Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 31: 1-6-10] The Cook needs your Help!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 31: 1-6-10] The Cook needs your Help!

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:28 am

Welcome Comrades to the 31st edition of the Dispatch :)

We have something for everyone in this issue of the dispatch with a re-write of the Chatglove article, a brand new Comic Strip Contest as well as some great articles in every section! :). Make sure you check out the interrogation of thenobodies80 as well, to see the answers he has given to your questions :).

Things to Check out:

We hope you enjoy this weeks issue!

samuelc812 - Editor in Chief

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

The Cook Comic Contest - DIY COOK!

Oh no! The Cook is in trouble. Our editor has misplaced the text from his and his wife's speech bubbles! Can you help the Cook by filling the speech bubbles?

Click image to enlarge.

This issue's The Cook is something different. We're holding a contest to fill the above comic strip with Funny. Be creative and think of something funny to fill the speech bubbles with. The winner will be awarded with 3 months of premium and a contest medal!

So now that you now what's at stake, here's how you enter the contest.

1. Come up with the funny.
2. Write down your text in the following format -

Title = blahblah (optional)
#1 = blahblah
#2 = blahblah
#3 = blahblah

Where "Title" refers to the title, #1 refers to the first speech bubble, #2 to the second etc.

3. Send your entry via private message to Army of GOD.

The contest will run until June 14th or 14-06 in the European date format, the absolute deadline is GMT 13:00 (that's 01:00 pm for you americans) after which no new entries will be accepted.

The winning entry will get his texts on the comic which will be published in the next issue of the Newsletter, in which the winner and top 3 will be announced.

Did I mention the premium prize? ;)

Good luck everyone! May the cook hat be with you.

-natty_dread

It has been another busy three weeks for Conquer Club, including another exciting event hosted by the entertainment team, the third whac-a-mod tournament! Many CCers and mods highly enjoyed this competition and below you shall find a joint article written by me and new discussions moderator and newsletter writer iamkoolerthanu about the fun had during the tournament. Also, this edition following on from the controversy of the last edition's article about the Chatglove, I have written a revised review of the plug-in, which I hope people shall appreciate for giving the plug-in the respect it deserves. elfish_lad and deathcomesrippin have also provided us with free-lance articles about Conquer Club experiences, From the Pit... and Yellow's Rampage. That is not all as we also have an interrogation of foundry moderator thenobodies80. Enjoy!

Nagerous

Review of Whac-a-Mod! by iamkoolerthanu and nagerous
show

From the Pit... by elfish_lad
show

Return of the Chatglove! The Plug-in strikes back! by nagerous
show

Yellow's Rampage by deathcomesrippin
show

Interrogation of thenobodies80
show

In this article you will find updates on all the current, major tournament events. Read what Tupence has to say about his new position. Amazzony has provided us an interview with Lufsen75 and HiglanderAttack concerning Bring it on!!! and Bring it on!!! 2. Get your TPA fix with the “News From the Front” article. In it you will find interviews and updates.

Sir. Ricco
Tournament Editor

News From the Front by the Tournament Newsletter Staff
show

Tupence...Not the Fifth Wheel by Sir. Ricco
show

Interview with lufsen75 about Bring It On and winner of the tournament HiglanderAttack by amazzony
show

Hello everyone! These past weeks have been slow in the Foundry. Or so it would seem, but under the surface lots of things are brewing... However, our beloved Foundry Foreman MrBenn was having some RL troubles, which means no new maps have been put in beta or quenched. Let's hope he can return to his duties soon!
Anyway, in this issue we have Dolomite's history article, Bison King's Map spotlight on the Flanders map, and of course the old favorite, maps in development. Enjoy!
-nd

Foundry News by MarshalNey
show

Map Spotlight: Flanders 1302, Battle of the Golden Spurs by The Bison King
show

History 101: Prohibition Chicago by dolomite13
show

Maps In Development by natty_dread
show

Some players may be wanting a break to watch the World Cup, but competition just gets more intense among the clans. We report on the Conqueror's Cup and Clan League as they enter quarters and semis, and we welcome Masli who has a new brief to keep this crazy schedule moving forward.

News Round-up: Cup, League and more by laughingcavalier
show

Masli - interview with the new clan director by laughingcavalier (AoD)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of jonesthecurl. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with jonesthecurl

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to nagerous and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscibe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
Captain samuelc812

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 31: 1-6-10] The Cook needs your Help!

Postby DubWarrior on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 am

Thanks for another Dispatch, great issue. As a Cook, I'll do a funny thing, I'll promise :D
Cadet DubWarrior

Postby b00kw0rm on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:25 am

Omg! I'm in the newsletter!
My Tournaments:
Age of Conquerors [WINNER: br4nd0n2002]
Team Clash [WINNERS: bfunny27 & DBandit70]
Sibling Rivalry [ONGOING]
Private b00kw0rm

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:38 am

Nice issue. :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby reptile on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:36 pm

excellent issue in every department.
Major reptile

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:05 pm

b00kw0rm wrote:Omg! I'm in the newsletter!

That's what you get for posting in GD ;)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Foxglove on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Thank you, mr. sexy bandit nagerous, for your exquisitely thoughtful and accurate chatglove review!

I appreciate it!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby elfish_lad on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:01 am

Well... a couple of things here Ms. Fox (not speaking "offically" of course):

a) Nag is not that sexy. Oh. He is "sexy" in the general scheme of things (like all CC staff writers) but nothing to write home about over and above the rest;

b) You have always had a hot plug-in and all have known it (anyone who is hot anyway).

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby nagerous on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 am

Foxglove wrote:Thank you, mr. sexy bandit nagerous, for your exquisitely thoughtful and accurate chatglove review!

I appreciate it!

Your welcome ;)

oh and ignore elfish_lad, he is just unable to comprehend the extent of my sexiness!
Captain nagerous

Return to Newsletter Issues