Conquer Club

Can I do that......

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Can I do that......

Postby Antarctic_Moses on Fri May 28, 2010 11:57 pm

Is it allowed to set up a tournament where you start using three diferent maps(X,Y,Z). Each map would have three differnet games being played with three players ( lets call this level one)three games of map x, with three players in each game for a total of nine players, ect. for map y and map z. A total of twenty seven players in the tournament. once level one has been completed than the winners play each other for level two using a different map ( level one is map x, level two becomes map y) than the winers of level two play each other for level three on a new map.
Private Antarctic_Moses

Re: Can I do that......

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat May 29, 2010 12:01 am

I'm a bit confused, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with that idea
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby Antarctic_Moses on Sat May 29, 2010 12:09 am

Is there a part that I can clairify for you.
Private Antarctic_Moses

new player tournament. Very Basic

Postby Antarctic_Moses on Sat May 29, 2010 3:09 am

does the following leagally make a tournament, or is there something more to this.....I would like some feed back from the tournament GODS, please

New player’s tournament. Very basic

This is an introduction to tournaments, for new players, and for me. It is open to twenty seven (27) players, and will be played on four maps. The players will be assigned according to random.org sequence generator (the smallest value of 1, the largest value of 27, formatted in 9 columns). Your Number will be determined by the sequence that you sign up, the first to sign up will be 1, the fifth to sign up will be 5, an the twenty seventh to sign up will be 27. This is a single elimination game. Once you loose, your out. The first 27 to reply will be accepted into the game, any other replies will be used as reserves. The are no prizes for winning except the experience of playing in a tournament.

Round One

There are three maps in this round, North America (x), Africa (y), and Asia (z). Each map will have three different games of three players each, for a total of twenty seven players. Each winning player will be awarded 40 points (20 points will be deducted from each loosing player and passed onto the winning player) Once all the games are completed, the tournament will progress to round two.

Round Two

The winners of the (x) map will play against each other on the (y) map. The winners of the (y) map will play against each other on the (z) map and same for the last group. Each winning player will be awarded 80 points (40 points will be deducted from each loosing player and passed onto the winning player) Once all games are completed, the tournament will progress into round three.

Round Three

The final game will be for the Classic. The winners from round two will play against each other. The winning player will be awarded 160 points (80 points will be deducted from each loosing player and passed onto the winner)

Every game will be Standard, Sequential, and Manuel
Flat Rate, Chained, and No fog
Private Antarctic_Moses

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat May 29, 2010 9:36 am

So you want the set-up to look like this:
Round 1:
Map x
Game 1: Player 1 v. Player 2 v. Player 3
Game 2: Player 4 v. Player 5 v. Player 6
Game 3: Player 7 v. Player 8 v. Player 9
Map y
Game 4: Player 10 v. Player 11 v. Player 12
Game 5: Player 13 v. Player 14 v. Player 15
Game 6: Player 16 v. Player 17 v. Player 18
Map z
Game 7: Player 19 v. Player 20 v. Player 21
Game 8: Player 22 v. Player 23 v. Player 24
Game 9: Player 25 v. Player 26 v. Player 27

Round 2:
Map x
Game 10: Winner of game 4 v. Winner of game 5 v. Winner of game 6
Map y
Game 11: Winner of game 7 v. Winner of game 8 v. Winner of game 9
Map z
Game 12: Winner of game 1 v. Winner of game 2 v. Winner of game 3

Round 3(Finals):
Map ???
Game 13: Winner of game 10 v. Winner of game 11 v.Winner of game 12
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Lindax on Sat May 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Antarctic_Moses wrote:I would like some feed back from the tournament GODS, please

Here's a Tournament God. I merged your two topics, because they were about the same thing.

The way you explain your tournament I don't see a problem with it. The only thing is that you cannot give and take actual points. The participants will win or lose points according to the scoring system that is in place already on this website.

On the other hand, if you run this as an official tournament, the winner will get a Tournament Achievement Medal and so will you, for organizing it.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby PaulusH on Sat May 29, 2010 2:52 pm

The Gods here give (virtual) medals =D> =D>

As tournament organizer you could give each participant 20 virtual cola-glases (or something else; I would advice someting typical for your location). After that your nice tournament proposal can run as described only instead of points people will give virtual cola glases :mrgreen:
At the end the winner will have 160 virtual cola-glases and a cc-medal 8-)
Major PaulusH

Postby Antarctic_Moses on Sat May 29, 2010 4:30 pm

I have woken the Gods, and i a loud thunderest voice they spoke.......

Thank You too IamKoolerthanu, Lindax, And Paulush for you help and mentorship.

Iamkoolerthanu - Yes you got the game write, thank you for laying it out in a more understandable format,

Lindax - Thank You for clarifing about the points. I was having a hard time understanding that part of the handbook. I will remove the parts about giving and taking points and add a comment about the tournament winner receiving a metal.

Paulush - Thank You for your help, but I am unclear as were the virtual coka-glasses come from, it is a intresting idea, and i may use it in future tournaments after I get a stronger grasp of how to run a tournament. 8-[
Private Antarctic_Moses

Return to Tournament Archives