This is how the intensity cubes now work:
- We have a series of 50,000 high quality random numbers from random.org
- Each time the game engine generates a random intensity cube, the next number is read in sequence from the series (e.g. in a 3v1 attack 4 numbers are read sequentially)
- When the last number in the series is read, we "rewind" and continue with the first number in the series
The advantages are twofold:
- Each individual number in the series is used for both attacker and defender, so our intensity cubes cannot be biased for either side.
- The series is stored in memory so the dice perform much faster. This makes a huge difference when auto-assault is used with large numbers of troops on both sides.
An interesting note - as of June 2010 Conquer Club processes 1,000,000 assaults each day!