Conquer Club

Nuclear Spoils Medal

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Nuclear Spoils Medal

Postby Commander62890 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:49 am

stahrgazer wrote:More medals would possibly be nice, but strategy for nuclear is totally different than any of the other medals, so having one for it does make sense even if the site doesn't award medals for the other spoils.

Nuclear spoils are not the "most unique (yes, I know that term is wrong to use)" type of spoils... all the types are very different from each other. In fact, if there were to be spoils that would be "most unique," it would have to be escalating.
Last edited by Commander62890 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Major Commander62890

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:25 am

stahrgazer wrote:
Commander62890 wrote:But seriously, why do we have a nuclear medal and not an escalating, no spoils, and flat rate medal? Makes no sense to me.

More medals would possibly be nice, but strategy for nuclear is totally different than any of the other medals, so having one for it does make sense even if the site doesn't award medals for the other spoils.

No-spoils pretty much ensures that it's going to be difficult to break a bonus once taken, which makes it a build game; and escalating requires surviving until (and through) higher cashes, which makes it a semi-build game. Flat rate can also be a semi-build game because you have to be able to withstand a 10-cash against a 4-cash.

Nuclear, once spoils are cashable, is totally *not* a build game. It's more of a bait-n-switch game, setting the opponent up to take the region you're prepping to nuke (meow! squeak!), and making sure you clear the heck out of the regions you know you'll have to nuke.

You are in left field as usual. Nuclear is no different than any other type. All types take different skill sets.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby darth emperor on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:58 am

I hope that this answers your question

lackattack wrote:Done!

Other than the 6 game types, we don't make medals for the more popular game options.

As nuclear is hasn't been so popular as the other 3 they decide to make a medal for nuclear to make it more popular.Assassin wasn't popular but when the medal come out more assassin started...
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby Commander62890 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:03 am

darth emperor wrote:I hope that this answers your question

Other than the 6 game types, we don't make medals for the more popular game options.

As nuclear is hasn't been so popular as the other 3 they decide to make a medal for nuclear to make it more popular.Assassin wasn't popular but when the medal come out more assassin started...

Ah, I see now...

I guess I'm just upset because I could have worked nuclear into my medal hunting if this had come out a few months ago... now I've got to hunt for a single setting. :D

Thanks for the response, DE!
Major Commander62890

Postby obliterationX on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:17 am

stahrgazer wrote:
Commander62890 wrote:But seriously, why do we have a nuclear medal and not an escalating, no spoils, and flat rate medal? Makes no sense to me.

More medals would possibly be nice, but strategy for nuclear is totally different than any of the other medals, so having one for it does make sense even if the site doesn't award medals for the other spoils.

No-spoils pretty much ensures that it's going to be difficult to break a bonus once taken, which makes it a build game; and escalating requires surviving until (and through) higher cashes, which makes it a semi-build game. Flat rate can also be a semi-build game because you have to be able to withstand a 10-cash against a 4-cash.

Nuclear, once spoils are cashable, is totally *not* a build game. It's more of a bait-n-switch game, setting the opponent up to take the region you're prepping to nuke (meow! squeak!), and making sure you clear the heck out of the regions you know you'll have to nuke.

Escalating is certainly not as simple as you make out. Especially with multiple players (and with the addition of freestyle, it's more than requiring survival), but you've played enough escalating games to figure that out - so I won't labour you with reasons. But freestyle escalating is certainly more to do with strategy than you would think, you should try it out. :)
Colonel obliterationX

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:44 am

258 Nuclear Medals given out so far! Nicely done to all those achieving it!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:56 pm

thanks... i got bronze, but now i have to work on the rest
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:08 pm

I feel like i was the only one to get Silver 8-[ Or so i have read so far
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Joodoo on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:14 pm

I was thinking of starting some doodle earth nuclear games, which would allow me to gain the medals really quickly. But then there's the risk of losing a buttload of points...
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby lokisgal on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:31 am

nice medal - more things for me to lose points over now :lol: :lol:
on another note I dont think its fair for you to take medals away for a loop hole that was left in the system. If you do that to the manual medal I think a lot of people are going to be really upset......
If you want to change the way a medal can be gotten but I think in all fairness (like the 2 examples you gave on the first page) you have to grandfather in the people who already have them - its not their fault that the site missed that......
Change it if you have to but dont retroactively take medals away

and why not flat and esc and no cards ones now?
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby darth emperor on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:52 am

lokisgal wrote:and why not flat and esc and no cards ones now?

darth emperor wrote:I hope that this answers your question

Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby Commander62890 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:48 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:I feel like i was the only one to get Silver 8-[ Or so i have read so far

Check the thread in GD... I think there's about 6 or 7 others accounted for... no golds yet.
Major Commander62890

Postby b00060 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:01 pm

How do you win medals? :oops:
Major b00060

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Taken from the Instructions Page:

Instructions wrote:Members may be awarded several types of medals. They are listed on the Medals page.

Game Achievement medals that are based on defeating unique opponents only consider players in games that you've won. Eliminating an opponent in a Terminator game will not count towards the Terminator Achievement if you ultimately lose the game.

When you meet the criteria for a Game Achievement medal it will be awarded either at the time you win the game or at the time your rating appears (i.e. once the game is archived).
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:22 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:Taken from the Instructions Page:

Instructions wrote:Members may be awarded several types of medals. They are listed on the Medals page.

Game Achievement medals that are based on defeating unique opponents only consider players in games that you've won. Eliminating an opponent in a Terminator game will not count towards the Terminator Achievement if you ultimately lose the game.

When you meet the criteria for a Game Achievement medal it will be awarded either at the time you win the game or at the time your rating appears (i.e. once the game is archived).

You took his bait really?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Bruceswar wrote:You took his bait really?

It was more to tell everyone (including people new to the site that may read this thread) about medals... I don't actually think he was being serious. But you never know... there are some people out in the world that just don't have a clue :D
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby b00060 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:36 am

hahahah, well not only do I have a clue, I have all GOLD baby.
Major b00060

Postby natty dread on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:38 am

b00060 wrote:hahahah, well not only do I have a clue, I have all GOLD baby.

Your nuke is silver.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby b00060 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:07 pm

Someone is color blind ;)
Major b00060

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:59 pm

569 Nuclear Medals awarded so far. Very nice.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm

And only one of those is Golden... Congratulations b00060!
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives