Conquer Club

Whac-A-Mod 3 [COMPLETE!]

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Whac-A-Mod 3 Weekend -- EXTENDED!

Postby GoranZ on Sun May 30, 2010 5:51 pm

If every win count I have one for the community :D

Game 6984560

P.S. Maybe we should calculate points in the next whac instead of wins...
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby ender516 on Sun May 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Your P.S. is a very good idea. Calculating points instead of wins would help to quell the complaints about mods picking and choosing their opponents for easy wins. You don't get many points for beating a cook.
Would Map Rank or something like it be able to chart points in Whac-A-Mod tournament games and total things up for mods and muggles?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Masli on Mon May 31, 2010 1:45 am

MODS : 308 - 285
19 games ongoing
Colonel Masli

Postby Jace22 on Mon May 31, 2010 2:56 am

aww, mods win. We'll get you next time
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon May 31, 2010 9:38 am

Jace22 wrote:aww, mods win. We'll get you next time

:twisted:
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Natascha on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:16 am

by der sniffter on Thu May 27, 2010 12:47 am

lol natascha, only divededbyzero and blitzaholic whacked a mod, no medal for you there big sister.

when will the medals be rewarded?Good friends we had!!, Good friends we've lost, along the way!!

NOT true sniff, winning a game means a medal. ;)

cheers,
Tascha
FBI = Fabulous Body Inside
Sergeant Natascha

Postby amazzony on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:27 am

I would like to remind everybody that it's supposed to be a fun event which gives everybody a chance to play against people who you might not end up playing every day. Yes, score is kept but it shouldn't be the number 1 purpose of WAM and main goal is to have fun and show that there shouldn't be a gap between mods and non-mods - we are all people who enjoy playing this great game.

grifftron wrote:lol... we all know the mods will win because of all those "join only if your a freemium" or "PM me so i can look at your low score before you join" games. ;)

grifftron, I don't know if you were joking or being serious but the games specifically created for freemiums were to make sure that they also get a chance. I think we were expecting more speed games to be made than actually were and the casual freemium-only's were to assure that all members of the community get a chance to fight for a medal.

I believe that "PM for password" games were made to assure that people who haven't had a chance to win a medal yet could get into games. Before password was given, it was checked that the player hadn't won a medal yet or isn't playing other games. I can say it only for my own games, of course, but I think many TeamCC members thought/acted the same way.

There's still 17 active games left to be finished. After all those end, the Entertainment team will make final counting of the score, bring you the results and hand out medals.
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby GoranZ on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:07 pm

ender516 wrote:Your P.S. is a very good idea. Calculating points instead of wins would help to quell the complaints about mods picking and choosing their opponents for easy wins. You don't get many points for beating a cook.
Would Map Rank or something like it be able to chart points in Whac-A-Mod tournament games and total things up for mods and muggles?

1 vs 1 games in reality cant change a lot if points are calculated instead of wins so I dont see games agents cooks as problem. On top of this I doubt there are many teams with all cook members. On average 1 v 1 game can bring ~20 points but with 4 v 4 we have very different story and different outcome in the tournament. I hope my idea will be accepted for the next Whac-A-Mod.
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm going to laugh if one of those games turns into a build game
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby DresdenSooner on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:39 am

I had fun. I didn't gang up on any mods and I won a game or two. When do I get my medal?

DS
Highest Rank: Major May24,2010
Sergeant 1st Class DresdenSooner

Postby Masli on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:41 am

DresdenSooner wrote:I had fun. I didn't gang up on any mods and I won a game or two. When do I get my medal?

DS

after all the games have finished, 9 games still ongoing
Colonel Masli

Postby ender516 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:13 am

Maybe the title of this topic should be updated to show the games remaining to be completed, so people won't have to ask about the medals again and again. Say, "Whac-A-Mod 3 Weekend -- 9 games to complete before medal distribution can begin".
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Re: Whac-A-Mod 3 -- 9 games remaining!

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:24 am

I can't wait! Hurry up and give me my medal for surviving 6 (more I think) games. :D what am I saying, I'm one of the 9 remaining games. :lol:
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Falkomagno on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:16 am

Final standings?
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:25 pm

Falk, look up. There are still 9 games going...

So there are no Final Standings yet.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Whac-A-Mod 3 -- 6 games remaining!

Postby Master Fenrir on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:40 am

Game 6977255

Mods win. 5 games left.
General Master Fenrir

Re: Whac-A-Mod 3 -- 5 games remaining!

Postby Falkomagno on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Well, partial Standings?
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby grifftron on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:28 am

ama, i was joking...

whats the current standings anyways?

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Big Whiskey on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Game 6977300 Community wins.

4 games left
General Big Whiskey

Postby TeeGee on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:01 pm

grifftron wrote:

Mods - too many
Community - not enough
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby amazzony on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:06 am

grifftron wrote:ama, i was joking...

Okidoki! It's hard to get it through internet so I just thought that I'll add a comment about it, in case somebody does think that way :)

Also, there's still 3 active games, we'll make summary as soon as those end, just a little bit patience, gals and guys!
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:20 am

ender516 wrote:Your P.S. is a very good idea. Calculating points instead of wins would help to quell the complaints about mods picking and choosing their opponents for easy wins. You don't get many points for beating a cook.

I accuse the mods of a lot of stuff (just ask any of them ;) but when it comes to these competitions, I'm sorry, but stop whining, folks. The mods put a lot of variety of games out there, and did not pick and choose who'd join. They did reserve a few games for free players, quite a few games... but they did not limit those games to cooks, cadets, etc., and they did not "pick and choose" who they'd play. It was totally up to the members to search out the passwords for the maps they wished to challenge a mod on.

In some cases, they scattered hints for passwords around the CC globe. In some cases, they put open passwords. In some cases, they held the password just to ensure that only freemium players got to play those games. In some cases, they posted team games and said, "first team come, first team served" - guaranteeing whichever 'first team' sent in, got to play with players of their choice rather than get stranded with teammates they didn't know. And, when folks requested specific games from specific mods, for the most part they agreed...

The only one I saw disagree was because the dude admitted he had already won a medal. This last item may be the closest anyone could argue for mods "picking and choosing" in order to win overall. Hell, I'll even grant you that point, if you wish: "mods chose not to lose a second time to the same dude, if they could help it." I think the reason the stock market crashed last year was because the CC community lost "whac a mod" to the pick-n-choose mods. I think the price of CC just tripled. I think everyone who lost but didn't win a whac-a-mod game has to fork over $25 to remain an active member for the next year. Plus, I think every volunteer mod is getting a double-pay bonus for winning whac-a-mod 2010...(to clarify that, that means, those volunteers are getting exactly squat if they happen to 'win' this overall challenge, just like they get exactly squat when they lose the whac-a-mod challenge.)

I mean, jeeeeeeeeeeeez, folks, they bent over backwards, did what they could, to enable and encourage a bunch of people to have fun playing "treasure hunt" and get an extra icon on their wall of medals.. and their reward is to be accused of cheating to do it!!!???

I've never seen any three mods together agree on any one thing before, but according to folks here, suddenly they colluded in an 100%-all-mods-think-alike scheme to win whac-a-mod 2010. I really don't think any mod is that desperate for bragging rights.

*end rant*
Sergeant stahrgazer

Re: Whac-A-Mod 3 -- 3 games remaining!

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 am

Lets not let any of the minor annoyances ruin our memory of the fun!

It was a great event---more participated in this Whac-a-Mod, both from a TeamCC side and from a Community side, than in any other Whac-a-Mod event. I also think this is one of our current biggest events---and surely one of the biggest Medal Giving events! :D

Congrats to everyone who participated. I look forward to seeing the final wrap-up, tallies, summaries, and results.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Whac-A-Mod 3 -- 3 games remaining!

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Lets not let any of the minor annoyances ruin our memory of the fun!

It was a great event---more participated in this Whac-a-Mod, both from a TeamCC side and from a Community side, than in any other Whac-a-Mod event. I also think this is one of our current biggest events---and surely one of the biggest Medal Giving events! :D

Congrats to everyone who participated. I look forward to seeing the final wrap-up, tallies, summaries, and results.

--Andy

I second this!
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 am

TeeGee wrote:
grifftron wrote:

Mods - not enough
Community - too many

Fixed. :twisted:

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives