Conquer Club

Bus of baseball players goes over ramp..

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Bus of baseball players goes over ramp..

Postby morph on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:49 pm

im sure most people who watch the news heard this... they think he just made a error and thought it was a exit yet there was no skid marks

ok... when there is a railing in front of you you stomp on the freakin brakes... even a lil bit.. he did not...

from what i see and the location shots they showed around the accident and where they fell off from.... just thinking but maybe he fell asleep, and the reason why there was no skid marks was because he didint realize it till he was in mid air...

i dont mean to speak ill of him or anything, but i do plan to sit here and call the media idiots... anyone else agree?[/b]
I am slowly going insane, thanks to Jay, Brandon (the douch tool) and sammy gags for his pic of bubba....
Cadet morph

Location: Behind you, no stop turnin in circles your makin me dizzy

Postby everywhere116 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:50 pm

Can you post a link so we can see it?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby wicked on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

Well from what I read, sounded like the driver was confused. The HOV lane exited in the median onto a direct access ramp, which came to a T-intersection. I'm betting the driver thought he was was still on the freeway. It's an unfortunate tragedy.
Major wicked

Postby vgmmaster on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:08 pm

For all those that are interested, here's a link.

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/mar/02 ... bus-crash/
Highest Score: 1304
Corporal 1st Class vgmmaster

Postby wicked on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:14 pm

Major wicked

Postby morph on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:27 pm

wicked wrote:Well from what I read, sounded like the driver was confused. The HOV lane exited in the median onto a direct access ramp, which came to a T-intersection. I'm betting the driver thought he was was still on the freeway. It's an unfortunate tragedy.

there was a huge ass railing... even confused people can see it and hit the breaks to make skid marks..
I am slowly going insane, thanks to Jay, Brandon (the douch tool) and sammy gags for his pic of bubba....
Cadet morph

Postby wicked on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:36 pm

Not if the intersection was not well lit and you thought you were still on the freeway. The HOV lane splits before the exit... he got in the wrong lane. The bus driver was from rural Ohio; I doubt he had much experience with direct access HOV ramps. Again, I haven't looked at the actual crash data, but this is what I do for a living. I'm guessing driver expectancy & lack of experience with this type of facility played a huge role in this crash. At the speed he was traveling, by the time he would've seen the any guardrail it may have been to late to react.
Major wicked

Postby Jesse, Bad Boy on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:39 pm

wicked wrote:Not if the intersection was not well lit and you thought you were still on the freeway. The HOV lane splits before the exit... he got in the wrong lane. The bus driver was from rural Ohio; I doubt he had much experience with direct access HOV ramps. Again, I haven't looked at the actual crash data, but this is what I do for a living. I'm guessing driver expectancy & lack of experience played a huge role in this crash. At the speed he was traveling, by the time he would've seen the any guardrail it may have been to late to react.

What do you do for a living? Driving, or statistics?
Cadet Jesse, Bad Boy

Postby wicked on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:40 pm

Traffic Safety Engineer, crash expert
Major wicked

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:31 pm

wicked wrote:Not if the intersection was not well lit and you thought you were still on the freeway. The HOV lane splits before the exit... he got in the wrong lane. The bus driver was from rural Ohio; I doubt he had much experience with direct access HOV ramps. Again, I haven't looked at the actual crash data, but this is what I do for a living. I'm guessing driver expectancy & lack of experience with this type of facility played a huge role in this crash. At the speed he was traveling, by the time he would've seen the any guardrail it may have been to late to react.

do you work with the insurance company?
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby unriggable on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:30 pm

Because of inexperience, six are dead and many are injured. What a waste.
Cook unriggable

Postby sfhbballnut on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:37 pm

I believe the drive thought he had gone the wrong direction on the ramp and tried to correct it, sad event, I've driven through that same spot several times
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby morph on Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:19 pm

headlights would still be able to show the guard rails, he was driving right next to it... headlights to show to the sides...
Cadet morph

Postby wicked on Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:21 pm

morph he didn't go off to the side. go look at the animation on the cnn link I provided.
Major wicked

Postby pitbull 993 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:42 pm

It is really sad. I feel bad forthe families, you would think a bus would be safer than a plane, but when was the last time you heard of a plane crashing due to pilot inexperiance
Hail, Hail, to Michigan, the leaders and the best
Private 1st Class pitbull 993

Postby AK_iceman on Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:44 pm

Good riddance, baseball sucks.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby wicked on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:01 pm

pitbull 993 wrote:It is really sad. I feel bad forthe families, you would think a bus would be safer than a plane, but when was the last time you heard of a plane crashing due to pilot inexperiance

No, MANY more people die in car crashes than in airplane crashes. Society has just accepted fatalities from car crashes because they're usually one or two people per crash, spread out over numerous crashes. Fatalities from plane, bus and train crashes seem much worse because it's a large number of people all at once. I used to give a presentation that started off with crash stats... not sure if these numbers are updated, but approximately 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- that's one death every 13 minutes.
Major wicked

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,