- Make the colour of blue army numbers slightly lighter.
- It is now THIS but I would rather see it as something like THIS.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- Currently, the blue numbers are hard to see on black or dark background. This presents problems on maps like Conquer Man, Tamriel or Ancient Greece. Making it lighter would eliminate these problems.
- It would also allow mapmakers more leeway in the making of future maps. Currently you always need to worry if the blue numbers will be legible in your map, and thus you can't make the area where the numbers go too dark. This places limitations on graphical design of maps and forces many mapmakers to use army circles where they otherwise wouldn't be necessary.
- Blue is the only colour with these problems. All the other army number colours are fine. So by lightening just one colour, we can get maps with more various graphical styles in the future, and solve legibility problems on a few older maps.
[MOD EDIT: I am deleting the poll that was at the top of the post because it is not a good poll. A better poll would have included the option for no change.
Here is the poll that was in place and the results:
Which color would you support changing blue to?
This? - 46 votes
Or This? - 50 votes