Manual troops not on maps with starting positions

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Manual troops, not all maps [suggestion]

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:54 pm

natty_dread wrote:I say take away the medals. Why should they get to keep the medals they earned by shady tactics in the first place? If people will have to earn their manual medals fairly in the future, why should those who used questionable means to get theirs get to keep them?

to be fair playing 1vs1 makes crossmap and single medal kinda shady in my mind too.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (1)

Postby Dako on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:32 am

Am I the only one thinking, that manual should be distribute only along your own troops, and not on teammates?
Brigadier Dako

Medals: 115
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (24)
Clan Achievement (20) General Contribution (20)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Dako wrote:Am I the only one thinking, that manual should be distribute only along your own troops, and not on teammates?

Hm, if we were playing Risk, that does make sense. But since we are playing Conquer Club World Domination, it could be a unique variant for our use. :D

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby onbekende on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Age of Realms (1, 2, 3)
City Mogul
New World
Feudal Epic
Feudal War
St Patricksday - not playable
(Das Schloss)
(Peloponnesian War)

that should be an accurate list of maps that are clearly not maps for the manual troop placement medal. (if I missed one, it means I didn't pkay that one yet, which is not many maps), 2 last maps are in Beta.

there are also some that are borderline cause of either the objectives (aka if you don't read carefully, you corner yourself with a manual deploy)or cause of amount of territories (who would even start a manual drop on those?)
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Sergeant 1st Class onbekende

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Culs De Sac on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:06 pm

onbekende wrote:Age of Realms (1, 2, 3)
City Mogul
New World
Feudal Epic
Feudal War
(Das Schloss)
(Peloponnesian War)

that should be an accurate list of maps that are clearly not maps for the manual troop placement medal. (if I missed one, it means I didn't pkay that one yet, which is not many maps), 2 last maps are in Beta.

there are also some that are borderline cause of either the objectives (aka if you don't read carefully, you corner yourself with a manual deploy)or cause of amount of territories (who would even start a manual drop on those?)

Age of Realm Maps have two places to deploy.. And manual does make sense on these maps depending on drops... So to remove the manual from this map would def. change game play..

For instance.. If you get dropped Mua and Borun in AOR 3.. Then deploying all of your troops on one castle would make attaining a bonus region much easier.. especially Mua since you have to hit a 3 and a 6 just to take your first rune...

The same goes for both Feudals and New World....

The best solution to this dilemma would be to remove the Manual Medal from 1v1 settings.. and grant it for team games only.

As for Dako... I disagree with you.. I enjoy the science behind being able to place on either my teammates or myself. So I would still allow for manual deployment on ANY player.. In a team game... Forting or feeding one particular player becomes an essential strategy at some point and time.. This happens to create it a bit sooner.

My vote is to remove the medal all together...or to make it a team based medal to avoid some of these 1v1 medal "farming" examples individuals have shown concerns about.

p.s. Jamaica and City Mogul are def an exception since its been stated that manual makes NO difference.
Captain Culs De Sac

Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby psychobkrazy on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 pm

I think the manual deployment should stay the way it is. Who cares if you start with neutrals surrounding you or not. There is still a certain strategy to placing your troops. If you do not think so then I invite you to play me on WWII Poland. :lol:
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Major psychobkrazy

Medals: 109
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby AAFitz on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:54 pm

onbekende wrote:Age of Realms (1, 2, 3)
City Mogul
New World
Feudal Epic
Feudal War
(Das Schloss)
(Peloponnesian War)

lol, you might as well delete the map das schloss if you delete manual from it. Personally, I think manual on it is the only way to play it. I honestly like that setting so much im pretty sure Id just quit CC if it was removed.

and unless i misread map rank, you have never even tried manual on das schloss, so you essentially have no idea what you are talking about.
Last edited by AAFitz on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
Captain AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby Falkomagno on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:56 pm

In jamaica it should be not available the manual deployment
Private 1st Class Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby natty dread on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:06 am

Sigh... I guess I have to reiterate this. Whether a map is suitable for manual or not should be game type dependent. For example some maps might not be suitable for 5 player singles manual, but could be suitable for 4 player doubles. The system I proposed would take this in account, and should be simple to code:

to allow for manual deployment, for singles games a map must have for each player at least 2 territories that do not start neutral, of which at least 1 territory must not be coded as a starting position.

In the case of team games, the 2 territories minimum doesn't apply, but each player must still start with at least 1 territory that is not coded as starting position.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:55 am

That suggestion is a little more difficult than you think, Natty_dread. But I know lackattack is looking into somethings, and we'll see what happens for his Medals Update Part 2. :)

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby The Voice on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Unlike two-player assassin/terminator games, deciding what maps don't matter whether or not manual deployment is set might be very subjectively based. It concerns me because, while manual troop deployment may not look like much on some of the maps, it makes quite a big difference, because getting the right start plays a huge factor.

If I'm the only one who thinks this, then I will gladly step down from my position, but you may want to ask around more (i.e. reach to players outside this forum listing) and see how they feel. I might be biased because I play pelo war with manual deployment, but I can honestly say it has nothing to do with a medal (I couldn't care less about getting another medal, and if I were stripped from all my medals, I wouldn't complain). It has everything to do with controlling how I start.
Colonel The Voice

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby onbekende on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:49 am

AAFitz wrote:lol, you might as well delete the map das schloss if you delete manual from it. Personally, I think manual on it is the only way to play it. I honestly like that setting so much im pretty sure Id just quit CC if it was removed.

and unless i misread map rank, you have never even tried manual on das schloss, so you essentially have no idea what you are talking about.

I was merely listing mps that I felt had no meaning of being considerd for the manual troop placement medal, must say I haven't played Das Schloss alot but thats halfly cause of my playing style and me being a freeby ;D
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Sergeant 1st Class onbekende

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby qwertylpc on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:32 pm

using manual freestyle on maps allows me to go first most of the games in public games which i enjoy

also on maps such as the aors there is a huge difference from having 2 3's or a 1 and a 5 especially on aor2 where there is a +3 aoutodeploy on a castle

another map ww2 poland has a major effect of manual 1v1

there are too many situations and the only real problems are on city mogul 1v1 manual so either just do that or get rid of the medal, it is used for strategy and not for a stupid medal most people dont care unless your blitz and need to have the most medals on cc
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby AAFitz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:48 am

onbekende wrote:
AAFitz wrote:lol, you might as well delete the map das schloss if you delete manual from it. Personally, I think manual on it is the only way to play it. I honestly like that setting so much im pretty sure Id just quit CC if it was removed.

I was merely listing mps that I felt had no meaning of being considerd for the manual troop placement medal, must say I haven't played Das Schloss alot but thats halfly cause of my playing style and me being a freeby ;D

Im not complaining about you not playing it...only commenting that you have no idea if manual should be considered for it because you have no idea how much it is relevant to the map and that's fully because you've never even tried it.

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
Captain AAFitz

Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)

Postby AAFitz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:51 am

The Voice wrote:Unlike two-player assassin/terminator games, deciding what maps don't matter whether or not manual deployment is set might be very subjectively based. It concerns me because, while manual troop deployment may not look like much on some of the maps, it makes quite a big difference, because getting the right start plays a huge factor.

If I'm the only one who thinks this, then I will gladly step down from my position, but you may want to ask around more (i.e. reach to players outside this forum listing) and see how they feel. I might be biased because I play pelo war with manual deployment, but I can honestly say it has nothing to do with a medal (I couldn't care less about getting another medal, and if I were stripped from all my medals, I wouldn't complain). It has everything to do with controlling how I start.

You are not hardly the only one that feels that way. Myself I dont care what maps are counted on the medals...that is hardly as relevant as actually deleting options from games for the sake of medals, which seems ridiculous. If however, the manual drop does not matter in any way, than I suppose deleting it from those games makes sense, but again, the cure seems far worse than the disease, and having manual on games that is unnecessary has nearly no impact whatsoever in most cases.

Captain AAFitz

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions