.
Corporal 1st Class Spuzzell

Postby DIXIE on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:13 am

Flirting is that,,just fun doesnt mean a thing,people usually come to these places/sites to relax have a good time socialize usually working people,,or teens out of school,so everyone is looking to let loose a little maybe??and is that so bad??i dont think it is,,if you are offended by someone block/iggy them thats what i do..if you dont want to get hit on believe me there are those that do just tell the person they will move on ,works for me anyway.
I have to say its way worse on the ladies than you guys point is we get a bad rep,,and disliked by the other girls thats not cool :?
Cook DIXIE

Postby autoload on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:24 am

I make it a point to not flirt. Not that I have a problem with someone else flirting if they want.

Funny thing is I dated a girl I met on a game forum for about 10 months and never flirted with her before we started dating. She organized a face to face gathering of the forum posters, and I attended on a whim. We just happened to hit it off in real life.

Eventually, the relationship didn't work out.
Major autoload

Postby Cynthia on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:28 am

DIXIE wrote:Flirting is that,,just fun doesnt mean a thing,people usually come to these places/sites to relax have a good time socialize usually working people,,or teens out of school,so everyone is looking to let loose a little maybe??and is that so bad??i dont think it is,,if you are offended by someone block/iggy them thats what i do..if you dont want to get hit on believe me there are those that do just tell the person they will move on ,works for me anyway.
I have to say its way worse on the ladies than you guys point is we get a bad rep,,and disliked by the other girls thats not cool :?

Well said! =D>

Postby static_ice on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:30 am

well now that cynthia is a kiwi she shouldn't be having much trouble anymore...
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Cynthia on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:32 am

static_ice wrote:well now that cynthia is a kiwi she shouldn't be having much trouble anymore...

Hey that kiwi looks delicious! :P And you know it

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,