Conquer Club

Show Medal Progress

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Medal Stats Page

Postby ccatman on Sun May 30, 2010 10:11 pm

i was gonna make a new topic about this but has anyone suggested a badge counter? i think it'd be nice to have a page where it can show you all the badges and how close you are to getting each one
General ccatman

Re: Medal Suggestion List

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 31, 2010 1:33 am

ccatman wrote:i was gonna make a new topic about this but has anyone suggested a badge counter? i think it'd be nice to have a page where it can show you all the badges and how close you are to getting each one

I'm assuming you mean "medal" and not badge.

If you download the Map Rank GL plug-in (assuming you use Firefox) you can see what you need to get another medal. I'm not sure what other ways there are.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Re: Medal Suggestion List

Postby ccatman on Mon May 31, 2010 2:45 am

Army of GOD wrote:
ccatman wrote:i was gonna make a new topic about this but has anyone suggested a badge counter? i think it'd be nice to have a page where it can show you all the badges and how close you are to getting each one

I'm assuming you mean "medal" and not badge.

If you download the Map Rank GL plug-in (assuming you use Firefox) you can see what you need to get another medal. I'm not sure what other ways there are.

yeah medal i meant...i play another game where they call them badges and thanks for the info
General ccatman

How close am I to awards

Postby Harper1024 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Concise description:
  • See how far you are from achieving an award.

Specifics/Details:
  • It would be helpful if each user was able to see how far they are away from achieving certain medals.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This is the reason why I played modern warfare so much. Since I knew I was very close to achieving an award. This would make me play more knowing I am 4 speed games away from receiving bronze medal (example).
Sergeant 1st Class Harper1024

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby Jace22 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:34 pm

actually, if you've downloaded map rank for firefox, you can check how close you are to getting your next medal
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22

Postby fumandomuerte on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:54 pm

This should be included in CC. I use Chrome and the map rank doesn't work there.
You got my support Harper1024 ;)
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby grifftron on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:22 pm

sure, maybe someday... but like said above most just use map rank which works fine, and those working on it put in a lot of work making it what it is today... end of conversation.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 pm

grifftron wrote:sure, maybe someday... but like said above most just use map rank which works fine, and those working on it put in a lot of work making it what it is today... end of conversation.

-griff

Although I agree that players do put a lot of time into keeping maprank up and running... this statement hears negates your 'end of conversation' IMO:

fumandomuerte wrote:I use Chrome and the map rank doesn't work there.
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:54 pm

I have maprank. Sometimes it stalls without giving the right stats. And when I had Vista opsys, Mozilla firefox wouldn't work properly on it at all, much less the monkeywrenches that people created for Mozilla.

Besides, now that they've got a new web developer, this gives him something to work on that it's obvious many would like (because this is HARDLY the first suggestion to have CC provide to all, what those wonderful players who designed the monkeywrenches enabled first, for Mozilla users. For example, look at the expanded game stats that Lack put in not that long ago.)
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby edwinissweet on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:26 pm

this would be helpful.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:46 pm

edwinissweet wrote:this would be helpful.

For me, Map Rank has been 100% unreliebale recently. I support this idea.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:58 am

JoshyBoy wrote:

how so, unreliable? I assume under options you have selected to also note the ratings medals.
please also note that most medals will update once you have finished the game, but sometime you need to wait till the game is archived, so maprank and your actual right to the medal is just a matter of time
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 am

SirSebstar wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:

how so, unreliable? I assume under options you have selected to also note the ratings medals.
please also note that most medals will update once you have finished the game, but sometime you need to wait till the game is archived, so maprank and your actual right to the medal is just a matter of time

I don't know what the problem is. One day I'll map rank and it says I have 34 medals then the next day it says I have 36. Then a day or two later I have 31, then the day after I have 35. Also, the other numbers fluctuate both upwards and downwards.

Oh and I updated the first post.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby CrayZJ on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:44 pm

I was going to initiate a post for this exact request. Then I saw this chain. I also support the idea. I didn't know maprank existed, and will certainly give it a try, but it sounds like it has its bugs too.

I would be nice to know where I was relative to each of the medals available so that I can decide what games I want to play.
Sergeant 1st Class CrayZJ

Postby Dako on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:48 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:

I don't know what the problem is. One day I'll map rank and it says I have 34 medals then the next day it says I have 36. Then a day or two later I have 31, then the day after I have 35. Also, the other numbers fluctuate both upwards and downwards.

Oh and I updated the first post.

Cheers, JB ;)

Try to reset it and then map rank yourself.
Colonel Dako

Postby Queen_Herpes on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:47 pm

It would be nice to see these options available to all players...not just the ones who are able to use the various add-ons to the site. If I ever want to know my maprank, I am forced to PM someone nice enough to look it up for me. Kind of annoying. Would be nice if I could just do it myself.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Counting to next Medal

Postby giantrascal on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Concise description:
  • on the player's 'wall,' the requirements for achieving the various degrees of the medal are show. For instance, the standard medal has its bronze level at X=20, silver at X=100 and gold at X=400. What I would like to know is how close I currently am to attaining the next degree of the medal.

Specifics/Details:
  • On the wall, put something to the effect of Your current count is X

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • watching your progress to the next medal and know how close you are to achieving the next degree of the medal
Sergeant 1st Class giantrascal

Re: Counting to next Medal

Postby greenoaks on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:20 pm

just download Map Rank GL
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Queen_Herpes on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

greenoaks wrote:just download Map Rank GL

What if he cannot download maprank? What if his system isn't compatible with maprank?

Lets push this suggestion forward. Everyone likes maprank, but not everyone can use it. Time to make it part of the site.

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby giantrascal on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:

What if he cannot download maprank? What if his system isn't compatible with maprank?

Lets push this suggestion forward. Everyone likes maprank, but not everyone can use it. Time to make it part of the site.

Currently, both the IE (with IE7pro) and Chrome browsers are available on my computer. I have attempted loading the IE specific Map Rank script onto the IE browser and the Firefox/Greasemonkey script onto Chrome (the forum stated that Chrome can read some Greasmonkey scripts). Both of them have led to the Map Rank menu along the left column of the screen, but upon typing a name, had a popup. Chrome gave a blank popup, IE gave "Scanning 0%" and a grid below with four rows, five columns. From there, nothing would load. Any ideas?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:39 pm

giantrascal wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:

Currently, both the IE (with IE7pro) and Chrome browsers are available on my computer. I have attempted loading the IE specific Map Rank script onto the IE browser and the Firefox/Greasemonkey script onto Chrome (the forum stated that Chrome can read some Greasmonkey scripts). Both of them have led to the Map Rank menu along the left column of the screen, but upon typing a name, had a popup. Chrome gave a blank popup, IE gave "Scanning 0%" and a grid below with four rows, five columns. From there, nothing would load. Any ideas?

Right now, I know Google Chrome doesn't work with Map Rank. I've tried. I think you'd just have to wait for an update waiting to fix this problem.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:53 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
giantrascal wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:

Right now, I know Google Chrome doesn't work with Map Rank. I've tried. I think you'd just have to wait for an update waiting to fix this problem.

I believe the suggestion is to make it part of the site...as opposed to waiting for scripts and addons that are compatible with more systems.

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby greenoaks on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:43 pm

this should not be available to freemiums
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby giantrascal on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
giantrascal wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:

I believe the suggestion is to make it part of the site...as opposed to waiting for scripts and addons that are compatible with more systems.

Yes, Exactly

greenoaks wrote:this should not be available to freemiums

This is not an issue of who should be aloud to use it. I cannot make a script (which is already available for all CC members) work. This returns to my suggestion that the Map Rank pack be more easily accessable by integrating it into the site instead of having people limited by their system, unable to make the script work

Postby greenoaks on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:23 am

if you want something like this then pay for it

get a compatable system or buy premium to help develop features like this
Sergeant greenoaks

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions