Conquer Club

How to get a colonel in under 100 games

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: How to get a colonel in under 100 games

Postby Kiron on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:33 pm

chemefreak wrote:
Kiron wrote:great...way to spill the beans to my success :P

Farming?

Game 878316

I can't remember the last time I played a ?

I bet it was challenging and fun for you ;) Enjoy your star.

dude, that game was when I was about 1700-2000 points, not my fault those players haven't improved or stopped playing...
Field Marshal Kiron

Postby stahrgazer on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Joodoo wrote:No offense, but this thread contradicts the ranking part of the instructions on the game. It clearly states that in order to become a colonel, you need to have a score of between (and including) 2500 and 2999 and FINISHED at least 100 GAMES. How would it then be possible to get to colonel UNDER 100 games?

Guess the thread title needs to change to, "Colonel in 101 games or less" - which would enable the rules to be met, and the 'finished 100 games" is less than 101 (Plus, there's the 101 Dalmations comparison to this dog-eat-dog club) :lol:
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby chemefreak on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:10 am

Kiron wrote:
chemefreak wrote:

Farming?

Game 878316

dude, that game was when I was about 1700-2000 points, not my fault those players haven't improved or stopped playing...

You have 325 completed games...230 of those (70%) had at least one player with less than 1100 points (had not yet reached the first rank increase from ?). Most of them had several players in them that were ?s and cooks. Also, anyone who is interested can simply Map Rank you. You've played less than 30 of the maps on CC and most of them you have a "point hoarder" rating. This is not the CC experience and no one should take advice from you.

Oh, and I do not consider what you are doing punishable farming. You create games on difficult maps that like a light piece of shit, eventually float to the top of the game finder list and are joined by low ranked players, or other experienced players looking to get a risk free farming experience (I think punishable farming should be limited to higher ranked players inviting low ranked players to games). However, these games can't be fun or challenging for you and it is clear that rank is the only thing that matters. Hopefully no new players read this and buy in to your strategy.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby ljex on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:41 am

chemefreak wrote:
Kiron wrote:
chemefreak wrote:

Farming?

Game 878316

You have 325 completed games...230 of those (70%) had at least one player with less than 1100 points (had not yet reached the first rank increase from ?). Most of them had several players in them that were ?s and cooks. Also, anyone who is interested can simply Map Rank you. You've played less than 30 of the maps on CC and most of them you have a "point hoarder" rating. This is not the CC experience and no one should take advice from you.

Oh, and I do not consider what you are doing punishable farming. You create games on difficult maps that like a light piece of shit, eventually float to the top of the game finder list and are joined by low ranked players, or other experienced players looking to get a risk free farming experience (I think punishable farming should be limited to higher ranked players inviting low ranked players to games). However, these games can't be fun or challenging for you and it is clear that rank is the only thing that matters. Hopefully no new players read this and buy in to your strategy.

With his current score there are about 30 people he can play without being deamed a point hoarder. Also take the time to count all the maps you are a point hoarder on for me? It is at least 60...
Major ljex

Postby Arama86n on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:18 pm

still a bad example chemefreak as Kiron *created* that game, he can hardly be blamed for lowranking people joining? (unless ofc he invited them in which case...)
Now, he says it was long before he was general so the below is a moot point but, if he had created that game this week, I'd applaude him for playing random people from that rank, not ridicule him for it.
Major Arama86n

Postby sm8900 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:50 pm

these are great ideas. is it possible to sticky this thread? just a suggestion.
Private sm8900

Postby Leehar on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Arama86n wrote:still a bad example chemefreak as Kiron *created* that game, he can hardly be blamed for lowranking people joining? (unless ofc he invited them in which case...)
Now, he says it was long before he was general so the below is a moot point but, if he had created that game this week, I'd applaude him for playing random people from that rank, not ridicule him for it.

Lol, he's freemium, so he can't force anyone to join in any way ;)

Yeah, if the person wants to get a high score, and is playing on maps he's good at, thats no reason to berate him. He still misses out on the entire CC experience so in the end it's not really that beneficial ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby xiangwang on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:22 pm

chemefreak wrote:
Kiron wrote:
chemefreak wrote:

Farming?

Game 878316

I dare you to start playing 8 player standard games where anyone can join. You have to understand the risks of playing these games where 1 loss is equivalent to the points of 1 win and your odds of winning are 1/8. You don't get increase score consistently or keep your points at equilbrium with no skill. Even noobs at first, start getting the hang of the map and become REALLY good, I personally know quite a few and I still enjoy playing them. Sure playing new maps/settings are fun, but when those maps don't have much room for a players control, your points drop, and this thread is for the sole purpose of increasing points, though some tactics are universal.
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby xiangwang on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:12 pm

chemefreak wrote:

I believe I said at the beginning of this thread, this advice is ONLY for the purpose of getting points, if points are not your goal and you just enjoy playing different maps, then don't bother
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby mc05025 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:05 am

I think the most importand is to play 8 players freestyle. It does not matter if you play flat rate or escalating. The importand thing is to know how to use your computer. Of course when you play freestyle you have to be online maaaany hours.
For example:
In escalating games you should know how to steal a kill (begin turn, deploy and assault very quickly) or begin to play immediately when you can (without spending all your day pressing refresh map).
In flat rate when you choose a map like "third crusade" with a mission when you are strong enough you should be the last one to play in the round, take the object and then start immediately the next round before the one who started the round attacks you. (you know that trick, I have seen you and Kiron do it). In the other hand you should know how to start a round, deploy and make 3-4 attacks within 3-4 seconds!! Nobody can start before your attacks.

I do not know if people think that these are cheap tactics but they are very useful and the all generals who play freestyle games are expert at these.

In addition it helps a lot playing a game with a friend even if you do not cheat by using secret diplomacy. (you can make a truce with him very easily, you know how he is going to play and the most important thing, you have an extra reason to support him during the game)
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby xiangwang on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:36 pm

mc05025 wrote:I think the most importand is to play 8 players freestyle. It does not matter if you play flat rate or escalating. The importand thing is to know how to use your computer. Of course when you play freestyle you have to be online maaaany hours.
For example:
In escalating games you should know how to steal a kill (begin turn, deploy and assault very quickly) or begin to play immediately when you can (without spending all your day pressing refresh map).
In flat rate when you choose a map like "third crusade" with a mission when you are strong enough you should be the last one to play in the round, take the object and then start immediately the next round before the one who started the round attacks you. (you know that trick, I have seen you and Kiron do it). In the other hand you should know how to start a round, deploy and make 3-4 attacks within 3-4 seconds!! Nobody can start before your attacks.

I do not know if people think that these are cheap tactics but they are very useful and the all generals who play freestyle games are expert at these.

In addition it helps a lot playing a game with a friend even if you do not cheat by using secret diplomacy. (you can make a truce with him very easily, you know how he is going to play and the most important thing, you have an extra reason to support him during the game)

Completely agree with you. I don't have experience in escalation games so can't comment. I know in third crusade it boils down to timing and predicting when other people will make "the run for the objectives" and how to stop them (either defending the objectives or just waiting ur time out so they go before you so you can re-capture the objectives). Yes, playing games with people you are familiar with is VERY useful, after many games you understand each others tactics and how they respond. And you also get some sort of a reputation that can be easier to make truces and alliances and if you are close enough, you won't have any hard feelings backstabbing them for the win.
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:13 am

A helpful set of instructions by outstanding players. It's refreshing to see people actually help many many other people figure out how to get a LOT better in a few short paragraphs.

Only idiots would think that someone other than ThaiRobert, Kiron, MHennigan, and XiangWang aren't the best players on CC (based on Points per game played). They understand logic, non-board stategy and not just Clickables, etc. I recall a game where someone with a clear early lead/drop cried because of a quick chat alliance vs them. Yes, there are other VERY good players that just don't mind losing and having lower PPG averages, but you all remind me of Oscar Robertson vs other basketball star wannabees in the NBA.

Xiangwang/Kiron, many people will appreciate the original part of this thread. Most complainers or "correcting" will probably be flipping hamburgers for the next 10 years.
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Postby nippersean on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:00 pm

What will you be flipping David?
Brigadier nippersean

Postby Kiron on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:18 pm

xiangwang wrote:6. Think of your armies as bargaining tools[/b]

Please don't waste your first cash-in on suicidal attacks, think of your armies as bargaining tools in a world of diplomacy to co-hoerce, threaten, etc. Aka, you got a region you want to keep, but has too many borders? Take the 3rd crusade map for example. Spain can be defending by placing all your troops on Castile (need min 15+ to be effective deterrent) and leaving 1s everywhere else. By leaving 1s on your opponent's borders but with a large army behind it, most players won't bother breaking your bonus because they are not threatened by 1s nor will they want to see 15+ troops potentially crashing into their bonuses. This strategy we'll call the arrow because you are threatening anyone who comes in range (aka breaks your bonus).

I would like to point out another reason why the arrow strategy is good is most players break your bonus just for the sake of breaking your bonus, not to eliminate you. By having your borders lightly defended and one strong stack, also prevents unnecessary loses to your fighting capabilities as opposed to guarding all your borders strongly.

Assume u have 3 borders to ur bonus (take west africa in 3rd crusade) and extra 30 armies, instead of defending tunis, balearic islands, and sirt with 11 troops each, u can guard each of them with 2-3 (enough to cause some damage to atackers that they won't attack just for free cards) while putting the remainder on algiers. Most players will not attack ur stack on algiers after they break ur bonus, they would usually retreat to their borders and fortify up. You only lost 2-3 troops defending ur borders and one round of bonus with the ability to counteract. If you defended ur borders with 11 troops each, you are threatening other players on ur borders possibly creating an arms race and if they do break ur bonus, u lose 11 troops and have no ability to counterattack.

Also with 2-3 troops defending, ur opponent won't have much troops on ur borders either so they will be using those armies attacking other players which is good for you :D
Field Marshal Kiron

Postby xiangwang on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:07 pm

woot, finally got colonel icon :P
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby Arama86n on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:51 am

Score: 3965
Games: 100 completed, 54 (54%) won

Impresive mate, well done! =D> =D>
Nice that the cooks have a rollmodel to look up to that hasn't just sought out the biggest loophole to be found and abused it as much as possible.
Keep the blood flowing. 8-)
Major Arama86n

Postby anonymus on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:27 pm

nice!

i mostly wanted to write in this thread to get rid of another thread in this fora that has been bugging me, but nevertheless its very impressive!
i think i had close to 2000 games before i ever got the hat ;)

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby xiangwang on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:07 am

And now the student has surpassed the teacher :P
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby Kiron on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:53 pm

xiangwang wrote:And now the student has surpassed the teacher :P

nope still beating you :P
Field Marshal Kiron

Postby Kiron on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:51 pm

so for players trying to get high score, is this guide working for you?
What are some experiences you feel with these strategies?
Field Marshal Kiron

Postby 40kguy on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Kiron wrote:so for players trying to get high score, is this guide working for you?

im trying to find maps i found one and im not telling you guys it
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby Kiron on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:49 pm

40kguy wrote:
Kiron wrote:so for players trying to get high score, is this guide working for you?

im trying to find maps i found one and im not telling you guys it

There are plenty of maps that can be used

They include oasis, 3rd crusade, basically any map with an alt win condition
Field Marshal Kiron

Postby xiangwang on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:55 pm

ah...i miss this threat, back from a bit of a hiatus :P I went from ranked 10th to 12th!
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby Kiron on Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:08 pm

xiangwang wrote:ah...i miss this threat, back from a bit of a hiatus :P I went from ranked 10th to 12th!

you mean thread? Glad to have u back :P
Field Marshal Kiron

Postby Knight_Guard on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:19 pm

I am going to follow this method, hopefully it works. Haha
Corporal 1st Class Knight_Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion