Conquer Club

Official Strategy Guides Project Launching

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Official Strategy Guides Project Launching

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:01 am

Ahoy Conquer Club Members!

Strategy is paramount on Conquer Club, no matter what you intensity-cube-obsessors proclaim ;). So in hopes of improving strategy for both new and old Community members alike, and as a part of our ongoing 'Club betterment', we are rebooting our Official Strategy Guides Project. The overarching goal of this project is provide our Community with some basic strategy information for the many maps we have on Conquer Club. It's a large undertaking, but certainly one that is well worth it. So all this sounds nifty, right? But 'where do I come in', you're asking? Listen up.

We are looking for some Community members that are well versed in a variety of gameplay and map settings to be our 'Strategy Guide Contributors.' You, the Community, will be writing the Official Guides for our maps---following a standardized process of input, discussion, critique, and review before final publishing. One 'Strategy Guide Contributor' will be the 'author' of each Strategy Guide, and much like the production of a map in the Map Foundry, through discussion the author will produce a Strategy Guide by working on their own and listening to the suggestions and advice of other Strategy Guide Contributors. So as a Strategy Guide Contributor, you should expect to help others with their guides, so they can return the favor and help you! It's all about cooperation and teamwork. All Strategy Guides completed in this Project will be 'published' in our Official Guides Forum, with credit given to the author.

To add further incentive, we will also be awarding
General Contribution Medals.
    For every 1 Strategy Guides produced and published by an author, the author receives 1 General Contribution. So if you produce and publish 4 guides you will earn 4 General Contribution Medals detailing your Strategy Guide Contributions.
Who wouldn't want one or more General Contribution Medals decorating their medal profile? :D

And even if you aren't interested in writing your own guide, you are still welcome to help the development of all the other guides. If we have any outstanding contributors who do not create any guides of their own, we may recognize these contributions as well later in the process. So hope is out there for those Contributors as well!

If you are interested in joining and participating in this project, please send a PM following this form to master fenrir:

Subject: Strategy Guide Project

In the Body of your PM, describe any qualifications you think you may have, as well as any map guides you'd especially like to work on, if any.

Join our Project and help make Conquer Club better for everyone---and maybe we can tip the balance on Conquer Club back to strategy from 'random' intensity cubes. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Official Strategy Guides Project Launching

Postby john9blue on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:48 pm

I wrote a Fog of War guide for the Strategy Ad-Hoc group a while back. What happened to it?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Old forum topics are in the archives. If you want access to anything from the old project, it can be retrieved, should you want to participate in the new Strategy Guide Project.

--Andy

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:59 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Old forum topics are in the archives. If you want access to anything from the old project, it can be retrieved, should you want to participate in the new Strategy Guide Project.

--Andy

So you mean to tell us all the guides we spent lots of hours on are totally being wasted? Seems very counter productive.

Edited to add... After the last attempted failure and thus waste of mine and others times. I doubt any of the same people will be back helping. Shame as we had many good guides ready to rock.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Pay attention, Andy already said if you need something from the previous attempts brought out of the archives for use in this project he would be willing to do so.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Pay attention, Andy already said if you need something from the previous attempts brought out of the archives for use in this project he would be willing to do so.

Moot point... I had already read what andy put... but this basically is the same project all over again thus wiping out what we already did.

Edited and to add to that it has been some time since we worked on the project I cannot honestly remember how much was done or what was done now at this point.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby psychobkrazy on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:19 pm

I will do just about anything to get a Special Contribution Medal. :oops: :D :lol: :twisted:
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Sergeant 1st Class psychobkrazy

Postby jrh_cardinal on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:23 pm

psychobkrazy wrote:I will do just about anything to get a Special Contribution Medal. :oops: :D :lol: :twisted:

I actually would like to help on the Civil War one just because I like the map, I want to do a second one to get the medal though :)
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby nagerous on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:32 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:
psychobkrazy wrote:I will do just about anything to get a Special Contribution Medal. :oops: :D :lol: :twisted:

I actually would like to help on the Civil War one just because I like the map, I want to do a second one to get the medal though :)

There is a guide already written on the American Civil War, which you shall find here: viewforum.php?f=374

However, we are also going to go through and check all those guides to see if there are any changes to be made, which you can help with :)
Captain nagerous

Postby jrh_cardinal on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:36 pm

nagerous wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:

There is a guide already written on the American Civil War, which you shall find here: viewforum.php?f=374

However, we are also going to go through and check all those guides to see if there are any changes to be made, which you can help with :)

lol, of course it's one of the 10 or whatever that have already been made :(
I'll still help with that or whatever else you guys need though
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby nagerous on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:
nagerous wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:

lol, of course it's one of the 10 or whatever that have already been made :(
I'll still help with that or whatever else you guys need though

Haha, it is quite the popular map :)

Thanks to all those who have PMed me so far, you shall all hear back soon.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:Pay attention, Andy already said if you need something from the previous attempts brought out of the archives for use in this project he would be willing to do so.

Moot point... I had already read what andy put... but this basically is the same project all over again thus wiping out what we already did.

Edited and to add to that it has been some time since we worked on the project I cannot honestly remember how much was done or what was done now at this point.

I was part of the original group and worked on a lot of guides, some of them that were never published and despite the fact the group went inactive I am keen on it not happening this time and hence am helping lead the group to prevent this from happening again. If you are interested in knowing what you began working on previously, then drop me a PM and I can find out and send it to you. :)
Captain nagerous

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:49 am

Right, Bruce, if you have old material, we can dig it up and you can start it again, or use it in some capacity.

--Andy

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:32 am

I would like to do either 2 or 4 maps.

I feel confident that I can do mostly any map but would really like feudal war. I am sure something is already done there but I can probably improve on it. Then you can pick any other "complex" map. Please let me know.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks for all the interest thus far. :)

--Andy

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:14 pm

lol
i have already sent in a request by pm. i'd like to write about maps, wii poland in particular
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby b00kw0rm on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Are cadets allowed? I like to do stuff like this. Even if I can't figure out what works, I can figure out what doesn't work. :P
My Tournaments:
Age of Conquerors [WINNER: br4nd0n2002]
Team Clash [WINNERS: bfunny27 & DBandit70]
Sibling Rivalry [ONGOING]
Private b00kw0rm

Postby nagerous on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:36 am

b00kw0rm wrote:Are cadets allowed? I like to do stuff like this. Even if I can't figure out what works, I can figure out what doesn't work. :P

We are planning on being very liberal in terms of who we let in to the group initially. As long as members remain active when writing their guides and are willing to listen to constructive criticism and improve on what they've done, especially if for example taking the strategic advice of someone who far outranks you. :)
Captain nagerous

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:40 am

And even if you aren't interested in writing a guide, but are still interested in helping others write guides, there are some spots available too. :D

--Andy

Postby Chuuuuck on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:57 am

I have sent in a PM and a post offering to help with no response. Does that mean I am not qualified? :shock:
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby khazalid on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:14 am

i think they are collating then responding en masse. either that or i've had too many bans to do the apoc one :P
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:40 am

Don't worry, the first group of people will be added soon. I think Nagerous and the other Strategy Guide Leaders, as khazalid mentioned above, will be adding in a big group for this initial launch. And then 1 by 1 as additional users apply down the banana tree road.

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:00 pm

The first interested Strategy Guide Contributors have been added. :)

--Andy

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:34 pm

I have posted 3 times that I would like to help? I never thought it would be so hard to volunteer help. Can I please get some sort of response. I would accept either of the following responses:

"Sure we would love your help, with your knowledge and expertise you are just the kind of player we are looking for. In fact, you are probably the IDEAL player we are looking for. Please help us"

"Hey stupid kid standing in the corner by himself. We figured you would of gotten the hint from us ignoring you the first three times that your kind is not welcome here. I guess you are too stupid to even pick up on that, so let me make this more clear for you. We don't take people that pick their nose, don't shower, and generally have a clueless looking stare on their faces. In short, we only don't take YOU! Now quit bothering us."

I will not be satisfied unless I get one of these responses. Thanks.

EDIT: I am an idiot. I was added. I was just never notified and I never noticed myself! But I also didn't get the proper response I was looking for!
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:34 pm

If you apply, most likely you will be added----and you will notice a special new forum and new category. :D But I'll inform Nagerous to send out a PM next time Contributors get added. :)

--Andy

Next

Return to Announcement Archives