Conquer Club

Improved Army Printing

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Improved Army Printing

Postby lackattack on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:22 pm

UPDATE: I posted new script upgrade links. They should all work :)

sherkaner wrote:About the font changes: it's now decided in the CSS which font is used. This should normally be about equal to what it was, but there could be browser differences etc. that didn't show before (since it was an image before). If you think the font looks very strange, please provide a snapshot.

Good point - some Mac or Linux users could be missing compatible fonts. There are fallback fonts for Mac and Linux, but they are not necessarily 100% the same. If you don't like what you see, try to install fonts in this order of preference: Tahoma, Geneva, Verdana, sans-serif. A snapshot plus OS version would help us help you.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby rufus3000 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Any chance you can make it a little easier to read?

I use regular old Explorer to play, with color codes on, and the result looks really blurry.
Captain rufus3000

Postby natty dread on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:36 pm

I like this update. Any chance you could fix the 3-digit number centering too?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby jricart on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Since you guys are improving this site a lot recently, how possible it is to include BOB and Clickies in the main site programming so we dont need to use add-ons?

Most of the people use them, and that will eliminate a lot of issues when you guys do upgrades, dont you think?
Lieutenant jricart

Postby cachejob on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:54 pm

a lot of the black borders on the #s aren't lining up, making for blurry, double vision in areas. not sure if this will need to be dealt with on a map by map basis or not. here's an example, notice the door on C block and Ramon in the yard:

General cachejob

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:00 pm

fix the clickes lack!
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby sherkaner on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:03 pm

caymanmew wrote:fix the clickes lack!

Lack isn't in charge of the clickies, I am.. I forgot to remove something, 4.1 should work.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby lackattack on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:08 pm

cachejob wrote:a lot of the black borders on the #s aren't lining up, making for blurry, double vision in areas. not sure if this will need to be dealt with on a map by map basis or not. here's an example, notice the door on C block and Ramon in the yard

How strange! What browser and OS do you have? Were you using any community scripts?
Sergeant lackattack

Postby sherkaner on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:09 pm

cachejob wrote:a lot of the black borders on the #s aren't lining up, making for blurry, double vision in areas. not sure if this will need to be dealt with on a map by map basis or not. here's an example, notice the door on C block and Ramon in the yard:

Interesting. I suspect you're playing in IE with the screen 1 time enlarged (ctrl-+, ctrl-0 should get it back to normal). Won't be an easy fix, I suggest going back to normal size (pressing ctrl-0 once) for now.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby cachejob on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:18 pm

good call guys. it's firefox on win7, but it was the larger font size that was throwing it off. ctrl-0 reset it and it looks fine now, though everything is a little on the small size now lol. thanks and keep up the good work! =D>
General cachejob

Postby Gold Knight on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:40 pm

It seems like a lot of my armies are casting a shadow, or possibly not filling in the entire character with color... Not sure, but its really difficult to read for me, and its not occurring with all the numbers, just some...
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:40 pm

sherkaner wrote:
caymanmew wrote:fix the clickes lack!

Lack isn't in charge of the clickies, I am.. I forgot to remove something, 4.1 should work.

ok thanks working good now :mrgreen:
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Industrial Helix on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:16 pm

I wish the colors could be a little more desaturated... they're kind of blinding.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby FireStar on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:39 pm

sherkaner wrote:
cachejob wrote:a lot of the black borders on the #s aren't lining up, making for blurry, double vision in areas. not sure if this will need to be dealt with on a map by map basis or not. here's an example, notice the door on C block and Ramon in the yard:

Interesting. I suspect you're playing in IE with the screen 1 time enlarged (ctrl-+, ctrl-0 should get it back to normal). Won't be an easy fix, I suggest going back to normal size (pressing ctrl-0 once) for now.

You are Right. I use FireFox... I have BOB and clickies, but unless I use the normal zoom, or am zoomed in more, It becomes blury like mentioned above... I can live with having it at the normal zoom. I am sure I as well as many others though do not prefer having the zoom at normal.
Lieutenant FireStar

Postby FireStar on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Here is a screenshot...
as you can see the five gets chopped up and the black lines disappear from the bottom of the red one and top of orange three...
It's hard to read this way
Lieutenant FireStar

Postby FireStar on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Hate to triple post, but my clickies aren't working (Yes, I'm using the latest version)

All the territories on the edge are off while I had to refresh the page to simply manually end each phase. (shortcuts keys didn't work)
Lieutenant FireStar

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:55 pm

jricart wrote:Since you guys are improving this site a lot recently, how possible it is to include BOB and Clickies in the main site programming so we dont need to use add-ons?

Most of the people use them, and that will eliminate a lot of issues when you guys do upgrades, dont you think?

We are already working to add various Tools & Enhancements as site features. :) Stay tuned for this.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby skillfusniper33 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Gold Knight wrote:It seems like a lot of my armies are casting a shadow, or possibly not filling in the entire character with color... Not sure, but its really difficult to read for me, and its not occurring with all the numbers, just some...

I have the same thing, it seems to be mainly with blue, and with numbers that tend to be close together 4, 6, 8, and i think it has to deal with the black outlining of the numbers.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Tobikera on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:31 pm

I wouldn't call this "improved army printing." Since updating Bob, as requested by the flashing red notice on the Bob Menu, my letters are larger, seemingly a different font, and blurry. Also, for some reason, my Australia map doesn't ever load - stuck in eternal Bob processing. I use FireFox 3.6.3. Any clues would be appreciated. I'm not going to play the Ctrl+ and Ctrl- game every time I log in - that's ridiculous. I appreciate the efforts to improve CC, but this one sent me back a couple steps. :?

Tobikera
Captain Tobikera

Postby lokisgal on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:42 pm

I upgraded bob- lost it totally though it shows in my tools that its still there. Dumped it re installed it still nothing. Im running a mac OS 10.4.1 and yes I have all the correct fonts
Bob has disappeared from my side menu I can see
Game menu
Interaction Menu
Personal Menu
Map Rank GL
I have no stats no nada - this sucks.
I just tried to de and re install again and still its not working at all.

I upgraded because it wasnt working with out the upgrade either. GRRRRRRRRRR :twisted:
Last edited by lokisgal on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:43 pm

I like the new font.. It will take some getting used to, but I still like it ;)

The only thing I am having trouble with is Clickable Maps.. The new version in this thread, and in the actual thread, isn't working for me.. I will sort it out though :)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:46 pm

This font is disgustingly bold and blurry, and the stroke is even worse.

Go back to the pixel one.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby lokisgal on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:19 pm

AND IT DOESNT WORK ON A MAC - I HAVE ALL THE FONTS AND NOW I HAVE NO BOB!!!!
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lokisgal on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:21 pm

lokisgal wrote:AND IT DOESNT WORK ON A MAC - I HAVE ALL THE FONTS AND NOW I HAVE NO BOB!!!!

Im in foggy games and its important for kills and so on i cant tell how many someone has left - wtf
when is this going to be fixed???!!

I updated on one comp OS 10.4.1 (mac) now bob is just gone
did not update on another - same system and I cant load maps.....
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby king achilles on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:44 pm

FireStar wrote:Hate to triple post, but my clickies aren't working (Yes, I'm using the latest version)

All the territories on the edge are off while I had to refresh the page to simply manually end each phase. (shortcuts keys didn't work)

I suggest that you continue this with the CM thread here.

====================

skillfusniper33 wrote:I have the same thing, it seems to be mainly with blue, and with numbers that tend to be close together 4, 6, 8, and i think it has to deal with the black outlining of the numbers.

Tobikera wrote:I wouldn't call this "improved army printing." Since updating Bob, as requested by the flashing red notice on the Bob Menu, my letters are larger, seemingly a different font, and blurry. Also, for some reason, my Australia map doesn't ever load - stuck in eternal Bob processing. I use FireFox 3.6.3. Any clues would be appreciated. I'm not going to play the Ctrl+ and Ctrl- game every time I log in - that's ridiculous. I appreciate the efforts to improve CC, but this one sent me back a couple steps. :?

Please be sure that you are viewing the map on a 'normal' level and not in a zoomed setting. For now, I would say this is the "fix" in avoiding to see any sort of blurry numbers or letters.

======================

lokisgal
Let's try this. Clear your cache and cookies. Uninstall BOB if it's there. Then check if you have the latest version of your browser. Restart pc. Install BOB again.
Please don't have more than 1 account. If you have any CC concerns, you can contact us here.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives