Gameplay: The map has 107 territories, of which are: 16 bases 2 islands 1 south pole 4 sectors 7 ice shelves 77 land territories divided to 11 areas
- Standard reinforcement: +1 for each 3 territories / minimum of 3 applies.
- Starting points are bases A-P. Each base gives +1 autodeploy and one-way assaults the land territory they are in. The bases can only be assaulted from South Pole. - Bases start with 5 troops. Leftover bases start with 5 neutrals. - At least one base is needed to stay in the game.
- Land territories give a +2 bonus for each 2 territories in the same area. They lose 1 troop per turn. - Land territories start with 2 neutrals.
- Islands do nothing. They have no decay and give no bonus. - Islands start with 2 neutrals.
- Sectors 1-4 lose 3 troops each turn. They are connected to neighboring sectors and land areas. They can assault South Pole. - South Pole loses 10 troops each turn. It can one-way assault all bases. It can assault back to sectors. - Holding South pole + all Sectors gives a +30 bonus. - Sectors start with 3 neutrals each. South pole starts with 30 neutrals.
- Ice shelves reset to 2 neutral when held. - Ice shelves start with 2 neutrals.
White ice, penguin habitat and mountains are impassable.
Why would it be better? And like said, eipi's permission would be required for that... I don't think he is on this site anymore.
1) The map has a lot of gameplay kinks worked out already 2) its a solid idea 3) All the graphics nitpicks are about done. 4) It's got a lot of support 5) we'll have an antarctic map within in about a month 6) I would avoid a lot of redundancy
natty_dread wrote:IH, why do you only address the first part of my post but ignore the second?
1. Why would it be better? 2. And like said, eipi's permission would be required for that... I don't think he is on this site anymore.
Well, I figured it didn't need answering. If someone was going to pick up his map a pm would be in order, which presuming he has email notifications still on then he would get the message. And I presume there's one way or another to get an email address.
I'm just throwing this out there has anyone played Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for the nintendo ds? i think it would be quite the epic map if it had alternate universes and demons and such... I'm not crazy, it's just that it was set in Antarctica and it came up in my head when i saw the thread
Industrial Helix wrote:Well it doesn't have to be the exact title and gameplay as the Nintendo game... demons of Antarctica isn't a copyrighted concept.
But I dunno how well it would fly anyway.
Yeah like I said, I just want to do the Antarctic map for now. Eipi hasn't responded so far, I'll give it a few days, but if he doesn't, then my offer stands for the gameplay makers...
If no one wants to do the gameplay for the map, and eipi doesn't show up to give permission, then I'll make the gameplay myself eventually, but that will mean this map will be delayed quite a bit - at least until Lunar war is finished.