What has changed? (Geek talk alert! )
What does this mean for me?
- No more delays for armies to appear
- No more missing armies
- The font is slightly different... (same size as before and most numbers are identical in most browsers)
- This will reduce load on Conquer Club servers which is always a good thing!
Community scripts affected
Thanks to the cooperation of our most excellent Tech Team, all community scripts were tested in advance and updates were prepared for the two that broke: BOB, CM, and Assault Odds. If you use these scripts please upgrade to the latest version. Although it is a minor annoyance to have to upgrade, the new versions will perform quicker thanks to the changes:
Assault Odds: Upgrade here
BOB: Upgrade here
CM: Upgrade here
Unfortunately the font might look quite different for some users depending on their browser's zoom level and computer's OS. If things don't look right, there are 2 things you can try:
- Set your browser zoom level to normal
- Install Tahoma font (this font already comes standard in Windows and most Mac OSX installations)
UDPATE: Performance is greatly improved now that it only redraws armies that actually changed during your turn. The Hive and other large maps should be much more playable now.
UDPATE: I tweaked the font some more, should look better in Opera.