Conquer Club

Mobil Phone Gaming

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mobil Phone Gaming

Postby b42cmc on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:54 am

I have a mobil phone, MS software, and when I log onto CC the map doesn't line up with the troop placements. I can do whatever I like but the map is screwy. Is this because CC does not sync to mobil phones, am I supposed to loggin a different way, or is there special software I need to download?
Sergeant 1st Class b42cmc

Re: Mobil Phone Gaming

Postby Dako on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:20 am

Well, I am able to browse CC (haven't tried to play it) with my HTC (Windows CE 6, Opera browser). Looks and works fine there.

Maybe you need to try different browser on your phone?
Colonel Dako

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:24 pm

On a side note---though related---we are looking into Iphone Applications.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby TheSaxlad on Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:22 pm

nice idea, a conquer club app for me would be amazing since i do most of my stuff on an ipod touch. Keep going with it andy!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:19 am

AndyDufresne wrote:On a side note---though related---we are looking into Iphone Applications.

--Andy

That would be great!!
Major Kabanellas

Postby gimil on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:38 am

AndyDufresne wrote:On a side note---though related---we are looking into Iphone Applications.

--Andy

What about the old blackberry will it get an app? It has just as large a market and would get me right back into playing conquerclub more if I could play my turns on the go!
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby harrisonhjones on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:20 am

*Shameless plug for an android application*

Have y'all (conquer club admins) made any (detailed) plans to build conquer club android/iphone/blackberry apps?
Sergeant harrisonhjones

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:31 am

a cc iphone app would be awesome :)
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby kevinh90 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:14 pm

an android app would probably be enough to get me to buy premium again

I have an HTC Evo 4g on Sprint. Android 2.1, rooted.
Captain kevinh90

Postby hankpalan on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:01 pm

+1 for Android app. Sometimes I'm away from my computer for more than 24 hrs and I miss turns.
Sergeant hankpalan

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:04 pm

An Iphone App will probably be the first dip into Mobil Phone Gaming. We'll see how the process and development of that goes over the next few months, and move from there.

--Andy

Postby ender516 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Sounds like a good project for the Web Developer, if he has iSkills.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Dako on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:38 am

Mobile apps are hard. I mean really.
Colonel Dako

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:55 am

ender516 wrote:Sounds like a good project for the Web Developer, if he has iSkills.

Lack currently has a project PDF, and looking into a few Companies and Developers for estimates.

--Andy

Postby shocked439 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:46 pm

I play from my iPhone 75% of the time. I wouldn't reccomend speed or freestyle with it but it works well. I never understood the need for a mobile app when the web site is functional in the mobile browser. But if they did make an iPhone app I'd consider downloading it. Since there is no flash on the site though safari works fine. It kind feels like I'm "zoom text" but anyone who has an iPhone should be used to that feeling when browsing.
Sergeant shocked439

Postby b42cmc on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:24 pm

All right, I figured out how to line up the map.. it was in my view settings. Now my problem is the troop numbers and player colors fail to show up in the circles! this is making me nuts!
Sergeant 1st Class b42cmc

Postby yourpadre on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:42 am

I trying to do a app for my Android. I started the last Sunday 8.

My first problem is the login.php page.
When a made a request using a GET I received only 2 cookies, but using Firefox I received 3 cookies.
The missing cookie is PHPSESS.

The second problem is when I do a login submit, one javascript function is executed and generate some value.

I'll make more test about the first problem to see what is happening.
The second problem looks more easy.

EDITED: I found both problems. I can login!!! :lol:
Corporal yourpadre

Postby doro on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:08 am

b42cmc wrote:All right, I figured out how to line up the map.. it was in my view settings. Now my problem is the troop numbers and player colors fail to show up in the circles! this is making me nuts!

I have the same problem, did you ever find a solution b42cmc?
Lieutenant doro

Postby phantomzero on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:17 pm

WinDev Mobile works really well for developing mobile applications. http://www.windev.com/windevmobile/index.html

It works with all mobile platforms except Blackberry and iPhone, but it does work well with android and Windows CE and Mobile. http://www.pcsoft-windev-webdev.com/WM15brochure.pdf
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby IcePack on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:18 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
ender516 wrote:Sounds like a good project for the Web Developer, if he has iSkills.

Lack currently has a project PDF, and looking into a few Companies and Developers for estimates.

--Andy

My brother works for a company who designs iphone apps - feel free to contact me if you're still shopping around for one.

Cheers,
IcePack
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby dazerazer on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:49 am

May I go on record please as a HUGE HUGE supporter of this idea..... Having worked for Apple for two and a half years I have most of the iProducts and to have CC available on the iPhone would be very wise move. I personally have a GIANT network of gaming friends that are iPhone only gamers. It sucks having to tell them that they cant play with me unless they play on a computer. A good majority do not even own computers. So YAAAAAY to this! =D>
How much you want for Daze? (Culs De Sac on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:33 pm)
She's priceless, Culs. ;-P (MudPuppy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 pm)
Major dazerazer

Postby psychobkrazy on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:06 am

CC works fine for me using Android and the Dolphin HD browser.
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Sergeant 1st Class psychobkrazy

Postby KingRat on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:16 am

dazerazer wrote:May I go on record please as a HUGE HUGE supporter of this idea..... Having worked for Apple for two and a half years I have most of the iProducts and to have CC available on the iPhone would be very wise move. I personally have a GIANT network of gaming friends that are iPhone only gamers. It sucks having to tell them that they cant play with me unless they play on a computer. A good majority do not even own computers. So YAAAAAY to this! =D>

For someone who worked at apple seems strange you wouldn't tell your friends they can play cc on any apple product that runs safari (iTouch,iPhone,iPad).
Cook KingRat

Postby jleaux on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:41 pm

I occasionally play on my iPhone, but I'm never happy about it. No fun having to constantly scroll back and forth between the map and the interface.

I would happily pay $10 for an app that let me interact directly with the map a la clickables.
Lieutenant jleaux

Postby ScavengerType on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:40 pm

jleaux wrote:I occasionally play on my iPhone, but I'm never happy about it. No fun having to constantly scroll back and forth between the map and the interface.

I would happily pay $10 for an app that let me interact directly with the map a la clickables.

An app would be nice, I'm not sure how much I'd pay for it ($10? please), but the reason I think that using CC in safari is so painful (though I used to miss turns when I was on vacation) is because it has no mobile support. Many websites nowadays have a separate format for mobiles but CC does not. When it loads the page it loads the sidebar and the users list beside the map and the actions bar is not under the map where it should be but under the spoils/troops/ect list. This is a waste which makes even an experienced CC iphone or other mobile gamer have to zoom around the page. Not to mention the fact that I can't scroll up or down on the turns list to see who's collected what reinforcements (important for fog games). I think the CC site itself should look into developing a mobile format of the page, which would greatly allow it to grow in market share in the growing smart-phone market.

However, an app would work well enough as well. I think the main problem here is that, though it's easy enough to get a majority of the CCers onto FF to run our scripts, getting enough of them to buy an Iphone or android for example might be a different challenge. Though I think a CC Iphone app would blow the tits off of lux, the other lamer risk knockoff Iphone app which goes for an astronomical $4.99, and it could make for a good share of the market (particularly if it undercut the price by asking 2.99 or 3.99 at first). Might be worth looking into how many sales it would take to break even on development for it or a savy user might try to RE the lux code to make a better version for CC (Maybe using the interface somewhat changing the reinforcements phase/cashing gfx somewhat and adding sub-menus to read the other info on the site). That might be legally dubious though, particularly if you were charging for it.

edit: turns out apple requires a payment of $99 for it's SDK and you (almost) have to have a mac computer to use it. Good luck finding a developer (for Iphone), though someone might throw a cheap interface together for free or cheap just for name recognition. An easy way to do it would be if you could load the components of the web browser separately that would be accessible from a quick sub-menu. Then the only issues would be setting up a clickable maps style interface, though if you could integrate the actions bar with the map page successfully you might make that part passable. Someone who already knew how to develop for Iphone could throw together this interface quickly.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Next

Return to Tool Archives