Conquer Club

Should mods be able to hide?

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Should mods gain all the rights and responsibilities and still be able to hide online presence?

Yes, they should be able to maintain their privacy and stay hidden!
62%
No, they accepted privileges AND RESPONSIBILITIES and should accessible to players to help them and should not be hidden from people needing their help!
38%

Total votes : 66

Should mods be able to hide?

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Concise description:
    Mods should not be able to hide their online status

Specifics:
  • It is hard to know who to go to when a problem needs to be adressed or whom to contact in case of a question

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
    Question and problems can be dealt with quicker.

Edwin edit Filed it in the correct form so it can get looked at.
Last edited by army of nobunaga on Mon May 17, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Re: Mods Should not be allowed to hide online status

Postby nagerous on Mon May 17, 2010 9:55 pm

We have the right to privacy, just as much as the average user - if you see a discussion mod post in the forum and therefore appear to be online, but you can't see them in the online section then drop them a PM, I'm sure they will answer it as quickly as possible.
Captain nagerous

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 pm

You have responsibilities... A right to stay hidden from people that need help is pretty crappy.

Hypothetically you are saying its ok for policemen to use an invisibility cloak and not take phone calls.
Maps Maps Maps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby nagerous on Mon May 17, 2010 10:02 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:You have responsibilities... A right to stay hidden from people that need help is pretty crappy.

Hypothetically you are saying its ok for policemen to use an invisibility cloak and not take phone calls.

This is a volunteer job... not paid work like a policeman and if a policeman is off hours he shouldn't have to go around with a massive badge saying I'm a cop when in the mall for example with his family.
Captain nagerous

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon May 17, 2010 10:04 pm

nagerous wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:You have responsibilities... A right to stay hidden from people that need help is pretty crappy.

This is a volunteer job... not paid work like a policeman and if a policeman is off hours he shouldn't have to go around with a massive badge saying I'm a cop when in the mall for example with his family.

I see your points man... but there are literally 100 + mods.... Ive been trying to find a general or discussion one all day.
What is the point of having this many mods if they all stay hidden.

And most mods really suck at the game, so Its not like they are trying to hide for freestyle purposes.

Its a volunteer job, but its a job. a job you accepted.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon May 17, 2010 10:07 pm

I just dont see the point in having so many mods that supposedly accepted additional responsibility if they only want to appear out of thin air when they want to.

It should not work that way.

Thats why I made this thread... Id like to see how non-mods feel. If the majority agree with you so be it.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby nagerous on Mon May 17, 2010 10:08 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:
nagerous wrote:

I see your points man... but there are literally 100 + mods.... Ive been trying to find a general or discussion one all day.
What is the point of having this many mods if they all stay hidden.

And most mods really suck at the game, so Its not like they are trying to hide for freestyle purposes.

Its a volunteer job, but its a job. a job you accepted.

There are plenty of mods online at the moment, I don't see what the problem is, rather than just waiting - watching the who's online section, send out some PMs, file an e-ticket, report a post - there are many channels to go through to get a query answered. It was a job I accepted indeed, but there is no clause in the volunteer agreement, which says anything about showing when you are online all the time.
Captain nagerous

Postby Night Strike on Mon May 17, 2010 10:10 pm

I've hidden mine for a while because I didn't want to get bombarded with privs requests or questions when I only got short periods of time online during the school day. I may unhide it this summer after I get married and settled in.
Major Night Strike

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon May 17, 2010 10:12 pm

So you are saying, you will take the additional responsibility of being in charge... but you are unwilling to give up anything for that responsibility that helps you do your job.

I see your point. I just dont agree.

Ill make an e-ticket, it was answered swiftly last time.. thanx for your great help.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon May 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Night Strike wrote:I've hidden mine for a while because I didn't want to get bombarded with privs requests or questions when I only got short periods of time online during the school day. I may unhide it this summer after I get married and settled in.

Man, If ALL of you unhid... you would not be bombarded.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby edwinissweet on Mon May 17, 2010 10:15 pm

i giggled at the invisibility cloak thing.

I suggest making a poll to see how many people agree with you aon
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon May 17, 2010 10:16 pm

edwinissweet wrote:i giggled at the invisibility cloak thing.

lol, I dont think this is going to add brownie points with the mods.. but I guess Ive never been worried about that. Ill add a poll.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 pm

I hope I'm invited to your wedding NS!

Though I get what aon's saying. Maybe you guys can take turns hiding online status and such?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby edwinissweet on Mon May 17, 2010 10:34 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:

lol, I dont think this is going to add brownie points with the mods.. but I guess Ive never been worried about that. Ill add a poll.

Thats kind of why i think the poll is good. If someone out there is afraid that one of us will abuse their power and ban them or something for posting here, they can secretly "voice" their opinion in the poll.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Re: Should mods be able to hide?

Postby army of nobunaga on Mon May 17, 2010 10:42 pm

ahh, good point.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon May 17, 2010 10:43 pm

edwinissweet wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:

Thats kind of why i think the poll is good. If someone out there is afraid that one of us will abuse their power and ban them or something for posting here, they can secretly "voice" their opinion in the poll.

LOL, OR, you could have said "If someone is afraid that one of us will abuse their power and ban them or something for posting here, THEY SHOULD KNOW THAT WE WOULDN'T DO THAT!"
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue May 18, 2010 10:43 am

I'm thinking of instituting a policy where all Team CC Volunteers must supply their e-mail addresses, cell phone and home phone #'s, work contact information, and family physician for the public.

But, no, really. TeamCC deserves to hide from the masses sometimes. ;) When I first started on Conquer Club, I'm pretty sure I was hidden for about a year or close to. But then I just decided to never hide status---and its been that way since. So if I'm not "online"---I'm not online!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 9:26 pm

andy, how many mods are there.. I know you have the number. If they all unhid.. there would be no mass spam on one person.

You guys take all the privileges and "prestige" of the job.. but there are responsibilities. Its friggin ridiculous, I could not locate a general or discussion mod literally in 15 hours.

Its a fricking job. I know its not paid.. but its a job. Did you guys think its all sunshine and candy? Its a job. With that job, someone needing help should be able to find the online mod that can help them.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue May 18, 2010 9:40 pm

I just counted them, unless their are a few that i don't know of, If you exclude the Administrators, there are a total of 54 moderators. If you count them, and exclude "admin", there are 57 (including Lack).
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 9:45 pm

thats a pretty large number... Im a member of a gun forum that counts 10,000 members and we have like 4 mods.

54 mods... jsut try it for like 3 days.. a 3 day trial... everyone unhide. hell you can have a whac a mod 3 day tournament, but you think you could have a 3 day "here we are" tournament?
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby alex951 on Tue May 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Mods should not hide themselves, but i understand why they do
Corporal alex951

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue May 18, 2010 9:50 pm

If you had a question, you could have posted it in the Q&A section.. Or PMed any discussion mod and waited a few hours, the mods are active, and go on at least once every 24 hours...

I do see your point though, and I am thinking about un-hiding myself right now... but really if you PM any mod, and wait 24 hours, you will have your response
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 9:52 pm

lol, well the mods are against it... ironic.

shocking, i thought you were all here to help in any way you could.

rofl.

somewhere along the way, a lot of you lost your way.

I never see half of you do anything.. for fucks sakes I never even see half of you.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 9:54 pm

i wanted to lock a fucking thread for 12 hours.... and you know what you people... you "helpers" have told me?

Instead of you being available, I should have created a thread in Q&A that said "Hello I need a thread locked"

ridiculous... and if you dont agree you need to check yourself.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Night Strike on Tue May 18, 2010 9:55 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:lol, well the mods are against it... ironic.

shocking, i thought you were all here to help in any way you could.

rofl.

somewhere along the way, a lot of you lost your way.

I never see half of you do anything.. for fucks sakes I never even see half of you.

You don't have to see a mod online to see them doing things. Most mods only need to answer PMs and read threads, so unless they're posting or directly contacting you, then you don't necessarily see their work.
Major Night Strike

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions